the worst of liberalism

If it was up to me, I'd have all guns banned.

Brilliant idea...

FYI, criminals do not obey the law, including gun laws -- that's why they're called criminals. The result is a disarmed general population at the mercy of violent thugs. This is precisely what is happening in Mexico.

Better start saving your pennies there Wyatt Earp...the government has F-16's, tanks, missiles and aircraft carriers...

fallacious argument. do you really think that the US Government could get away with using bombers, tanks, and missiles against it's own populace? with the backlash they'd have to deal with?

I'm not into guns or vigilante justice.

Definitely don't buy any guns then or participate in vigilante justice.

Please learn though, that this country was founded by men and women bearing arms against their oppressors. If you don't like what this country is, leave. Don't try to change it into your personal deluded utopia.

WOW, talk about logical fallacy...please explain HOW institutionalization would have led to Jared Loughner being institutionalized? Would everyone have to take a state issued test? Talk about the mind of an authoritarian...man, you are a piece of work...and you have guns???
Well admittedly it is a bit of a stretch to assume he would be institutionalized. He may not have been, even under the old system. It's far more likely he would have been however. As well as other mass shooters.

As I said before, that's a failure of the NICS, not of some sort of mass availability of 'assault weapons' which as I've said before, do not exist in reality. And yes I have guns. Somewhere between 30 and 40.

6 hours later and Bfgrn is still avoiding questions and ignoring all facts and logic to make a desperate case.

6 hours later and Bfgrn is still avoiding questions and ignoring all facts and logic to make a desperate case.

I was watching hockey and baseball. There is nothing to answer. Your strawman fails.

What is disturbing is that you view one of the greatest accomplishments of the Kennedy family, especially Eunice and Sarge Shriver as a mistake. The stigma that surrounded mental illness was horrible. The conditions these people were keep in was inhumane and deplorable. You fuckers on the right don't deserve to live in a free and open society. Your ignorance and fear driven insecurities are destructive and repressive...

I was watching hockey and baseball. There is nothing to answer. Your strawman fails.

What is disturbing is that you view one of the greatest accomplishments of the Kennedy family, especially Eunice and Sarge Shriver as a mistake. The stigma that surrounded mental illness was horrible. The conditions these people were keep in was inhumane and deplorable. You fuckers on the right don't deserve to live in a free and open society. Your ignorance and fear driven insecurities are destructive and repressive...
I never claimed that reforming the treatment of the mentally is was without merit. I simply stated that since Kennedy ended the institutionalization of the mentally ill, homelessness and mass shootings have risen dramatically without a corresponding rise in other elements. And you've yet to define an assault weapon, or illustrate how they are different or why they should be regulated. You've also failed to refute my presumption that you're all for the police regulating everything in your life.

Yea, the NRA and lobbyists were able to get Republicans to repeal the ban on assault weapons

Yes they were. No one is saying that a "slippery slope" or incrementalism cannot be stopped. But it is much harder to stop the longer it goes on.

The "Assault weapons ban" was a crock of manure from the beginning. But it took more effort, and more power higher up, to repeal it than it would have taken to stop it.

Manufactures found ways around the ban. So what we need is a ban on all assault weapons. If you have one in your possession, you are put away for life. I have no problem with people having weapons for sport, hunting and to protect their home and family. NO ONE needs a weapon that can kill crowds of people.

So an assault weapon is defined as a weapon that can kill crowds of people?

Hmmmm, I could do that with my bolt action hunting rifle, or my pump shotgun that I use to turkey hunt.

So you must want to ban all weapons that hold more than one round?

Now it's my turn to use your tactics...

SO KOG, you support the rights of Jared Lee Loughner
170px-Jared_Loughner_USMS.jpg

over the rights of Christina-Taylor Green
christina%2Btaylor%2Bgreen%2B1.jpg

It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.
Albert Camus

So Bfgrn, you are in favor of incarcerating people before they commit a crime?

There is not a gun owner I know who wishes for leniency on violent criminals. You make it sound as though those rights are an Either/Or situation. I demand (and served to preserve) the rights of Both Jared Lee Loughner and Christina-Taylor Green.

So an assault weapon is defined as a weapon that can kill crowds of people?

Hmmmm, I could do that with my bolt action hunting rifle, or my pump shotgun that I use to turkey hunt.

So you must want to ban all weapons that hold more than one round?
Already on this chief, no need to overwhelm the opposition :) . Also, check the No4 Mk1.

Already on this chief, no need to overwhelm the opposition :) . Also, check the No4 Mk1.

I was enjoying the pics and vids. Good stuff.

Also, find the video of the man breaking the revolver speed shooting records. Something like 6 rounds, a reload, then 6 more rounds in under 2 seconds. Amazing to watch.

fallacious argument. do you really think that the US Government could get away with using bombers, tanks, and missiles against it's own populace? with the backlash they'd have to deal with?

so, Bfgrn, you never answered my question about what sense does it make to enact laws preventing people from maintaining the free state of the 2nd Amendment.

He won't answer questions where his entire world view is utterly shattered in the process, rendering the past decades of his life a lie.

Back