The Wasilla Hillbillies

As for Palin backfiring...

1) She seems to have solidified the conservative base, which is one of the things she was brought on the ticket to do.

You pretenders were just looking for a reason to jump back on the bandwagon. Any scrap would do and you would likely have found one on your own if they failed to throw one your way.

2) She has every bit as much in terms of qualifications as the TOP of your ticket. So no matter how many times you trot out the "McCain is old and has had cancer" line... she is one heartbeat AWAY from being President. YOUR inexperienced candidate would be thrust right into the role with NO experience. He has spent two thirds of his time as Senator campaigning for President and the other third has been spent ducking any major issues that come along. Palin may not have much foreign policy experience, but neither does the One.

She does not have as much experience as Obama. That's silly.

The couple have five children: sons Track (19) and Trig (4 months) and daughters Bristol (17), Willow (14), and Piper (7) [ages as of September 2008]

and soon another baby.

Im just going by my experience with jane swift. You may be right but much lesser things have been brought up about the candidates such as skin cancer with mccain or obama being a Muslim.. etc.

Track is in the military and out of the home. Bristol soon will be married and out of the home.... as will her baby.

That leaves Willow, Piper and Trig.

Three kids to Obamas two. I would imagine her husband will do just as good a job as Michelle at raising the kids while his spouse works.

You pretenders were just looking for a reason to jump back on the bandwagon. Any scrap would do and you would likely have found one on your own if they failed to throw one your way.

She does not have as much experience as Obama. That's silly.

Do enlighten me as to what you mean by "you pretenders"???? I have been publically supportive of McCain since he ran in 2000. Though I admit I thought he was not going to make it last summer, I still supported him.

Tell me why it is silly to suggest she has as much experience as Obama. Enlighten us to what exactly you think Obama's experience entails. He took office as Senator in 2005. He began campaigning for President in mid 2007. What exactly did he do as a Senator up until his campaigning began?

Or are you referring to all of his "present" votes in the Illinois state legislature and acting like that is experience?

The present votes are a misleading stat, and you know it (or maybe you don't, but you should read about them before speaking, in that case)

LMAO... I have already mentioned her being under investigation. There is nothing wrong with anyone doing so. I understand the left will try to spin it as you have and try to make it a big ole mountain rather than the mole hill that it is. Even with that I have no problem if the left does it, though I will mock them for doing so.

I also have no problem with discussing her position on the bridge during her campaign and the decision she made once in office.

I do have a problem with people going after her kids.

Who’s going after her kids?

What really makes me laugh, is that the National Enquirer hasn’t even checked in yet. I understand how behind you guys are, you should have ran ass over to the Alaskan blogs as soon as this was announced. Even the Anchorage Daily News. Something. Cause you are way behind.

This family is hillbilly central. Her sister is in the middle of what is described as a “very bitter divorce”. She’s got NINE kids. (shouldn’t that qualify her for the presidency?) Her husband, the infamous brother-in-law (again, keep in mind, we haven’t even heard from that one yet), was at first, presented as a violent psycho, who had beaten his wife and tasered his 11 year old step child. Not so fast. He had not beaten his wife, and the tasering incident goes like this; the kid asked to be tasered because he wanted “to know what it feels like”, so the husband puts it on test (I guess, phasers on stun? Lol) and tasers the kid for a second. Proving, that yes, he’s a dumbassed hillbilly (seeing a pattern), but a violent psychopath? Umm, no.

So, besides for being in what appears to be some pretty serious trouble for abusing her power, and then, LYING ABOUT IT, she’s got a family that is ready for their own tv show.

Sarah Palin herself, announced her last pregnancy, when she was already 7 months pregnant. Here is the anchorage daily news story about that:

http://www.adn.com/front/story/336402.html

As you can see, at the time, everyone, including people in her office, were “stunned” to learn of her pregnancy, because at 7 months, Palin “simply does not look pregnant”. Interesting, but just as a sidebar, until you find out, that according to Sarah, while she is in Texas to give a speech, her water broke. She went ahead and gave the speech. She then boarded, not one, but two, commercial flights, one from texas to seattle, and one from seattle to Alaska. Once in Alaska, she bypassed the Anchorage hospital, and drove 50 minutes, to give birth in Wasilla. Any woman I have spoken to, does not believe the story, because they all say, by your fifth child they come out so fast, you barely have time to get to the nearest hospital, never mind start flying all over the place. Face it, if it happened that way, this woman is criminally stupid. It was mid-year when her daughter Bristol, was yanked out of her school for months. Now apparently, transferred to another school, but still not sure on that.

But, that’s what started the “disgusting rumors” about who the mother of the 5 month old infant is. What’s the real story? I don’t know. But I will tell you something, before you cry sexism you need to remember, this woman is using having given birth to five children, and having “chosen to give birth to a down syndrome baby” as highlights of her resume. I know of no man who uses the number of children he has as career highlights. So, you live by the sword…you know the rest. Now, it’s easy to attack the people asking questions on this, but what you need to get, is that these things have been swirling about in Alaska, and in the Alaskan state legislature, for 6 months now. This has nothing to do with “the liberals” “the democrats” or Obama.

And John McCain would have known about them, if his vetting team did not arrive in Alaska THE NIGHT BEFORE he announced Palin as his pick.

She also faced a recall effort in Wasilli because she fired two employees for not supporting her reelection effort.

Face it, she wasn’t vetted. You guys are in big trouble.

The present votes are a misleading stat, and you know it (or maybe you don't, but you should read about them before speaking, in that case)

yes, I know, I was being a tad sarcastic.

But please, do enlighten us upon his great leadership examples that he has set forth.... either in the state legislature or in the Senate.

We also already knew about the sister's divorce thing. If you note that is what the investigation is about, it is how it all started.

You are behind. The Alaskan blogs notwithstanding, we have been talking about this stuff for some time, Ms. Bedrock.

yes, I know, I was being a tad sarcastic.

But please, do enlighten us upon his great leadership examples that he has set forth.... either in the state legislature or in the Senate.

I think he set a great example during his campaign, and it was very "high road" through the primaries and so far in the general, particularly when you consider past campaigns. He also organized a great ground game; I know this is just campaign stuff, but it IS leadership.

I thought the way he responded to the Wright flap, with his speech in Philly, was very unlike how many politicians would respond in that situation, and gave good insight into his character, which is important to leadership.

I think his choice of Biden, as well as the selection of his campaign team, are good examples of what kind of leadership & judgment we can expect.

He spearheaded a couple of fairly strong measures in his short time in the Senate, including measures to help the families of injured troops with healthcare, as well as a measure to make us safer from nuclear terror, as well as ethics legislation.

If you look back at his Illinois Senate career, there are some good examples of leadership; many of his "present" votes that are so ridiculed had to do with abortion, and were actually praised as examples of leadership by Planned Parenthood & other pro-choice organizations, since they were a response by IL Republicans to pigeonhole IL Democrats on the issue. The present votes were an idea of Obama's that were a strategy designed not to get sucked into the GOP's stupid political game, and worked.

I second that! You were missed! The Queen of Mean of BACK mutha-effers!

You know, I swore I wouldn’t come back until after the election Soc. Tiana even emailed me and I was like, nope not until after the election, I’m too fed up with republicans.

And then Palin come along, and I read some of the posts here, I think, yesterday, or Sunday, forget exactly. And I couldn’t even believe what I was reading. She’s a frigging trainwreck and SF and Damo are all like “Big GRIN, we got A GIRL’. And really, how could I resist rubbing this drama in their faces. I couldn’t. I’m just not that good of a person.

Who’s going after her kids?

What really makes me laugh, is that the National Enquirer hasn’t even checked in yet. I understand how behind you guys are, you should have ran ass over to the Alaskan blogs as soon as this was announced. Even the Anchorage Daily News. Something. Cause you are way behind.

This family is hillbilly central. Her sister is in the middle of what is described as a “very bitter divorce”. She’s got NINE kids. (shouldn’t that qualify her for the presidency?) Her husband, the infamous brother-in-law (again, keep in mind, we haven’t even heard from that one yet), was at first, presented as a violent psycho, who had beaten his wife and tasered his 11 year old step child. Not so fast. He had not beaten his wife, and the tasering incident goes like this; the kid asked to be tasered because he wanted “to know what it feels like”, so the husband puts it on test (I guess, phasers on stun? Lol) and tasers the kid for a second. Proving, that yes, he’s a dumbassed hillbilly (seeing a pattern), but a violent psychopath? Umm, no.

So being in a bitter divorce or having a lot of kids makes someone a hillbilly? Yeah, do run with that line of thought. Side note... Joe Kennedy had NINE kids... the youngest of THAT hillbilly clan was just cheared by the lemmings of the left.

Kid asked to be tasered so the dad says... sure... yeah, hard to imagine why that act of stupidity and exercise in judgement would lead to anyone suggesting that the idiot be fired.

"Sarah Palin herself, announced her last pregnancy, when she was already 7 months pregnant. Here is the anchorage daily news story about that:

http://www.adn.com/front/story/336402.html

As you can see, at the time, everyone, including people in her office, were “stunned” to learn of her pregnancy, because at 7 months, Palin “simply does not look pregnant”. "

BFD.... my sister also didn't "show" when she was 7 months along. Granted she is a triathlete, but still... all women do not balloon up in the same fashion. Regardless, what the hell does this have to do with anything?

"But I will tell you something, before you cry sexism you need to remember, this woman is using having given birth to five children, and having “chosen to give birth to a down syndrome baby” as highlights of her resume."

LMAO... so THOSE are her highlights? That she has five kids? Ok... gotcha... and Hillarys highlights were that she married Bill.

"I know of no man who uses the number of children he has as career highlights. So, you live by the sword…you know the rest. Now, it’s easy to attack the people asking questions on this, but what you need to get, is that these things have been swirling about in Alaska, and in the Alaskan state legislature, for 6 months now. This has nothing to do with “the liberals” “the democrats” or Obama. "

Yes, I have known about the situation with her former brother in law for several months. I again have no problem with people discussing these issues as they are legit to discuss. Though the attacks on her kid that the leftwingnuts initiated this weekend are pathetic. Nothing will change that fact. Had that been Hillary, you would have had a shit fit screaming from the top of your lungs how sexist the media was being.

only time will tell if McCain is in "big trouble" or not due to this selection.

Did he really? I see a hell of a lot of argument going on comparing her experience to Obama's. I've never seen an election where the TOP of one party's ticket was being compared to the VP on the other party's ticket. This brings Obama down IMHO and elevates McCain by comparison. I think this serves McCain well.

You’re out of your mind then.

First of all, the train wreck has driven off of the “experience track” already, and is now on the “corruption track” and that ludicrous repuke talking point
was rightly laughed at by Obama, in his usual funny but pleasant manner

The woman was mayor of a town with 900 water hookups. She ran it into debt. She faced a recall attempt because she fired two employees for not supporting her reelection effort, and she managed to squeak her way into the governorship, (which she has held for 18 months), because she’s in a very red state, they had a corrupt republican governor they were looking to get rid of, and she won a primary challenge against him. Since taking office, she has managed to embroil herself in a very serious abuse of power investigation. The REPUBLICAN Alaskan State Senate president said this about her:

State Senate President Lyda Green said she thought it was a joke when someone called her at 6 a.m. to give her the news. “She's not prepared to be governor. How can she be prepared to be vice president or president?" said Green, a Republican from Palin's hometown of Wasilla. "Look at what she's done to this state. What would she do to the nation?"

I am really shocked at the level of cluelessness around here. But you know what…the people who didn’t leave New Orleans, not the ones who didn’t leave because they couldn’t, but the ones who didn’t leave because they just didn’t believe that Katrina was really going to hit them? They’re just as dead. And so is this ticket.

only time will tell if McCain is in "big trouble" or not due to this selection.

Yeah, only time will tell a lot of things, including which excuses and stories you’ll come up with when it turns out that, it’s actually crippled him. But don’t worry, I have faith in you…I know you’ll come up with something.

State Senate President Lyda Green said she thought it was a joke when someone called her at 6 a.m. to give her the news. “She's not prepared to be governor. How can she be prepared to be vice president or president?" said Green, a Republican from Palin's hometown of Wasilla. "Look at what she's done to this state. What would she do to the nation?"

I really should put this in my signature.

I think he set a great example during his campaign, and it was very "high road" through the primaries and so far in the general, particularly when you consider past campaigns. He also organized a great ground game; I know this is just campaign stuff, but it IS leadership."

I would agree with the above... and yes, leading the campaign can indeed display leadership qualities. That is why I do not claim that he has NO experience.

"I thought the way he responded to the Wright flap, with his speech in Philly, was very unlike how many politicians would respond in that situation, and gave good insight into his character, which is important to leadership."

Again, I agree with the above. Especially his speech in Philly. But again, this ties to the campaign.

"I think his choice of Biden, as well as the selection of his campaign team, are good examples of what kind of leadership & judgment we can expect."

I think his choice of Biden was the best decision he has made to date. Very good judgement call. But again, this is a part of the campaign.

"He spearheaded a couple of fairly strong measures in his short time in the Senate, including measures to help the families of injured troops with healthcare, as well as a measure to make us safer from nuclear terror, as well as ethics legislation."

I am not familiar with these efforts you mention. If you have a link by chance, I would like to read up on them.

If you look back at his Illinois Senate career, there are some good examples of leadership; many of his "present" votes that are so ridiculed had to do with abortion, and were actually praised as examples of leadership by Planned Parenthood & other pro-choice organizations, since they were a response by IL Republicans to pigeonhole IL Democrats on the issue. The present votes were an idea of Obama's that were a strategy designed not to get sucked into the GOP's stupid political game, and worked.

Funny, but I found no examples of Obama's leadership during his time in the Illinois legislature. If the description you give above is the best example you have on his leadership there, then it is quite sad given the amount of time he was there.

Darla, FYI. I think Obama is going to win.

Isn't it interesting how the whole experience argument has devolved into the R VP versus the Dem Pres? I've got more executive experience than either candidate, albeit not in government. Hell, any 7-11 store manager has more executive experience and has had a larger budget authority than Obama. Yeah, he's ready.

Last edited:
"The independent office proposal that Obama and Sen. Russ Feingold, D-Wis., will likely offer as an amendment is identical to the idea being put forward by McCain, Sen. Joseph Lieberman, I-Conn., and Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, in separate ethics legislation."

Good to see he and Russ copied the efforts of others...

Looks like he jumped on board Hagels bill .... still looking to see what else he has done on nuclear terror

Last edited:
Darla, FYI. I think Obama is going to win.

Isn't it interesting how the whole experience argument has devolved into the R VP versus the Dem Pres? I've got more executive experience than either candidate, albeit not in government. Hell, any 7-11 store manager has more executive experience and has had a larger budget authority than Obama. Yeah, he's ready.

I think he will win too, and I am looking forward to the end of all of this. Sometimes, I thought I’d never live through it, through some strange quirk of fate. Well, and I still haven’t.

I think he will win too, and I am looking forward to the end of all of this. Sometimes, I thought I’d never live through it, through some strange quirk of fate. Well, and I still haven’t.
We survived the Carter years. Could Obama be worse?

I'll argue with you all night long that Govenatorial (sp) experience trumps the same amount of time in the Senate. I think the majority of the U.S. agrees as we regularly elect Govenors and not Senators. People look for executive decision making ability in their leaders. Those in the Senate who are 1 in 100 votes don't have to show the same leadership as does a Govenor who makes the final decision.

Even if we accept your point there is a problem. She does not have the same amount of time as Governor as Obama has as Senator.

Back