The truth about what Hillary did not say

blackascoal

The Force is With Me
Although Hillary Clinton's contrived and calculated mention of assassination spoke to a real concern for Obama supporters and his family, the truth of the concern is that threat does not come from someone named Muhammed or Akbar, or from somepne who worships Allah .. it comes from someone who might be named Bob or David, and someone who worships God.

Many African-Americans were hesitant to support him in the beginning because they felt it would only get him killed .. by someone named Bob. That concern is real because we've had hundreds of years of "Bob's" brand of terrorism.

But it isn't just Obama's race that makes him a threat .. it's also what he represents. He's a threat to the plutocracy, a threat to the corporations that control this country. He's a threat to the moneychangers, the military/industrial complex, the prison/industrial complex and the crimnal injustice system that feeds it. He's a threat to the profiteers of war and a foreign policy rooted in "American exceptionalism."

What Obama represents will historical be viewed as an American revolution against the plutocracy. That's where his historically record amounts of money comes from .. those who rage against the machine.

But that's good news, and that recognition gives hope Bob won't get to him. There are far more than just black people, his wife and two children, concerned about his safety.

How did a first-term senator rise so quickly to such a place in history and how did he defeat one of the most powerful political families in America in doing so? It's because he represents a movement that rages against the machine .. and they will try to protect him .. from Bob.

There are plenty of Bob's who are voting for Obama.

Its Dicks and Georges Im worried about.

Obama is the guy who might actually seek that they pay for their crimes against America.

Bob cant get close enough with a gun to kill Obama , Dick and George just might be able to.

Obama is the guy who might actually seek that they pay for their crimes against America.

Bob cant get close enough with a gun to kill Obama , Dick and George just might be able to.

That's true .. but they'll send Bob to do it. Dick and George won't be anywhere around. They know Bob has a passion for it.

I've been accused around here of not having a sense of humor or not recognizing "Saturday Night Live" type satire .. but not this time.

:)

"It's because he's black"

That's funny.

If he was white he wouldn't have gotten the following that he has. The novelty of finally having an african american president has been a huge factor. If his name was Jason Smith and he talked about hope and change and all that fluffy bullshit he would have gone no where.

I just don't get this.

To me, Obama is the best choice remaining.

He's not a revolutionary. He isn't going to investigate or bring charges against Bush.

I just don't get this.

He's not a revolutionary. He isn't going to investigate or bring charges against Bush.

I agree with Darla again. Twice in a month, this is crazy. If Obama becomes President he is not going to spend his time going after Bush. He is going to try and get his agenda passed etc.

I agree with Darla again. Twice in a month, this is crazy. If Obama becomes President he is not going to spend his time going after Bush. He is going to try and get his agenda passed etc.

Here is a perfect example of what I mean.

This weekend Obama made some really graceful and classy remarks about the whole "hillary calls for Obama's shooting" thing. "oh just forget about it, she didn't mean it, I know how easy it is to make a verbal gaffe." But, the Washington post and other major media outlets have been reporting all along that the Obama campaign, has actually been feeding media outlets, especially television news, outrage memos on this.

Now if this was Hillary, you'd see five threads up here "Hillary at it again". But have you seen one mention of this?

When I read that, I smiled and thought, good. He'll need that to beat McCain. You must be able to be gracious on camera, while ruthlessly squeezing their balls off camera. You know what that is? Politics.

I'm glad to know Obama is a goddamned politician. He can't win otherwise.

But he ain't no revolutionary, and Bush isn't going to jail under Obama, and Wall Street won't be sweating either.

He might though, just be a pretty damned good President, and that's good enough for this girl. I guess I'm not so grandiose in my expectations.

If he was white he wouldn't have gotten the following that he has. The novelty of finally having an african american president has been a huge factor. If his name was Jason Smith and he talked about hope and change and all that fluffy bullshit he would have gone no where.

I think it's more like this...he's not Hillary.

Here is a perfect example of what I mean.

This weekend Obama made some really graceful and classy remarks about the whole "hillary calls for Obama's shooting" thing. "oh just forget about it, she didn't mean it, I know how easy it is to make a verbal gaffe." But, the Washington post and other major media outlets have been reporting all along that the Obama campaign, has actually been feeding media outlets, especially television news, outrage memos on this.

Now if this was Hillary, you'd see five threads up here "Hillary at it again". But have you seen one mention of this?

When I read that, I smiled and thought, good. He'll need that to beat McCain. You must be able to be gracious on camera, while ruthlessly squeezing their balls off camera. You know what that is? Politics.

I'm glad to know Obama is a goddamned politician. He can't win otherwise.

But he ain't no revolutionary, and Bush isn't going to jail under Obama, and Wall Street won't be sweating either.

He might though, just be a pretty damned good President, and that's good enough for this girl. I guess I'm not so grandiose in my expectations.

Twice in the same thread I agree with Darla. This is too much. While he may talk about doing it differently he's playing the same game every other politician does who's running for President. He just happens to be doing it very well. But you do not get in the position to be the leader of the free world by not getting down and dirty playing politics the way it has been done since our country was founded.

I think it's more like this...he's not Hillary.

I think first of all he's not Bush. Secondly, certain people have come to realize that Hillary is also not Bill and deny it if you must but thirdly, the mission to convince America that we all owe blacks for how they have been treated in America had succeeded and many see this as an opportunity to repay them. He hasn't come up with a single plan or promise that hasn't been proposed by some other wanna be politician.

Now you've traveled from funny to ridiculous.

Obama is in the position that he is in spite of his race, not because of it. He has transcended a barrier that few people thought was even possible in America today, including me.

After 8 years of George Bush, how about the novelty of having an intelligent president in office .. one who was intelligent enough to know invading Iraq was not a good idea.

There are a myriad of factors that are the basis for "Obama Nation" and a serious look at the consituency that make it up would reveal much more than the simplistic and most definately from the right flawed notion that he's only there because he's black.

I think first of all he's not Bush. Secondly, certain people have come to realize that Hillary is also not Bill and deny it if you must but thirdly, the mission to convince America that we all owe blacks for how they have been treated in America had succeeded and many see this as an opportunity to repay them. He hasn't come up with a single plan or promise that hasn't been proposed by some other wanna be politician.

Someone is bound to call that racist. Maybe there is a little truth to it, but I think Obama has simply had good timing running against chumps like Edwards and Hillary. If the Goreacle had run, I wonder what would have happened.

I just don't get this.

His being the best choice isn't going to matter to America's homebred terrorists. In fact it may add to their passion to kill him.

What he represents is revolutionary because it's an American president questioning the wisdom of following the bouncing ball and doing what corporations have been telling US presidents to do for generations.

He represents a change in US foreign policy that is not directed by Israel, not directed by AIPAC.

He represents a change in Americans themselves, and how deeply have they been affected by the monumental failures of the right and the neocon horde.

We're watching the deaththroes of a failed political ideology and the so-called conservative movement.

Think about this. we all have thought about it. In Iowa my inlaws said they were supporting clinton because obama would wind up getting assassinated. The tricky part is that hillary now saying shes never thought that... Now that is most definitely a lie and more proof that she cant be trusted.

Twice in the same thread I agree with Darla. This is too much. While he may talk about doing it differently he's playing the same game every other politician does who's running for President. He just happens to be doing it very well. But you do not get in the position to be the leader of the free world by not getting down and dirty playing politics the way it has been done since our country was founded.

I disagree.

He's playing a very different game.

His being the best choice isn't going to matter to America's homebred terrorists. In fact it may add to their passion to kill him.

What he represents is revolutionary because it's an American president questioning the wisdom of following the bouncing ball and doing what corporations have been telling US presidents to do for generations.

He represents a change in US foreign policy that is not directed by Israel, not directed by AIPAC.

He represents a change in Americans themselves, and how deeply have they been affected by the monumental failures of the right and the neocon horde.

We're watching the deaththroes of a failed political ideology and the so-called conservative movement.

I don’t know yet that he represents any of those things. I think he is less likely than Hillary to take us into a new war. That’s all.

Bac isn’t it enough that I’m going to vote for him? Must I also get starry-eyed? Must I agree that he is the best thing since FDR when I know no such thing?

I’m going to vote for him. He’s an ok politician. He seems like he might be an OK President. That’s what I have to give to ya.

Back