The next Carl Rove: Charles R. Black

No not silly but you really dont want to face that Rs play dirtier than Dems which is why they have won so much over the last couple of decades. Yeah they didnt manage to stop Clinton but I think they may have succeded in absorbing him.

No not silly but you really dont want to face that Rs play dirtier than Dems which is why they have won so much over the last couple of decades. Yeah they didnt manage to stop Clinton but I think they may have succeded in absorbing him.

You have no idea how naive you sound, do you? You assume, as most of the dogmatic tend to, that if I disagree with you I must be the opposition.

I'm not a Republican; I don't care at all about Bush or Rove-- they can hang for all I care, so I don't have trouble "fac[ing] that Rs play dirtier than Dems". What I do have trouble is believing that you are so easily swayed that you really believe the crap. The Democratic Party is every bit as much as political party as the Republicans-- and the dirty laundry is there, they just haven't been in power recently for it to matter.

So if you are so unbiased and in the middle why is it you can not name someone from the Dem side who is just as notorious as Rove?

Why is to to win Bill Clinton resorted to hiring a republican stratagist?

Does Dick Morris ring a bell?

So if you are so unbiased and in the middle why is it you can not name someone from the Dem side who is just as notorious as Rove?

Why is to to win Bill Clinton resorted to hiring a republican stratagist?

Does Dick Morris ring a bell?

Why is it that you can't name someone from the Republican side that is just as notorious as Rove? Because good ones aren't notorious. That is why I can't name anyone off the top of my head (although I'm sure if I did some research I could find them).

It is just bad politics to be such a partisan, Desh.

See what I mean.

You cant name one because we have had mostly Republican president for years now and they are put there by Rove and Black.

Charles R Black worked on both the Reagan and GHWB campaigns.

See what I mean.

You cant name one because we have had mostly Republican president for years now and they are put there by Rove and Black.

Charles R Black worked on both the Reagan and GHWB campaigns.
See what I mean? You can't simply understand that people who are good at it don't leave a trail like Rove, therefore you make silly statements like this one.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton_Jordan[/ame]

Here is Carters guy.

Does his life resemble Roves life at all?

What you are refusing to face Damo is the Rs develop the nasty critters like Morris, Rove and Black.

The dems have NO People like that which is why the Clintons went to the dirty little boy Dickie Morris to win.

http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.c...f-dirty-politics-a-qa-on-anything-for-a-vote/

This article discusses dirty tricks and politics in since Washington. THe author says that politics are no dirtier now than they were in the past and it gives lots of good examples. He wrote a book, Anything for a Vote: Dirty Tricks, Cheap Shots, and October Surprises, that I just ordered from Amazon.

From the interview:

Both parties at different times in American history have been guilty of mind-boggling attempts to influence elections. In the 1880s, one of the worst decades in terms of dirty tricks, Republicans sent bagmen to Indiana — then a pivotal state — with hundreds of thousands of dollars in two dollar bills (dubbed “Soapy Sams” for their ability to grease palms) in order to purchase votes. The 1960s was the era of Democratic dirty tricks — in 1964, Lyndon Johnson oversaw one of the most corrupt elections ever, against Barry Goldwater.

In the election of 1800, one of the dirtiest in American history, the venomous hack writer James Callendar (secretly hired by Thomas Jefferson) assailed then-President John Adams as a “repulsive pedant” and “a hideous hermaphroditical character,” whatever that means. Later in the 19th century, Martin Van Buren was accused of wearing women’s corsets (by Davy Crockett, no less) and James Buchanan (who had a congenital condition that caused his head to tilt to the left) was accused of have unsuccessfully tried to hang himself. Oh, and Abraham Lincoln reportedly had stinky feet.

There have been stolen elections (the Rutherford Hayes - Samuel Tilden contest in 1876 was certainly stolen by Republicans in the South, a foreshadowing of 2000, and the Democrats may have altered the vote enough in Cook County in 1960 to let John Kennedy beat Richard Nixon).

The interview is pretty good and shows that dirty politics is the norm in America and not the recent invention of Republicans.

Back