The US is going bankrupt

My suggestion is GREENBACKS.

:palm:
just printing money only devalues what you have it isn't a remedy for the problems we have.
just how do you think it would resolve the problem?
again we have to cut spending and NOT spend more then we take in as I said a balanced budget Amendment with teeth in it , and to pay off the debt a 1 or 2% sales tax
Have a nice day

well I have said for a long long time we need to get a Balanced Budget Amendment with some teeth in it. we should never be able to spend more then we take in with two exceptions and that is a war like WWII or a really deep depression.
then we should have a 1 or 2% federal sales tax ONLY to be used to pay off the debt and it would be suspended after the debt is paid off and only put back into effect if we did have to run the debt up because of a war or depression.
and with that sales tax EVERYBODY would pay it on every thing they buy EVEN large Companies and it would NOT be tax deductible for anybody.
Every body got some benefit from running the debt up everybody should help pay it off
Have a nice day
This I can agree with. But you know that any tax or regulation the government puts on is is just about NEVER temporary.

just printing money only devalues what you have it isn't a remedy for the problems we have.
just how do you think it would resolve the problem?
again we have to cut spending and NOT spend more then we take in as I said a balanced budget Amendment with teeth in it , and to pay off the debt a 1 or 2% sales tax
Have a nice day
Yes, WE ARE just printing money, now. :palm:

Why do you oppose GREENBACKS?

Yes, WE ARE just printing money, now. :palm:

Why do you oppose GREENBACKS?
I am not against " Greenbacks " just the printing them like there is no tomorrow,
have you ever heard of inflation?
that is all you are promoting just more inflation ,
Have a nice day

I am not against " Greenbacks " just the printing them like there is no tomorrow,
Have a nice day
The world is dumping greenbacks because US debt will eventually lead to deflation. The US empire will continue to print monopoly money to critical mass.

The world is dumping greenbacks because US debt will eventually lead to deflation. The US empire will continue to print monopoly money to critical mass.
No, it is because the American Empire is going down...the world is done done done with our abuse.

Actually its EVERY U.S president since Woodrow Wilson. Here he is speaking about the federal reserve act he signed into law and lived to regret.

" I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world -- no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." Woodrow Wilson
Positive: Wilson was for tariff reform, anti-trust laws and banking reform ... the antithesis of the GOP agenda since Reagan.
Negative: Wilson was against equal civil rights for black Americans ... pretty much on par with the GOP moves to gut/roll back Civil Rights protections.

Like it or not, the Bush Crime Family, Ronnie Raygun and Dump have put a major hurt on our economy via their versions of "trickle down" economy (or "voodoo economics" as Bush Sr. once called it in a moment of clarity/honesty).

Have a nice day
We pay interest on the money we print now.

We could print our own greenbacks and pay no interest to the bankers.

Have a nice day
Why has the Fed established a policy of 2% inflation per year. Why not zero percent inflation as a goal?

Back