the worst of liberalism

Twelve states allow citizens to shoot intruders in their homes, and 38 states permit concealed weapons in public places. Laws putting more judgment in an individual’s hands stem from people’s increased concern about crime in their communities.

That's citizens taking over the role of the police.

Twelve states allow citizens to shoot intruders in their homes, and 38 states permit concealed weapons in public places. Laws putting more judgment in an individual’s hands stem from people’s increased concern about crime in their communities.

Actually it's 48 states that allow CC. 3 do not require a permit at all and 6, I believe do, not have shall issue. States with liberal gun laws (as in non-restrictive) have much lower crime rates than states with excessively restrictive laws, so either more guns=less crime, or at the very least more guns =/= more crime.

And do you know how easy it is to reload a semi-automatic? Do you think fewer people would have died if his magazine would have held fewer rounds?

Prior to the "assault weapon" ban, weapons fitting the vague criteria of an "assault rifle" were responsible for roughly 0.5% of gun crimes. During the ban, the rate went to 0.5% of gun crimes. And since the repeal it has jumped to 0.5% of gun crime.

In other words, it was a worthless piece of regulation.

You fear the guns. A gun, in and of itself, is harmless.

I don't fear guns. I fear that some people in this country are not willing to look at reasonable gun control because of paranoia and self absorption at the expense of others.

So, is there any gun legislation that will reduce gun related crime?

How many rounds is acceptable? I would seriously like you to answer this question. If a high capacity magazine is an issue, tell us what capacity is acceptable.

A simple 'click' would answer your question, but I guess you need a 'nanny'

What The Act Does

o The Act makes it unlawful for a person to possess a large capacity ammunition magazine unless it was
lawfully possessed before the bill was enacted. It also prohibits the transfer or sale of large capacity
ammunition magazines.

o The Act defines large capacity ammunition magazines as those devices holding more than 10 rounds of
ammunition.

o The Act does not restrict in any way the sale or possession of conventional-sized ammunition magazines
used by sportsmen and other law-abiding firearms owners.

o The bill eliminates a problem of the lapsed federal ban, as it prevents sellers from circumventing the law by
stockpiling large capacity magazines, and then selling them after the ban takes effect.

o Leading experts on gun policy have concluded that banning high-capacity magazines is “a common-sense
policy change that is likely to generate modest but important benefits to society at a very small cost, and so is worth doing.”

For you? Yes, tabsco.

Hey Legion, do you think anyone gives a fuck that I had a previous account called Tabasco? I have nothing to hide. If you think you're somehow blackmailing me, you're delusional.

Just the fact that you know of my previous identity is creepy as fuck, though, considering I never mentioned it on the forum. So it would seem that YOU are the stalker.

Game over, I win again.

Are any of those laws allowing citizens to simply attack people?

A major part of the laws for using a weapon in a public place is that they must feel their life is in danger. It then becomes a matter of defending yourself. Do you have a problem with self defense?

As for the allowing someone to shoot an intruder, what would you prefer? If someone has broken into my home, they have already shown a total disdain for the law. Am I to risk the life of my loved ones purely on the hope that the criminal(s) choose not to harm them? I think not. And I (or my wife) will save the tax payers the expense of a trial and of incarcerating some thug.

I don't fear guns. I fear that some people in this country are not willing to look at reasonable gun control because of paranoia and self absorption at the expense of others.

So, is there any gun legislation that will reduce gun related crime?

First of all, the gun is not what causes the crime. Most gun crimes are not committed by first time offenders, so they are not legally obtaining the firearm. They have already shown a total disdain for the law. Gun laws only restrict law abiding citizens. You are disarming the victims.

Reducing gun related crime will happen when they focus on the criminal instead of the tool he uses. If someone commits a violent crime, put them away for longer than current sentences run.

Its retarded to think that a non-citizen is guaranteed rights under the constitution.

So God gives them their rights, another gov't takes them away, and the US helps that gov't keep those people without their rights?

God gives them inalienable rights, but we deny them those same rights because of the geography of their birth?

Now that is retarded.

Hey Legion, do you think anyone gives a fuck that I had a previous account called Tabasco? I have nothing to hide. If you think you're somehow blackmailing me, you're delusional.

Just the fact that you know of my previous identity is creepy as fuck, though, considering I never mentioned it on the forum. So it would seem that YOU are the stalker.

Game over, I win again.

I didn't know your name was tabasco. I was told to use that name because you can't stand it. A poster I don't even know suggested I use it. Which should tell you alot about how people think of you here.

I was told you stalked my friend and sent creepy PM's. I'm publically pre-emptively striking to make sure you don't pull that crap on me.

So God gives them their rights, another gov't takes them away, and the US helps that gov't keep those people without their rights?

God gives them inalienable rights, but we deny them those same rights because of the geography of their birth?

Now that is retarded.

Seriously?

I didn't know your name was tabasco. I was told to use that name because you can't stand it. A poster I don't even know suggested I use it. Which should tell you alot about how people think of you here.

I was told you stalked my friend and sent creepy PM's. I'm publically pre-emptively striking to make sure you don't pull that crap on me.

SHOOT LEGION

Back