The swiftboating of Hucklberry.

uscitizen

Villified User
Anti-Tax Group Has Help Against Huckabee

Dec 26, 11:17 PM (ET)

By JIM KUHNHENN

WASHINGTON (AP) - A conservative anti-tax group Wednesday expanded its ad campaign against Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, helped by a major GOP donor who bankrolled ads that questioned Democrat John Kerry's war record during the 2004 campaign.

The Club for Growth is spending $175,000 to continue running ads in Iowa that highlight tax increases adopted in Arkansas when Huckabee was governor. During the past three weeks, the group has spent $550,000 to criticize Huckabee's economic policies.

According to Federal Election Commission records, ClubForGrowth.net received $200,000 this month from Bob Perry, a Houston homebuilder who in 2004 pumped nearly $4.5 million into the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth to pay for unsubstantiated ads that questioned Kerry's Vietnam service.

Perry contributed $2,300, the maximum allowed, to Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, who is Huckabee's top rival in Iowa. Romney has been running his own ads against Huckabee, criticizing his record on immigration and taxes.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071227/D8TPIFS80.html

All Thompson was is and uglier version of Bush with a trophy wife.

Huckabee would not be much better but this actually could give him some credability

Naah it will give him no credibility. The ones that would vote for him are slaves to the swiftboat stuff. they will do what they are told.

Your right USC , sometimes I just hope they will figure it all out and give them too much credit.

Anti-Tax Group Has Help Against Huckabee

Dec 26, 11:17 PM (ET)

By JIM KUHNHENN

WASHINGTON (AP) - A conservative anti-tax group Wednesday expanded its ad campaign against Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, helped by a major GOP donor who bankrolled ads that questioned Democrat John Kerry's war record during the 2004 campaign.

The Club for Growth is spending $175,000 to continue running ads in Iowa that highlight tax increases adopted in Arkansas when Huckabee was governor. During the past three weeks, the group has spent $550,000 to criticize Huckabee's economic policies.

According to Federal Election Commission records, ClubForGrowth.net received $200,000 this month from Bob Perry, a Houston homebuilder who in 2004 pumped nearly $4.5 million into the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth to pay for unsubstantiated ads that questioned Kerry's Vietnam service.

Perry contributed $2,300, the maximum allowed, to Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, who is Huckabee's top rival in Iowa. Romney has been running his own ads against Huckabee, criticizing his record on immigration and taxes.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071227/D8TPIFS80.html

So making comments now about a candidate's record is swiftboating? Well then the person you will be voting for, Hillary Clinton, is the number one swiftboater as she has really started to go after Obama.

You obviously haven't read up much on Huckabee as he did raise taxes numerous times in Arkansas. And why do you think Cypress has said he likes Huckabee's economics?

Huckabee is a religious nut who likes high taxes and big government. He will not come close to winning the Republican nomination because his economic policies will not fly.

Uh-oh, I said something not nice about Huckabee, I guess I am swiftboating him too.

Umm look at the history of the group and such.

A poor attempt at dissing there.

a poor attempt at dissing? Oh that's right, tax increases are good, sigh, so to advertise that Huckabee raised taxes numerous times is a bad thing, sigh, because it might not appeal to Republican voters, sigh.

This group attacked a war hero and fouled the record on his service for political reasons.

John Kerry served honorably and was a decorated war hero. This group thought nothing of spreading lies to dishonor him.

They will do the same to anyone who gets in the way of what they want.

Be proud, be very proud.

yeah I know enough about the group to recognize that they are just hired guns.
Butt then that is pretty rebutlikens.

This group attacked a war hero and fouled the record on his service for political reasons.

John Kerry served honorably and was a decorated war hero. This group thought nothing of spreading lies to dishonor him.

They will do the same to anyone who gets in the way of what they want.

Be proud, be very proud.

We are not talking about Kerry. Your whole point here is about Huckleberry. How has Huckleberry been 'swiftboated' as you and citizen claim?

Last edited:
yeah I know enough about the group to recognize that they are just hired guns.
Butt then that is pretty rebutlikens.

Like I said you have no clue who or what the club for growth is about. 'Hired guns'? Seriously, do just a modicum of research next time, please.

Back