the NRA ,congress and Bush want people dead

In 2003, federal lawmakers slipped in a provision to an appropriations bill that bars the ATF from spending money to analyze its gun-crime database or making any data available to the public. The federal government also has stopped collecting cities' gun-crime data.

Congress is now intent on going a step further. This month, it's expected to vote on a package of bills that would make it harder to track other kinds of information. One would bar the federal government from releasing gun-crime data of any kind. Another would make it a felony for a law enforcement agency to share information about gun data with another jurisdiction. (This would make it a crime for a police officer in Los Angeles who wanted to pass along a tip about a gun crime to police in Long Beach.)

I'm a bit confused. I thought you were upset because the government was collecting this info, but it's just the opposit? What do you have against the 2nd amendment? If I'm following this thread correctly?

Note they say track it not collect it?

they will collect it but not allow others to track and complile it.

They are going to keep the info to themselfs.

You pay ,they get the info and dont have to give it to anyone.

Wake up!

Ok so desh is on some kind of rant about something, I haven't figured out what yet.

Monitoring legal sales of rifles and guns does not protect the citizens of this country. Those that do it illegally will continue to do it illegally. Registering guns is just a way for the government to monitor who has em and if the libs ever get control they will start to disarm the population. Then only the police, military and criminals have weapons. The rest of us are left defenseless. And in the case of a totalitarian control of this country there is no way for a revolution or inserection to occur to over throw such a government. That's the purpose of the 2nd Amendment.

the purpose of the second amendment is to provide for an armed citizen militia...not to allow every city to become Dodge City with Marshall DIllon on vacation

Try HR 5005.......something about protecting the manufactures from litigation for the illegal use of their products....or something to that effect...

“Most of the questions reflect a basic fundamental misunderstanding of these relatively new restrictions,” wrote Charles Houser, chief of ATF’s tracing center, in a recent police newsletter.

Under the Tiahrt amendments, passed every year since 2003, the contents of ATF’s Firearms Trace System have become classified, he wrote.

The agency can’t disclose data to anyone except police, and then only if officers have a bona fide investigation in their jurisdiction.

Back