The Vatican's chief astronomer says that believing in aliens does not contradict fait

Now if they could just figure out that belife in Evolution and other sciense also does not contradict faith in God we would be a huge step along in having a church that is acceptable to the average educated person.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90KSE100&show_article=1
What are you talking about? The Catholics already say that evolution is real. For somebody who spends so much time talking about them, you sure don't know much about their religion.

What are you talking about? The Catholics already say that evolution is real. For somebody who spends so much time talking about them, you sure don't know much about their religion.

Do they, show me proof..?

Do they, show me proof..?
read all of it.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05654a.htm

They believe in theistic evolution.

Human evolution vs. plant and animal evolution

To what extent is the theory of evolution applicable to man? That God should have made use of natural, evolutionary, original causes in the production of man's body, is per se not improbable, and was propounded by St. Augustine (see AUGUSTINE OF HIPPO, SAINT, under V. Augustinism in History). The actual proofs of the descent of man's body from animals is, however, inadequate, especially in respect to paleontology. And the human soul could not have been derived through natural evolution from that of the brute, since it is of a spiritual nature; for which reason we must refer its origin to a creative act on the part of God.

Basically what they say, is that it is probable that God used this as a tool to create the animal Man, but his soul was created 100% by God.

Religion is just preparing for greater scientific discoveries and trying to figure out the cover.

Maybe a new version of the bible that says God created aliens.

Intelligent Design by any other name...
Nah, Intelligent Design tries to say that Evolution didn't happen because...

This is theistic evolution that says that God used this as a tool, that the Creation story is symbolic, not literal.

I'd love to see the Pope's face if little green men landed in the centre of the St Peter's Square all carrying copies of the Koran under their seven arms.

I'd love to see the Pope's face if little green men landed in the centre of the St Peter's Square all carrying copies of the Koran under their seven arms.
What if they stopped by with Jeebus and said, "We've grown tired of this guy, all he does is run on about "love" and such..."?

What if they stopped by with Jeebus and said, "We've grown tired of this guy, all he does is run on about "love" and such..."?

USC is probably right.

If there was a "second coming" (or just a "coming", for all us non-believers) can you imagine anyone taking it seriously?

Everyone would be comparing him to David Copperfield and David Blaine, pestering him to make the Statue of Liberty disappear and that.

Back