The Whiskey Thread.

So nobody told you it is illegal for you to distill spirits for human consumption?

You distill whisky and vodka, don't you?
Vodka is a nutral spirit. Fuel alcohol is a nutral spirit. As for whiskey, to be considered whiskey it would have to be aged and stored a certain way that I can't do as I make fuel alcohol that is sometimes consumed.

Would you like to continue to go round in circles? Pr maybe instead you could actually contribute something to the thread.

Trolling it is then.

I did say it would be illegal to transport it off my property didn't i?

Vodka is a nutral spirit. Fuel alcohol is a nutral spirit. As for whiskey, to be considered whiskey it would have to be aged and stored a certain way that I can't do as I make fuel alcohol that is sometimes consumed.

Would you like to continue to go round in circles? Pr maybe instead you could actually contribute something to the thread.

Trolling it is then.

Maybe you should brush up on the relevant facts.

https://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org/index.php/legalization/state-laws-by-state

https://thewhiskeywash.com/whiskey-styles/american-whiskey/why-is-distlling-whiskey-home-illegal/

https://www.ttb.gov/spirits/home-distilling.shtml

This evening it's cask strength bourbon on the rocks. Though I peated the corn and rye before mashing so it's got a whisky flavor to it with some subtle notes of acorn and chocolate.

I've never been a fan of tequila, but have made some pretty good vodka.

This looks like you confessing to a federal crime.

Spirits may be produced for nonbeverage purposes for fuel use only without payment of tax, but you also must file an application, receive TTB's approval, and follow requirements, such as construction, use, records and reports.

Federal law strictly prohibits individuals from producing distilled spirits at home (see 26 United States Code (U.S.C.) 5042(a)(2) and 5053(e)). Producing distilled spirits at any place other than a TTB-qualified distilled spirits plant can expose you to Federal charges for serious offenses and lead to consequences including, but not necessarily limited to, the following:

Within title 26 of the United States Code, section 5601 sets out criminal penalties for activities including the following. Offenses under this section are felonies that are punishable by up to 5 years in prison, a fine of up to $10,000, or both, for each offense.

• 5601(a)(1) – Possession of an unregistered still.
  • 5601(a)(2) – Engaging in business as a distiller without filing an application and receiving notice of registration.
  • 5601(a)(6) – Distilling on a prohibited premises. (Under 26 U.S.C. 5178(a)(1)(B), a distilled spirits plant may not be located in a residence or in sheds, yards, or enclosures connected to a residence.)
  • 5601(a)(7) – Unlawful production or use of material fit for production of distilled spirits.
  • 5601(a)(8) – Unlawful production of distilled spirits.

https://www.ttb.gov/spirits/home-distilling.shtml

Trolling it is then.

Well that's what you get from GBA. I was warned about him, and his trolling ways. He was banned because of a sock army, but whined his way back in apparently.

I've never been a fan of tequila, but have made some pretty good vodka.

If you're looking to try some new whiskeys there are a lot of moderately priced small batch bourbons now a days. Bookers Uncut and Unfiltered is pretty good. And not too pricy. Around here it goes for between 40 and 60 a fifth. But they do go heavy on the rye in the grain bill so it has a good bit of spice to it. Add that in with being bottled at nearly 140 proof it isn't the best idea for folks that are new to bourbon. J.R. Ewing private reserve is not too bad either. But it's a little heavy on the vanilla notes for my tastes. Though if you like a smooth bourbon then give it a go. And it's reasonably priced at 30 to 40 bucks a fifth.

I already have a small bars worth of stuff, I can't really touch. I'm on a low carb diet, and I have kidney stones. I enjoy using vodka, to make flavor, and herbal extracts, and infused vodkas. I made a habanero vodka for my neighbors for Christmas.

Well that's what you get from GBA. I was warned about him, and his trolling ways. He was banned because of a sock army, but whined his way back in apparently.

It happens. Some people aren't happy unless they're trolling folks. Whatever floats his boat.

I already have a small bars worth of stuff, I can't really touch. I'm on a low carb diet, and I have kidney stones. I enjoy using vodka, to make flavor, and herbal extracts, and infused vodkas. I made a habanero vodka for my neighbors for Christmas.

That sucks. I was lucky enough to be born with a high metabolism.

Whenever your diet is over give it a shot.

That sucks. I was lucky enough to be born with a high metabolism.

Whenever your diet is over give it a shot.

I'll go to the restaurant nearby that specialize in bourbon. That way I can try a bit without dishing out for a bottle.

Fair enough. The town we live in now is pretty small. So there's not any bars or restaurants that have the higher end stuff. The closest thing we have is a brewery pub. But everything they have is absolutely vile.

It's my civic duty to remind people who boast about drinking alcohol they distilled at home of the law.

Home distilling is federally illegal, meaning that hobbyists cannot distill alcohol for personal consumption in any state.

https://thewhiskeywash.com/whiskey-styles/american-whiskey/why-is-distlling-whiskey-home-illegal/

“He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.”

That is your civic duty.

“He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.”

That is your civic duty.

I don't boast about violating federal laws online.

No doubt the site owner will comply with a federal request for your IP address, and your ISP will supply further details. Ask Watermark how that works.

I don't boast about violating federal laws online.

No doubt the site owner will comply with a federal request for your IP address, and your ISP will supply further details. Ask Watermark how that works.

And the same thing will happen that has happened before. They will have wasted tax dollars to find out that I was following the letter of the law.

Says the actual regulations. Ya have to read more than just the outlines and FAQS.

So you say.

Home distilling is federally illegal, meaning that hobbyists cannot distill alcohol for personal consumption in any state.

https://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org/index.php/legalization/state-laws-by-state

I would suggest that you read back over this thread if you are able to comprehend what I've said then you will see that I've broken no laws.

Back