the philosophy of serial groaners

when you have nothing coherent to say, I suppose a groan helps you to feel better. I've never groaned at anyone. As I've said before, when I feel that exchanges between myself and another poster just turn in to boring 'you're another' slanging matches, I put them on 'Ignore', which causes, I think, quite a few of the groans I get. If it helps them, good! I genuinely don't notice nowadays.

when you have nothing coherent to say, I suppose a groan helps you to feel better. I've never groaned at anyone. As I've said before, when I feel that exchanges between myself and another poster just turn in to boring 'you're another' slanging matches, I put them on 'Ignore', which causes, I think, quite a few of the groans I get. If it helps them, good! I genuinely don't notice nowadays.

Oh I don't ignore or ban anyone ever.

I also have never groaned anyone

the groaning at the levels some do here could have them developing a hernia

poor little slow children

Hello iolo,

Evince, I've always admired you for that: you have far more patience than I can aspire to.

I once considered it a source of pride to have nobody on Ignore. I participated in a chat room for over a decade like that until I began to wonder what that was really worth. After pondering the situation a bit, it occurred to me that the people who pooh pooh the Ignore feature the most are often the worst trolls. After that realization I never worried about it again.

Same here. I don't know how she puts up with some of the tards here. She must take her brain out every evening and sanitize it. lol

I make sure I see their posts as an opportunity to impart humor and a perfect chance to REPEAT the actual facts

when one has the FACTS on their side they are happy to repeat those facts endlessly

I consider it a matter of self-control and discipline to not groan any posters. For one thing, I make it a point to generally never read anyone I consider subpar, mediocre, dim witted, offensive, or just mind-numbingly boring. Furthermore, I cannot let anonymous posters who aren't my friends have the slightest chance of eliciting an emotional response from me.

At this point, groans, tepid insults, and impotent slurs and barbs directed at me from message board dupes have no effect on me. None whatsoever. I can't see how it would for any competent adult over the age of 18.

Back