The next Carl Rove: Charles R. Black

Again, Morris, Rove, and Black are not the best. The best are those who have only rumors, never direct links.

People who set up things like the Buddhist Temple, who find ways to take the Chinese money without getting the candidate's hands dirty... Those are the people who are the most effective. Blunt can get a job done, but subtle will always be better for the long-term.

I agree Soc they did not invent it .

They are just the ones who are commited to it recently.

Damo yes there are those scumbags too.

Lets face facts though. The recent scumbaggery has been the venue of the right for decades now.
The worst Dem I can think of off hand to compare to the SEEN ones is Carvel. He pales in comparison to Rove, Morris and Black.

I am talking about campaign managers and the right is the one who breeds them like lab rats.

Last edited:
I agree Soc they did not invent it .

They are just the ones who are commited to it recently.

Damo yes there are those scumbags too.

Lets face facts though. The recent scumbaggery has been the venue of the right for decades now.
The worst Dem I can think of off hand to compare to the SEEN ones is Carvel. He pales in comparison to Rove, Morris and Black.

I am talking about campaign managers and the right is the one who breeds them like lab rats.

So your argument is that only the Republicans are scumbags because they have won in recent years?

Just as you won't hear of good campaign managers and politic consultants in the same way you will hear about Rove, you especially won't hear about scumbags that can't win elections.

http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.c...f-dirty-politics-a-qa-on-anything-for-a-vote/

This article discusses dirty tricks and politics in since Washington. THe author says that politics are no dirtier now than they were in the past and it gives lots of good examples. He wrote a book, Anything for a Vote: Dirty Tricks, Cheap Shots, and October Surprises, that I just ordered from Amazon.

From the interview:

The interview is pretty good and shows that dirty politics is the norm in America and not the recent invention of Republicans.

The problem Soc, is that the modern Democrat is a p*ssy, to put it plainly. This has nothing to do with morals. It’s about being a coward. The first thing you will see happen in the media is what happened when the dems took over the house and senate in 06. Everyone from that idiot Joe Klein to Cokie gag me Roberts and on and on, will race to be the first to say “there is a danger here, the dems have to be careful not to overreach”. It is absolutely amazing because these are the same people who for two FUCKING YEARS, pretended to have no clue that the majority of Americans had turned against the war. But, the dems will actually shit their pants as soon as some hag like Roberts makes that announcement. They start asking each other “are we overreaching, we don’t want to overreach, OMG I THINK WE OVERREACHED. Let’s surrender. Issue an immediate apology for anything anyone has said, and while you are at it, issue a vow that Impeachment is off the table.”

They are the most easily manipulated group of yellow bellies you will ever come across. What I wouldn’t give for an LBJ.

I believe the cyber revolution and the resulting net roots community is beginning to change that. But I don’t know if they’ve changed it enough for 08.

Back