The UK urges a "Tough Response"

That's a good example of what I'm talking about, dungheap.

Calling for "tough" action is largely meaningless unless you define what action that actually involves. And when we get down to reviewing possible sanctions that might be deployed against Russia, very few of them, if any at all, are particularly appealling.

Absolutely true.

What happens when Russia bans US poultry and pork? They buy almost 20% of the US exports.

Europe is not going to cut it's own throat.

If the EU decided to "get tough" with Russia it may increase shipping cost but it would not kill the EU nor deprive them of a fungible item like oil.

Russia still has troops in Georgia and has stepped up the rhetoric.

What "tough" action has been taken?

In fact, they told the US it had better chart a new course with our warships .. and we turned them around.

Tough guys

UPDATE

Thursday Putin announced economic measures which he said were unrelated to the fighting with Georgia. Nineteen U.S. poultry meat companies would be banned from exporting their products to Russia because they had failed health and safety tests, and 29 other companies had been warned to improve their standards or face the same ban, Putin said.

Your move tough guys ...

Russia still has troops in Georgia and has stepped up the rhetoric.

What "tough" action has been taken?

In fact, they told the US it had better chart a new course with our warships .. and we turned them around.

Tough guys
I understand, I am just informing on the fact that much of the incentive based on fear of the Russian oil being taken away is not the reason they seek to do it this way. War is expensive, in lives and in cash. Avoiding it is responsible. You and I agree on that much to say the least.

I understand, I am just informing on the fact that much of the incentive based on fear of the Russian oil being taken away is not the reason they seek to do it this way. War is expensive, in lives and in cash. Avoiding it is responsible. You and I agree on that much to say the least.

I like it when you and I agree.

I have much respect for you.

Back