The perfect car?

MAGA MAN

Let's go Brandon!
2017 Dodge Challenger GT AWD

The 2017 Challenger GT gets its motive gumption courtesy of a 305-hp 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6.

The Pentastar is backed by ZF’s ubiquitous eight-speed automatic transmission, connected to the same transfer case and front-axle disconnect used in the existing all-wheel-drive Dodge Charger. In regular driving, 100 percent of the V-6’s 268 lb-ft of torque is directed rearward; should conditions call for the front wheels to leap into the breach, the system routes power to the front. Dodge says the EPA rates the GT at 18 mpg city and 27 mpg highway. Despite the lack of a V-8, the GT does make some concessions to sportiness, including a Sport mode, shift paddles, and launch control.

The Challenger GT rides on 19-inch aluminum wheels finished in Hyper Black wearing 235/55R-19 tires, features projector-beam fog lamps up front, and has a spoiler stuck to the decklid. In terms of convenience and comfort, the GT gets nappa leather, heated and ventilated front seats, a heated steering wheel, an 8.4-inch Uconnect display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a 276-watt Alpine stereo with six speakers, metal-trimmed pedals, and a universal garage-door opener. A rearview camera and rear parking assist are also standard.

Production ramps up in January, with deliveries slated to begin sometime later in the first quarter of 2017. The price for muscle-type appearance and all-weather traction? $34,490. That’s less than a Subaru WRX STI, which also has 305 horsepower and AWD, but slightly more than a base Ford Mustang GT, which offers 130 more ponies, makes excellent noises, and can be easily fitted with winter rubber.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/2017-dodge-challenger-gt-awd-not-so-buff-but-tackles-the-white-stuff/

I have been looking at 2016 Hellcats but have to sell this one first:

20150316_155738_zpsgv6fuiq6.jpg

I like them, Chevys are a dime a dozen around here. I can go to a show and be one of 2-3 Mopars and there will be 12 chevelles and 15 camaros.

Not fond of chevies either unless there is a 49 on the roof and a 7 time champion behind the wheel. Chevy in name only of course.

I like them, Chevys are a dime a dozen around here. I can go to a show and be one of 2-3 Mopars and there will be 12 chevelles and 15 camaros.

Not fond of chevies either unless there is a 49 on the roof and a 7 time champion behind the wheel. Chevy in name only of course.

Don't know the 49, know number 3 of course, when he died, I stopped watching the sport even though he was not my favorite driver.

Great looking cars but they are chryslers. French for crap.

Back in a certain period yes, but not in the beginning and certainly not now. My '12 Grand Cherokee is the best vehicle that I've ever owned. Just turned over 119k miles today. Besides tires and batteries for my key fob, the only thing I've replaced is the alternator. 290HP and I always get over 20mpg, and I do a lot of mountain driving.

Back in a certain period yes, but not in the beginning and certainly not now. My '12 Grand Cherokee is the best vehicle that I've ever owned. Just turned over 119k miles today. Besides tires and batteries for my key fob, the only thing I've replaced is the alternator. 290HP and I always get over 20mpg, and I do a lot of mountain driving.

I had a Cherokee once till it died.
I have an attitude about them.
Dad loved Plymouths and way back then they were terrific.

I had a Cherokee once till it died.
I have an attitude about them.
Dad loved Plymouths and way back then they were terrific.

Not sure when you had a Jeep but they went through many owners and many changes. Mine is very similar to the Mercedes SUV of the same size. In fact shares many of its driveline and suspension parts, except the transfer case is all Jeep, built by New Process Gear. And the engine is the Pentastar V6, 4 valve, DOHC, twin VVT, one of Ward's best engines for at least two years in a row.

Let's see 55's were 292s and then 57 brought the 312 right, didn't later models get a 429? Nice engine picture

The "little bird" I'm less familiar with, but those were an earlier engine family: the Y block.

The 390 FE started out as a 352 in 1958. The 427 had a very large bore and was expensive to manufacture, so the reduced the bore and lengthened the stroke for the 428. The 390 is the most common of the family.

The 429 was made from the bigger big block 385 series engines. The 460 is in this series.

Last I heard, I thought they were suspending the AWD model for the Challenger. I think they still have the Charger model available in AWD, from what I understand.

Cool 'Bird. I've got a 60 with the block block 390 in it. I've got a B&M quick click shifter in it.

I've also been restoring my 70 coronet r/t convertible, but it's been a long process. Seems something else always comes up.

That 'bird took me 28 years to restore. Yeah, life does tend to get in the way.

I hope that you're wrong on the AWD Challenger; I think you are. My FB news feed keeps popping up with Dodge ads for it. Click on it and there are no AWDs to be "built" using their website application. The review that I read says that production will start in January, so it makes some sense that ChyCo hasn't updated the app.

That 'bird took me 28 years to restore. Yeah, life does tend to get in the way.

I hope that you're wrong on the AWD Challenger; I think you are. My FB news feed keeps popping up with Dodge ads for it. Click on it and there are no AWDs to be "built" using their website application. The review that I read says that production will start in January, so it makes some sense that ChyCo hasn't updated the app.
Yeah I think you're correct. I was thinking of the HC version, but I think the V6 model is due out for 2017, and like most models for the new year, I believe that one is already out.

The HC version would be wicked, but I'm not certain about the handling. From what I've been hearing, it's not too good in the handling dept. I think I'd wait till the bugs get worked before buying the first awd model, but that's just me.

Back