This Is Why Prisons For Profit Is A Very Bad Idea

Originally Posted by Yurt
my thinking is, police action is protected by certain constitutional rights because they are employed by the state and are the state for all intents and purposes. if we allow a private police force, are we going to hold them to the same constitutional safeguards? i know private actors will be bound the same as state actors if they're job is tradionally a government job, however, if we do that, then what is the difference between a government police force and private? the pay? are we going to have advertisements on police cars like nascar?

sty.............

sorry, didn't realize you were actually waiting for an answer. I assumed it was a rhetorical question. I should clarify that by 'private' police force in a small community, I actually am referring to a volunteer police force made up of its citizens.

What if we split a city into thousands of different police forces depending on the population of the precinct? For instance, every 10k person block has a different police force.

People always care most about their own backyard. Localization is a better idea than globalization.

Balkanization, though considered bad in the minds of the trilateral intelligentsia, is better than globalization.

Back