They lied and people died!

Oh yeah, if the war was the "cakewalk" that the liar Cheney said it would be, (and they all swallowed that one), you know they'd be on here insisting that Democrats take credit for its "success" right? No really.

Yeah - that's my favorite part. It's been this way for years. If this war was a success, all we would have heard about is how Democrats opposed Bush every step of the way, and how his grand vision prevailed in spite of them & the liberal media. The left would be villified for decades.

Now, it's all about how it's a "shared responsbility," and the Dems are as much to blame as Bush, and look at all of those quotes!

History is funny that way. Hey, connie cons - if you're still reading this: we were right, and you were wrong.

I'm amazed people can't figure out that this war could never have happened without the cooperation of people who were simply too worried about thier careers to stop it.

As I said wussies.

but that does in no way exucse you and the rest of the Rebutlickens with your antiamerican rhetoric and fear mongering.

Party of personal responsibility, what a joke.

Yeah - that's my favorite part. It's been this way for years. If this war was a success, all we would have heard about is how Democrats opposed Bush every step of the way, and how his grand vision prevailed in spite of them & the liberal media. The left would be villified for decades.

Now, it's all about how it's a "shared responsbility," and the Dems are as much to blame as Bush, and look at all of those quotes!

History is funny that way. Hey, connie cons - if you're still reading this: we were right, and you were wrong.

LMAO--neener neener---So sorry your party was too caught up in themselves to stop it. That was the time for bitching.

LMAO--neener neener---So sorry your party was too caught up in themselves to stop it. That was the time for bitching.

I told you: I don't give Democrats a pass. But the LEFT did bitch, and protest, and scream at that time.

You're really stupid. I have said repeatedly that Democrats were wussies, and enabled Bush. That doesn't mean that this is anything but Bush's war. He made the call; the accountability is his.

I raised hell before the invasion saying it was wrong, and was ridiculed soundly.
I predicted how it would turn out....

So what to do? strap on a bomb and run into congress ?

I raised hell before the invasion saying it was wrong, and was ridiculed soundly.

Yep, me too. I was called a traitor; people said I should leave America. As it turns out, I was right every step of the way...and now someone is trying to tell me that "my party" bears equal responsibility?

What a fool.

So what to do? strap on a bomb and run into congress ?

Worldwide, millions marched against this war before it began...millions.

I marched against it BEFORE it began in NYC, with hundreds of thousands of others, as hundreds of thousands more marched in SanFrancisco, Seattle, and millions in Paris, in Germany...all over the world.

We all did more than "bitched when it was time to bitch". We acted. But easy for righties who supported the war to pretend none of that ever happend now.

Yep, me too. I was called a traitor; people said I should leave America. As it turns out, I was right every step of the way...and now someone is trying to tell me that "my party" bears equal responsibility?

What a fool.

Yeah by some of the exact same ones that are now trying to blame it on the Dems....Fools and worse.

Worldwide, millions marched against this war before it began...millions.

I marched against it BEFORE it began in NYC, with hundreds of thousands of others, as hundreds of thousands more marched in SanFrancisco, Seattle, and millions in Paris, in Germany...all over the world.

We all did more than "bitched when it was time to bitch". We acted. But easy for righties who supported the war to pretend none of that ever happend now.

My hats off to ya Darla, you are one that put their actions where their mouths were. We were right but you took action. :clink:

Continual references to inspections and reports seem encouraging... but it's curious that none of the screaming leftist fanatics in this thread actually reference any of them. A look at those actual reports gives some interesting illumination as to why they didn't.

Hans Blix was an agent of the United Nations, an organization known for beeing misled, foxed, and generally made fools of by dictators around the world while failing in its mission to reduce or eliminate international strife and threat. His report (http://www.un.org/Depts/unmovic/SC7asdelivered.htm), which the screamers insist says that Iraq had no WMD, in fact says nothing of the sort. It points out that Iraq had resisted inspections for years, kicked out the inspectors, and generally gotten in their way as much as possible. Only in the last month did they "begin cooperating", and at that point inspectors found many examples of chemical-warfare shells, fragments, and delivery systems. The report goes on to say that suddenly (after months of buildup of coalition forces and only weeks before the actual invasion) they began furnishing information about people who dealt with those illegal items, though actual records were "missing". Basically the report said that Iraq DID have some WMDs, even after years of evading inspections, moving them to other countries, and burying evidence in people's back yards; and that with the invasion ready to kick off any day, they were finally starting to admit it and destroy a few of the systems that they had insisted for years didn't exist.

Unsurprisingly, the leftist hysterics in this country immediately started bleating that this somehow "proved" the Iraqi government was innocent of all charges. Considering their manifest sympathies lay, this was as inevitable as it was fatuous.

Keep in mind, too, that WMDs were not the reason we invaded Iraq - a fact the leftist hysterics aren't eager to be reminded of. Saddam had invaded a peaceful neighbor, Kuwait, and Gulf War I was fought to throw him out. George H.W. Bush and the other allies deliberately stopped short of invading Iraq then, despite the demonstrated warlike nature of the Saddam regime, and offered Saddam the option of staying alive and in power, if he would consent to abandoning his desires to takewover his neighbors, stop certain warmaking activities, quit making and storing the WMDs he had used on his own citizens, allow inspections of his military capabilities, and several other conditions. Having had his army blown to smithereens in less than a baseball season, Saddam agreed that these conditions were prefereable to having his head impaled on a spike at the gates of Baghdad.

As soon as coalition forces withdrew, Saddam immediately started violating the agreements he had used to get rid of them, eventually trashing every last one of them. The Clinton administration, instead of completing the invasion as they should have and putting their "regime change" policy into effect, went through a farce of "negotiations" with the government that was violating previously-agreed negotiations right and left. When the GWB administration was elected, they pointed out that such negotiations with someone like Saddam were pointless without the force to back them up. Then 9/11 happened, showing the western world what happened to people who tried to negotiate with terrorists, or ignore them as the Clinton administration mostly did. After years of fruitless negotiations with nations that actively supported terrorists, and attacks on nation after nation by those terrorists, the GWB administration decided on a course of demanding a stoppage of terrorist support from those governments, and forcible dismantling of governments who refused. Afghanistan was knocked off first since they had supported and harbored 9/11's mastermind. Iraq got the next round of negotiations, for a year and a half since they actively supported terrorists throughout the mideast and showed no signs of wanting to stop. Troop buildups began to add teeth to the negotiations, with the allies constantly offering peace if Saddam would comply. He constantly defied all entreaties, until just a month before our forces were ready to invade; then only to suddenly decide that cooperation was a good idea after all. Eventhen he continued to resist most efforts to bring him into compliance.

With the track record of invasions, WMD use, defiance of cease-fire terms, etc. that Saddam had compiled, the allies finally added a demand that Saddam step down. Various liberals at that point were making silly statments that we had "rushed" to war, as though 12 years of negotiations, allowances, backtracking etc. even faintly resembled that.

Pretending we went to war because of WMDs, is like saying the Civil War had started because Southern slaveowners had whipped some of their slaves. In fact, it's only one of many diverse reasons, all of which were overwhelmingly legitimate.

Leftist screams about "cherry-picking evidence" are even sillier. For years, both the Clinton and GWB administrations had received iterally hundreds of reports about Iraq violating cease-fire agreement after cease-fire agreement, brutally supressing their own populations, building up their armed forces, etc., after invading other countries right and left. Toward the very end, with Saddam staring into the teeth of a huge invasion force just outside his border, they finally started "cooperating", and a few reports suggested that despite his gross violations of most agreements, the scale of his WMD efforts may have been smaller that expected... even as more reports still confirmed large size for this aspect of his violations.

Bush decided that the hundred of reports were right and the two or three were wrong, and acted accordingly, as anyone with sense would have to do. And here we have the leftist hysterics screaming that this was "cherry picking", as though both kinds of reports could have been right... even as they insist they themselves "cherry-pick" the other way, mouthing incomprehensively that the hundreds were wrong while the two or three reports they liked, were right; screeching that it was Biush who somehow "lied" while they themselves did not, etc. etc.. Their rage and mouth-foaming desire to "get" George Bush, completely blind them to the hilarious impossibility of their desired "position".

And these are the people who say THEY should be the ones running our country.

The rollcall

Grouped By Vote Position YEAs ---77
Allard (R-CO)
Allen (R-VA)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Bennett (R-UT)
Biden (D-DE)
Bond (R-MO)
Breaux (D-LA)
Brownback (R-KS)
Bunning (R-KY)
Burns (R-MT)
Campbell (R-CO)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY)
Cochran (R-MS)
Collins (R-ME)
Craig (R-ID)
Crapo (R-ID)
Daschle (D-SD)
DeWine (R-OH)
Dodd (D-CT)
Domenici (R-NM)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC)
Ensign (R-NV)
Enzi (R-WY)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Fitzgerald (R-IL)
Frist (R-TN)
Gramm (R-TX)
Grassley (R-IA)
Gregg (R-NH)
Hagel (R-NE)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hatch (R-UT)
Helms (R-NC)
Hollings (D-SC)
Hutchinson (R-AR)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Lott (R-MS)
Lugar (R-IN)
McCain (R-AZ)
McConnell (R-KY)
Miller (D-GA)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Nickles (R-OK)
Reid (D-NV)
Roberts (R-KS)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Santorum (R-PA)
Schumer (D-NY)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Smith (R-NH)
Smith (R-OR)
Snowe (R-ME)
Specter (R-PA)
Stevens (R-AK)
Thomas (R-WY)
Thompson (R-TN)
Thurmond (R-SC)
Torricelli (D-NJ)
Voinovich (R-OH)
Warner (R-VA)

NAYs ---23
Akaka (D-HI)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Byrd (D-WV)
Chafee (R-RI)
Conrad (D-ND)
Corzine (D-NJ)
Dayton (D-MN)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feingold (D-WI)
Graham (D-FL)
Inouye (D-HI)
Jeffords (I-VT)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murray (D-WA)
Reed (D-RI)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Wellstone (D-MN)
Wyden (D-OR)

So more Democrats voted for the Iraqi war than voted against it, yes or no? What are you a fucking computer program or a person douche. Answer the question, yes or no. Now.

Continual references to inspections and reports seem encouraging... but it's curious that none of the screaming leftist fanatics in this thread actually reference any of them. A look at those actual reports gives some interesting illumination as to why they didn't.

Hans Blix was an agent of the United Nations, an organization known for beeing misled, foxed, and generally made fools of by dictators around the world while failing in its mission to reduce or eliminate international strife and threat. His report (http://www.un.org/Depts/unmovic/SC7asdelivered.htm), which the screamers insist says that Iraq had no WMD, in fact says nothing of the sort. It points out that Iraq had resisted inspections for years, kicked out the inspectors, and generally gotten in their way as much as possible. Only in the last month did they "begin cooperating", and at that point inspectors found many examples of chemical-warfare shells, fragments, and delivery systems. The report goes on to say that suddenly (after months of buildup of coalition forces and only weeks before the actual invasion) they began furnishing information about people who dealt with those illegal items, though actual records were "missing". Basically the report said that Iraq DID have some WMDs, even after years of evading inspections, moving them to other countries, and burying evidence in people's back yards; and that with the invasion ready to kick off any day, they were finally starting to admit it and destroy a few of the systems that they had insisted for years didn't exist.

Unsurprisingly, the leftist hysterics in this country immediately started bleating that this somehow "proved" the Iraqi government was innocent of all charges. Considering their manifest sympathies lay, this was as inevitable as it was fatuous.

Keep in mind, too, that WMDs were not the reason we invaded Iraq - a fact the leftist hysterics aren't eager to be reminded of. Saddam had invaded a peaceful neighbor, Kuwait, and Gulf War I was fought to throw him out. George H.W. Bush and the other allies deliberately stopped short of invading Iraq then, despite the demonstrated warlike nature of the Saddam regime, and offered Saddam the option of staying alive and in power, if he would consent to abandoning his desires to takewover his neighbors, stop certain warmaking activities, quit making and storing the WMDs he had used on his own citizens, allow inspections of his military capabilities, and several other conditions. Having had his army blown to smithereens in less than a baseball season, Saddam agreed that these conditions were prefereable to having his head impaled on a spike at the gates of Baghdad.

As soon as coalition forces withdrew, Saddam immediately started violating the agreements he had used to get rid of them, eventually trashing every last one of them. The Clinton administration, instead of completing the invasion as they should have and putting their "regime change" policy into effect, went through a farce of "negotiations" with the government that was violating previously-agreed negotiations right and left. When the GWB administration was elected, they pointed out that such negotiations with someone like Saddam were pointless without the force to back them up. Then 9/11 happened, showing the western world what happened to people who tried to negotiate with terrorists, or ignore them as the Clinton administration mostly did. After years of fruitless negotiations with nations that actively supported terrorists, and attacks on nation after nation by those terrorists, the GWB administration decided on a course of demanding a stoppage of terrorist support from those governments, and forcible dismantling of governments who refused. Afghanistan was knocked off first since they had supported and harbored 9/11's mastermind. Iraq got the next round of negotiations, for a year and a half since they actively supported terrorists throughout the mideast and showed no signs of wanting to stop. Troop buildups began to add teeth to the negotiations, with the allies constantly offering peace if Saddam would comply. He constantly defied all entreaties, until just a month before our forces were ready to invade; then only to suddenly decide that cooperation was a good idea after all. Eventhen he continued to resist most efforts to bring him into compliance.

With the track record of invasions, WMD use, defiance of cease-fire terms, etc. that Saddam had compiled, the allies finally added a demand that Saddam step down. Various liberals at that point were making silly statments that we had "rushed" to war, as though 12 years of negotiations, allowances, backtracking etc. even faintly resembled that.

Pretending we went to war because of WMDs, is like saying the Civil War had started because Southern slaveowners had whipped some of their slaves. In fact, it's only one of many diverse reasons, all of which were overwhelmingly legitimate.

Leftist screams about "cherry-picking evidence" are even sillier. For years, both the Clinton and GWB administrations had received iterally hundreds of reports about Iraq violating cease-fire agreement after cease-fire agreement, brutally supressing their own populations, building up their armed forces, etc., after invading other countries right and left. Toward the very end, with Saddam staring into the teeth of a huge invasion force just outside his border, they finally started "cooperating", and a few reports suggested that despite his gross violations of most agreements, the scale of his WMD efforts may have been smaller that expected... even as more reports still confirmed large size for this aspect of his violations.

Bush decided that the hundred of reports were right and the two or three were wrong, and acted accordingly, as anyone with sense would have to do. And here we have the leftist hysterics screaming that this was "cherry picking", as though both kinds of reports could have been right... even as they insist they themselves "cherry-pick" the other way, mouthing incomprehensively that the hundreds were wrong while the two or three reports they liked, were right; screeching that it was Biush who somehow "lied" while they themselves did not, etc. etc.. Their rage and mouth-foaming desire to "get" George Bush, completely blind them to the hilarious impossibility of their desired "position".

And these are the people who say THEY should be the ones running our country.

Hey nut, I don't have time to read this, sadly I don't get a welfare check delivered to me like so many republicans do.

So, why don't you sum up for us when the promised wmd's were found, and link us up to the bush announcment k?

"Leftist screams about "cherry-picking evidence" are even sillier."

Colin Powell's Chief of Staff said he was given a "chinese menu" of evidence that he was supposed to make a case out of.

British intel said in a memo that the intel was being fixed to fit the policy.

Bush lied in the 2003 State of the Union about a spy named Curveball, and bio-weapons labs that a PDB he had received 2 days before had completely debunked.

As recently as this past week, when the admin was touting the vast improvement since the terrible sectarian violence from 2006 as a benchmark for improvement, when Bush had said in 2006 that the sectarian violence was at an ebb (so, he was either lying then, or he is lying now).

The list goes on & on. How can you be so blind? It is truly embarassing, dittohead.

As expected, the leftist hysterics are unable to refute any of what was said, and so desperately ignore it while going on with the "cherry-picking" they claim to abhor.

Saddam made agreements to stop Gulf War I before it could feed him to the fishes, then violated every agreement once the advancing forces were gone. He oppressed, tortured, and murdered his own people, rebuilt his armed forces after invading other countries and using WMDs on them, interfered with and kicked out inspectors repeatedly. The allies negotiated with him for 12 long years, with vitually zero results, before finally going to war.

All true, all relevant (unlike so much overheated leftist rhetoric)... and all undisputed by the leftist hysterics who wonder why people don't listen to their screams of "outrage". :lolup:

As expected, the leftist hysterics are unable to refute any of what was said, and so desperately ignore it while going on with the "cherry-picking" they claim to abhor.

Saddam made agreements to stop Gulf War I before it could feed him to the fishes, then vipolated every agreement once the advancing forces were gone. He oppressed, tortured, and murdered his own people, rebuilt his armed forces after invading other countries and using WMDs on them, interfered with and kicked out inspectors repeatedly. The allies negotiated with him for 12 long years, with vitually zero results, before finally going to war.

All true, all relevant (unlike so much overheated leftist rhetoric)... and all undisputed by the leftist hysterics who wonder why people don't listen to their screams. :lolup:

Ok so, in summary, hundreds of thousands are still dead, and there are still zero wmds and you were still wrong? Thanks.

Ok so, in summary, hundreds of thousands are still dead, and there are still zero wmds and you were still wrong? Thanks.

You said you "didn't have time" to read it. Now you've doubly proven it. Unfortunately, ignoring the facts doesn't make them go away.

It's a wonder you can type anything at all, while running away at such high speed with your tail clamped firmly between your hind legs like that. :lolup:

You said you "didn't have time" to read it. Now you've doubly proven it. Unfortunately, ignoring the facts doesn't make them go away.

It's a wonder you can type anything at all, while running away at such high speed with your tail clamped firmly between your legs like that. :lolup:

Oh we found wmds? Can you post the link, without the book please?

I refuted everything you said, dittohead; you just ignored it.

I actually did make it through most of your little diatribe, but you lost me when you said invading Iraq was the only thing "anyone with any sense" would have done.

I counted 29 Senate Dems voting "Yea".

The resolution cited many factors to justify the use of military force against Iraq:

Iraq's noncompliance with the conditions of the 1991 cease fire, including interference with weapons inspectors.

Iraq's programs to develop weapons of mass destruction posed a "threat to the national security of the United States and international peace and security in the Persian Gulf region."

Iraq's "brutal repression of its civilian population."

Iraq's "capability and willingness to use weapons of mass destruction against other nations and its own people".

Iraq's hostility towards the United States as demonstrated by the alleged 1993 assassination attempt of former President George H. W. Bush, and firing on coalition aircraft enforcing the no-fly zones following the 1991 Gulf War.

Members of al-Qaeda were "known to be in Iraq."

Iraq's "continu[ing] to aid and harbor other international terrorist organizations," including anti-United States terrorist organizations.

The efforts by the Congress and the President to fight terrorists, including the September 11th, 2001 terrorists and those who aided or harbored them.

The authorization by the Constitution and the Congress for the President to fight anti-United States terrorism.

Citing the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, the resolution reiterated that it should be the policy of the United States to remove the Saddam Hussein regime and
promote a democratic replacement.

The resolution "supported" and "encouraged" diplomatic efforts by President Bush to "strictly enforce through the U.N. Security Council all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq" and "obtain prompt and decisive action by the Security Council to ensure that Iraq abandons its strategy of delay, evasion, and noncompliance and promptly and strictly complies with all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq."

The resolution authorized President Bush to use the Armed Forces of the United States "as he determines to be necessary and appropriate" in order to "defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council Resolutions regarding Iraq."

81 Democrats in the House voted "Aye".

Back