The South Falls Again

Yeah, they're very libertarian leaning. That's tolerable, at least.

Sarah Palin's social conservatism is something else altogether though.

It shocked me what the big guys (msm) found out about her!

I actually knew about Sarah Palin before the VP pick. I thought that since she was from Alaska she was a moderate libertarian leaning conservative.

Then I started hearing her speak... christ. You guys don't pick people to represent you that are very representative.

I have lived in Kansas twice in my life. Once in Manhattan KS when I was in the military and then in Topeka when I was in law school. Both are in the eastern part of the state, Manhattan is in the Flint Hills. That part of Kansas is great, Lawrence is there and that is the liberal bastion in Kansas, lots of good restaurants, lots of incredible music shows, I saw big name alternative bands in small venues. And Kansas City was a short trip away. Very nice place to live regardless of the politics.

I have lived in Kansas twice in my life. Once in Manhattan KS when I was in the military and then in Topeka when I was in law school. Both are in the eastern part of the state, Manhattan is in the Flint Hills. That part of Kansas is great, Lawrence is there and that is the liberal bastion in Kansas, lots of good restaurants, lots of incredible music shows, I saw big name alternative bands in small venues. And Kansas City was a short trip away. Very nice place to live regardless of the politics.

That was my mistake, being born in south western Kansas!

Social liberals in Mississippi account for about 10% - 15% of the population. It's a bit of a hopeless situation. The only thing that will change this state is massive northern immigration, and we just don't have enough attractive destination for that.

That's why we need PR, so we can always get overridden in the legislature anyway.

Social liberals in Mississippi account for about 10% - 15% of the population. It's a bit of a hopeless situation. The only thing that will change this state is massive northern immigration, and we just don't have enough attractive destination for that.

That's why we need PR, so we can always get overridden in the legislature anyway.

You just want PR because you're a fucking Torie!

The Conservatives in England are historically the most anti-PR group.

I meant Torie from the 19th Century American perspective - i.e. you are a fucking European at heart, and not American.

But sure, good for them, although they live in a Parliamentary society, so I don't know what their deal is...

I meant Torie from the 19th Century American perspective - i.e. you are a fucking European at heart, and not American.

But sure, good for them, although they live in a Parliamentary society, so I don't know what their deal is...

Well three, the irony of your statement is that FPTP is the British system. I may be a European but you're the British Tory.

Well three, the irony of your statement is that FPTP is the British system. I may be a European but you're the British Tory.

Okay, I am forgetting that they draw lines over there claiming that if you're on the continent you are European, and if you are on the isles, you are not, but its really all the same difference, except that the Brits are cooler than the people on the continent.

Thanks, though, the British Tories are good peoplez...

Okay, I am forgetting that they draw lines over there claiming that if you're on the continent you are European, and if you are on the isles, you are not, but its really all the same difference, except that the Brits are cooler than the people on the continent.

Thanks, though, the British Tories are good peoplez...

The British LIberals are better people.

Back