The Recessionista's must wait

A mere technicality. That's just when it's reported; a recession, technically speaking, is 2 months of negative growth. It's not exactly comforting knowing that we're right in the middle of that negative growth.

Face it; the economy blows.

It will make it easier for the republicans to blame the dem for it eventually. They always do.

A mere technicality. That's just when it's reported; a recession, technically speaking, is 2 months of negative growth. It's not exactly comforting knowing that we're right in the middle of that negative growth.

I thought it was 2 consecutive quaters, not months, dumbass.
Try learning what the fuck you're talking about

Actually in In macroeconomics a recession is a decline in GDP for two or more successive quarters of a year.

That being said... seems they alway adjust numbers and change the math to figure out GDP and I think we are in Negative now.

My mistake; 2 quarters. It's early; thanks.

Still, we are, right now, in the midst of the negative growth that will be reported. That's kind of the point of the post.

Not Many Americans will remember 07 as anything but a ression.

and they wont be celebrating a .6 growth number.

It will take some better years to mask the memory forn them to pull off the blame. They will do it thought and silly cons will buy it.

Hey, it's the little bitch. Hey little bitch, remember when I said that Rudy took communion in front of the Pope, and you came back with “Ohhhhh in front of the pope wow!” in your little bitchy way? And then I informed you that as a divorced Catholic he wasn’t supposed to take communion? And then you ran away and pretended that you had never said anything in the first place?

.6% growth in first qtr very slow indeed.
but 6 months away at LEAST from a recession:clink:

At this point, I doubt we see a recession in technical terms. Not to go all conspiracy nut or anything, but I am highly skeptical of two back to back 0.6% quarters.

Side note.... there ARE other smileys...

At this point, I doubt we see a recession in technical terms. Not to go all conspiracy nut or anything, but I am highly skeptical of two back to back 0.6% quarters.

Side note.... there ARE other smileys...

yah i dont buy it either. somethings funny.

the stimulus package will kick in and we'll avoid a recession with sluggish growth only. What am I buying, A flat screen maker in Tawain cause they will sell a ton of 32' tv's to single guys for $600 and 42' to married guys for $1,200 just the amount of the rebate.:shock:

the stimulus package will kick in and we'll avoid a recession with sluggish growth only. What am I buying, A flat screen maker in Tawain cause they will sell a ton of 32' tv's to single guys for $600 and 42' to married guys for $1,200 just the amount of the rebate.:shock:

So you are going to go to Taiwan and tell em you’re single? I don’t get it?

yah i dont buy it either. somethings funny.

The fourth quarter seemed close and could possibly have eeked out slight growth, but there is no way that I can see that the first quarter was even close to positive. I thought we would see a decline of 2% plus. We were laughing when they announced the 0.6% growth for first quarter.

If they are going to make up numbers, at least try not to use the same one from the fourth quarter.

wow that's pretty lame, if your going to make up a number why a shitty one like .6%
get back to cold calling.

wow that's pretty lame, if your going to make up a number why a shitty one like .6%
get back to cold calling.

Because moron... if they made up a GOOD number, most people would KNOW they are full of shit. But if they make up a shitty growth number, then people like you will buy into it.

Back