The Republican Party - GOP History

not trophies at all.... loyal democratic foot soldiers marching arm and arm with organized labor and women's organizations ----------------- towards a better tomorrow.

and again....until the republican party takes ownership for its paltry voting record with minorities, you will be destined to maintain it.

Edited for fictitious entities.

I hate that old argument - minorities only vote Dem because they've been "fooled" somehow. It really implies a level of stupidity which is insulting.

There is a reason minorities vote Dem. No, it isn't because the GOP is inherenty "racist," because it's not. It is the policies that they advocate.

Every policy fostered by the GOP favors the Fortune 500 and the wealthy over the working man and the poor. Is it any wonder minorities, the little guy, and Labor loathe the Republicans? It may not be racism, but the effect is the same.
Yurt's history seems to end just a tad early. Perhaps he would like to discuss the GOP "Southern Strategy". One might say the result was that there have been 2 Republican Parties, the Party of today and the Party of Lincoln who must be rolling over in his grave.
"God must have loved the poor, because he made so many of them". Can you imagine anybody in the GOP saying that today?

Last edited:
thanks for the ancient history lesson. Funny how minorities and woman are now in the dem camp. You guys fell asleep at the wheel.
ThreeD rules for the nice pic.

I hate that old argument - minorities only vote Dem because they've been "fooled" somehow. It really implies a level of stupidity which is insulting.

There is a reason minorities vote Dem. No, it isn't because the GOP is inherenty "racist," because it's not. It is the policies that they advocate.
Its not stupidity but ignorance. The Democrats took over the school system and re-wrote history. Blacks who figured out they have been lied to become solid anti-Democrats, just like I became after I discovered the true history of both parties.

I don't agree with that; I don't really see widespread evidence of it.

The GOP doesn't need to change its image to win over minorities. They need to change their platform.
Minorities are generally fiscally and socially conservative so yes the GOP has to change its policies to embrace conservatism.

WHEREAS, Democrats today demean and discriminate against blacks including (a) Democrat Senator Ted Kennedy who called black judicial nominees "Neanderthals;" (b) Democrat Senator Harry Reid who slurred Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas as someone who could not write good English; (c) Joe Biden while he was a Senator who boasted that his home state of Delaware was a slave state; (d) Democratic Party operatives who depicted Maryland Lieutenant Governor Michael Steele on the Internet as a "Simple Sambo;" (e) cartoonist Jeff Danziger and Pat Oliphant who portrayed Secretary of State Dr. Condoleezza Rice as a "stooge" and a bare foot, "Ignorant Mammy;" (f) Democratic Senator John F. Kerry who denounced affirmative action on the floor of the Senate in the 1990's; (g) President Bill Clinton who - following in the footsteps of his mentor J. William Fulbright, a staunch segregationist - refused to enforce a court-ordered affirmative action plan while president and was himself sued for discriminating against his black employees while he was the Governor of Arkansas; and (h) Barack Hussein Obama while he was an Illinois State senator who provided funding for slum projects in Chicago that kept blacks trapped in rat and roach infested housing, as well as while he was a US senator voted against the minimum wage bill and wrote a letter of support for former Klansman Robert Byrd that helped that racist win re-election,

WHEREAS, the Democratic Party's use of deception and fear to intimidate black Americans into voting for Democrats is consistent with the Democratic Party's heritage of racism that included sanctioning of slavery and kukluxery - a perversion of moral sentiment among leaders of the Democratic Party; and the Democratic Party's racist legacy bode ill until this generation of black Americans,
http://www.nationalblackrepublicans...tion=pages.DYK-OBAMA-CanYouSpareAPROCLAMATION

Note to Onceler:

Its not just today's minorities that vote democrat, against the values of their ethnic backgrounds and traditions (and the USA). In the late 18th and through the 19th Centuries, it was the fucking Germans, the fucking Scotch-Irish, the fucking Irish, the fucking Slavs, and in the 20th Century, the fucking Italians. While I'm at it, the fucking Catholics in general.

Yeah...like claiming the Dems that voted FOR the Iraq War resolution were "fooled" by Bush..... implies a level of stupidity which is believable but factually bullshit.

And yes...There is a reason minorities vote Dem. No, it isn't because the GOP is inherenty "racist," because it's not. Its because they have been bought and paid for;... with government jobs for those that want to work and welfare for those that don't care to work....
Some folks do vote their "pocketbook" like the saying goes....

Back