This should REALLY piss off the Righties

Socrtease

Verified User
MLB pushes back World Series Game 6 by 8 minutes​

NEW YORK (AP)—Major League Baseball has agreed to push back the start time of a potential World Series Game 6 by eight minutes to allow Democrat Barack Obama to purchase a half-hour of air time on the Fox network.

Baseball spokesman Pat Courtney said Thursday that the game time would now be set for 8:35 p.m.

The Obama presidential campaign said Oct. 9 that it had bought the 8-8:30 p.m slot on CBS and NBC.

“Fox will accommodate Senator Obama’s desire to communicate with voters in this long-form format,” network spokesman Lou D’Ermilio said in a statement. “We are pleased that Major League Baseball has agreed to delay the first pitch of World Series Game 6 for a few minutes in order for Fox to carry his program on Oct. 29. If requested, the network would be willing to make similar time available to Senator McCain’s campaign.”

The World Series has not gone to a sixth game since 2003.

The decision was first reported by The Hollywood Reporter.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-worldseries-obama&prov=ap&type=lgns

My question is what the hell Obama is going to talk about for 30 minutes on all of the major networks the week before the election. It's unprecedented.

My question is what the hell Obama is going to talk about for 30 minutes on all of the major networks the week before the election. It's unprecedented.
He has a 25 minute video of Palin doing a pole dance at the local strip club and this thing she does with Ping Pong balls and Banana's

Holy shit! That's amazing! A 30 minute speech by Obama before the world series right before the election? That brilliant.

He has a 25 minute video of Palin doing a pole dance at the local strip club and this thing she does with Ping Pong balls and Banana's

Now that is worth pushing back the start of the World Series. Otherwise a politician pushing the World Series back? Unless its George Washington or Abe Lincoln returning from the dead I don't know about that.

And Soc I can't be mad at Obama for what he's doing. He's raised the money he can spend it how he chooses.

MLB pushes back World Series Game 6 by 8 minutes​

NEW YORK (AP)—Major League Baseball has agreed to push back the start time of a potential World Series Game 6 by eight minutes to allow Democrat Barack Obama to purchase a half-hour of air time on the Fox network.

Baseball spokesman Pat Courtney said Thursday that the game time would now be set for 8:35 p.m.

The Obama presidential campaign said Oct. 9 that it had bought the 8-8:30 p.m slot on CBS and NBC.

“Fox will accommodate Senator Obama’s desire to communicate with voters in this long-form format,” network spokesman Lou D’Ermilio said in a statement. “We are pleased that Major League Baseball has agreed to delay the first pitch of World Series Game 6 for a few minutes in order for Fox to carry his program on Oct. 29. If requested, the network would be willing to make similar time available to Senator McCain’s campaign.”

The World Series has not gone to a sixth game since 2003.

The decision was first reported by The Hollywood Reporter.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-worldseries-obama&prov=ap&type=lgns

Personally, I think most sports fans, like the rest of America, don't give a shit about politics and delaying them watching the game could piss them off. I don't think it was a smart move at all.

Personally, I think most sports fans, like the rest of America, don't give a shit about politics and delaying them watching the game could piss them off. I don't think it was a smart move at all.

I think that's the strongest evidence we have that this was a brilliant move. Dano is wrong almost as often as Dixie.

As a sports fan that's where I'm coming from. I also happen to be a political junkie but sports always takes precedence over politics.

How could a fucking sports game be more important than the next president?

No offense but are you gay or a female? Dude its the World Series. A politicians infomercial, even if he is running for President, does not take precident over the World Series.

Edit: And just to be clear as I said before I'm not mad at Obama for buying TV time. He's got the money more power to him if this is how he wants to spend it.

No offense but are you gay or a female? Dude its the World Series. A politicians infomercial, even if he is running for President, does not take precident over the World Series.

Edit: And just to be clear as I said before I'm not mad at Obama for buying TV time. He's got the money more power to him if this is how he wants to spend it.

Yes. It does. The world series is a stupid dumb fucking game with no meaning of any consequence. The presidential race is much more interesting. I hope they cancel the entire thing.

Leave it to a right winger to call someone gay like its insulting.

Back