The Voters Of Connecticut Have Spoken

You have a point, in 2000 he was a sore Loserman for again contesting results after the recount.
He conceded and contested nothing, he's just moving on to be an independent, hopefully this will reawaken the moderate in him and we can see more stances like he used to do with supporting school vouchers and choice.
You really should look back at his whole record and not the cherrypicked votes and positions that the Lamont campaign fed you to paint a distorted picture.

well Im going to go with Lamont, for a number of things one mainly being a sore loser like 2000 its everyone's fault but his, and you should have seen his concession speech. I like alot of what Lamont has to say with regard to Lobbiests and how lieberman has big business supporters funding him and i don't think that senators should have a fiefdom on their seat. do some years and then leave. 18 years is a long time

Alito is fine, Conservative judges adhere more to the Constitution. They should not be voted in based on political allegiance.

NCLB--which LIEberman voted for and conn is now suing--not exactly representing our interests
LOL. Once Ted Kennedy tacked on GIANT spending increases to NCLB, most of the Dems signed onto it. That was the real worst part of NCLB and it was solidly from the Dems, see for yourself:

"Ted Kennedy, lobbied Congress and added $26 billion to the federal education budget for the implementation of NCLB. A Harvard study contends that NCLB is one of the most unintrusive educational initiatives ever created and that it is completely funded. But Kennedy refuses to acknowledge the study from one of our most liberal and prestigious institutions of higher education. Rather, Kennedy contends that the program is a failure because he isn’t allowed to hold the purse strings. "
http://www.americandaily.com/article/692

How devious is that? Dems like Kennedy pack on the spending increases and then on top of that, years later complaining both that we spend too much and deficit getting increased, while simultaneously saying it wasn't "properly" funded (as in give us YET more money).

shivo... LIEberman sided w/ bush and the veg lady in Fl
sooooo many issues.
Who cares, so did wacko left Jesse Jackson, that cause took in the religious left too. As I recall, Care4All (a Dem) was the most passionate in defence of keeping Schiavo alive, right?
It was really a non-issue either way, doesn't affect you in the slightest.
Judge him based on issues, if you get into this "Oh he supported something Bush did, so I can't accept that", you really just turn yourself into another yellowdog dem and that's not you.

well Im going to go with Lamont, for a number of things one mainly being a sore loser like 2000 its everyone's fault but his, and you should have seen his concession speech. I like alot of what Lamont has to say with regard to Lobbiests and how lieberman has big business supporters funding him and i don't think that senators should have a fiefdom on their seat. do some years and then leave. 18 years is a long time

Uh Rob, Lamont IS a big businessman
"millionaire cable executive Ned Lamont"
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1211197,00.html?cnn=yes

You like voting for hypocrits? :confused:

so what he has money dano..so does bush, so does clinton

everyone uses his 'limo liberal' as you say like im supposed to be 'envious or jealous that he has money.

where the F have you been anyways :)

everyone uses his 'limo liberal' as you say like im supposed to be 'envious or jealous that he has money.

Reading Ann Coulter's latest "How-To" book, I expect. :cof1:

Not to make you envious, just to point out the hypocrisy of a guy who slams Lieberman for taking big business cash, when he is a big businessman himself. I mean who would fall for that?

Got a new side business going which takes a lot of my time. I've actually been doing it since about February, you probably noticed I've done less debating for awhile now. It's doing ok, I made about $1500 in the last 5 months, nothing great but it helps out.

Alito is fine, Conservative judges adhere more to the Constitution. They should not be voted in based on political allegiance.

LOL. Once Ted Kennedy tacked on GIANT spending increases to NCLB, most of the Dems signed onto it. That was the real worst part of NCLB and it was solidly from the Dems, see for yourself:

http://www.americandaily.com/article/692

How devious is that? Dems like Kennedy pack on the spending increases and then on top of that, years later complaining both that we spend too much and deficit getting increased, while simultaneously saying it wasn't "properly" funded (as in give us YET more money).

Who cares, so did wacko left Jesse Jackson, that cause took in the religious left too. As I recall, Care4All (a Dem) was the most passionate in defence of keeping Schiavo alive, right?
It was really a non-issue either way, doesn't affect you in the slightest.
Judge him based on issues, if you get into this "Oh he supported something Bush did, so I can't accept that", you really just turn yourself into another yellowdog dem and that's not you.

Except that Alito is not conservative. He's a right wing radcal who espouses "the unitary executive', a concept that not only appears nowhere in the Consitution, but is clearly a perversion of the checks and balances inherent in the three branches of government, which are what sets our nation apart from all others. Alito, Thomas,Scalia, and Roberts are all right wing ideologues way the hell out of the mainstream. Just like Bush.

The point is that the Iraq war is the only issue he deviates from the party on and most of the bigwigs supported it until public opinion went against it anyway.
Lieberman may be wrong, but he has principles.

Like hell he does. His only principle is what's best for Joe Lieberman.

Except that Alito is not conservative. He's a right wing radcal who espouses "the unitary executive', a concept that not only appears nowhere in the Consitution, but is clearly a perversion of the checks and balances inherent in the three branches of government, which are what sets our nation apart from all others. Alito, Thomas,Scalia, and Roberts are all right wing ideologues way the hell out of the mainstream. Just like Bush.

BTW. without the tax increases Kennedy added, the NCLB is just another unfunded mandate and pure window-dressing.

BTW. without the tax increases Kennedy added, the NCLB is just another unfunded mandate and pure window-dressing.
Well doombwaz, they're actually spending increases, not tax increases, do learn to read.

And there was far more than enough cash after many decades of spending increases for NCLB to work without yet more.
Anyway, if you don't like it, call to repeal it, I certainly did. Unlike you who is a Democrat party whore and only criticizes Repubs while masqeurading as a moderate, I think Bush was wrong to start it and Dems were worse for throwing yet more piles of money into federal education which is unconstitutional by the 10th, I just want it gone.

Did you find a job yet or are you still leeching off of working Americans?

the republican guy doesn't have a hope in hell, so im probably going to vote for Lamont. its funny that republicans are now donating to LIEbermans campaign... i find that odd for a 'loyal democrat' to be accepting republican contributions

and im not making stuff up, the billions spent on the war costs each family a minimum of 2000 dollars...

the republican guy doesn't have a hope in hell, so im probably going to vote for Lamont. its funny that republicans are now donating to LIEbermans campaign... i find that odd for a 'loyal democrat' to be accepting republican contributions
As if Lamont or any politician would turn down $ from any person, it's pretty rare.

and im not making stuff up, the billions spent on the war costs each family a minimum of 2000 dollars...
I meant making up my supposed support for the Iraq war, which I don't support anymore or for the last 2 years.

Funny, I saw last night on HARDBALL the White House refuses to endorse the Republican nominee for Sennate from CT. They appear to be backing Lieberman.

oh sorry about that... i guess he would accept it. but another huge issue i have is the sore loser attitude. you lost, accept that you lost and move on.

if he was going to do that he shouldn't have ever run under the democratic name.

oh sorry about that... i guess he would accept it. but another huge issue i have is the sore loser attitude. you lost, accept that you lost and move on.

if he was going to do that he shouldn't have ever run under the democratic name.

I really dont have a problem with him running as an independent. I think he will loose... but its his right, he tried for the Democratic nomination, did not get it. He has a right to run as an independent.

Back