Things you have not heard from the people in Iowa

It's obvious, people used to handouts are just as helpless when catastrophes strike. People used to taking care of themselves are just as enterprising when catastrophe strikes.

Let's compare the percentage of people receiving public assistance in each area.

Apparently the Illinois people are not like the Iowa people. Stories are out there about them whining about why did the levees break, they told us they would hold.

Apparently the Illinois people are not like the Iowa people. Stories are out there about them whining about why did the levees break, they told us they would hold.

Good observation. People are different, are told different things, believe different things, and react to a crisis differently.

1) An entire city for miles around flooded.

vs.

2) The banks of a river, in mostly rural areas, for several hundrid yards around flooded.

In the current situation 99% of those affected can walk to a grocery store that has not been affected.

umm I think miles and miles and entire cities have been flooded so far jarod.

If you look at any ariel shots, it is miles and miles, but in a fairly narrow strip along the river. You can go "inland" a mile or less, and be on dry ground.

All are different, but once this one is done if you add up all the flood zones and homes flooded, etc they may not be so dissimilar statistically.

Of course since this is the Missippi river and NO is at the mouth.....

All are different, but once this one is done if you add up all the flood zones and homes flooded, etc they may not be so dissimilar statistically.

Of course since this is the Missippi river and NO is at the mouth.....
If the Mississippi were a digestive tract, NO would be in the colon.

:D

I always thought of NO as the sewer of middle america.

I sure wouldn't want to eat an crawdads living in all that sewer sediment.

Back