Thr Govenator just screwed 200,000 workers

evince

Truthmatters
http://www.couragecampaign.org/page/s/stoparnold

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger just announced that he will sign an Executive Order on Monday slashing the wages of over 200,000 state employees to the bare minimum.

Not California's minimum wage of $8 per hour. The federal minimum wage of $6.55. Six dollars and fifty-five cents an hour.

Imagine trying to pay your bills on $6.55 an hour. Now imagine what will happen to thousands of vital service workers forced to live on poverty-level wages. A nauseating irony: many state employees may need to seek aid from the very state services that employ them.

This is absolutely outrageous. And the only way we can stop Arnold is by raising our voices as loud as possible in protest before 9 a.m. on Monday. Please sign our petition to Governor Schwarzenegger. On Monday morning, we'll deliver thousands of your signatures to the Governor's office:

#1) these people dont live on poverty level. hes just moving there current salaries down temporarily to minimum wage until the they get there shit together and the budget passed
#2) they will then be retroactively paid the gap after the budget passes.

Strange they wouldn't mention that. they make is sound totally different.

http://www.couragecampaign.org/page/s/stoparnold

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger just announced that he will sign an Executive Order on Monday slashing the wages of over 200,000 state employees to the bare minimum.

Not California's minimum wage of $8 per hour. The federal minimum wage of $6.55. Six dollars and fifty-five cents an hour.

Imagine trying to pay your bills on $6.55 an hour. Now imagine what will happen to thousands of vital service workers forced to live on poverty-level wages. A nauseating irony: many state employees may need to seek aid from the very state services that employ them.

This is absolutely outrageous. And the only way we can stop Arnold is by raising our voices as loud as possible in protest before 9 a.m. on Monday. Please sign our petition to Governor Schwarzenegger. On Monday morning, we'll deliver thousands of your signatures to the Governor's office:

STFU you whiny old bitch....

It was fools like you who wanted The Terminator as governor over Gray Davis....

I remember Desh was cheering for Conan the Barbarian to win!

You got mental block now or what?

CK

Uh go get the post you lying fucking piece of shit.

I have NEVER backed Arnie for anything you troll.

#1) these people dont live on poverty level. hes just moving there current salaries down temporarily to minimum wage until the they get there shit together and the budget passed
#2) they will then be retroactively paid the gap after the budget passes.

Strange they wouldn't mention that. they make is sound totally different.

How long will they have to live on poverty wages?

How many will lose their homes?

How many will go deeply in debt?

This is the kind of thing that makes it very hard to keep good employees huh?

Raise the taxes to make the differance up instead of punishing 200,000 people for not paying for the services.

How long will they have to live on poverty wages?

How many will lose their homes?

How many will go deeply in debt?

This is the kind of thing that makes it very hard to keep good employees huh?

Raise the taxes to make the differance up instead of punishing 200,000 people for not paying for the services.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gVKofKbtJ2gCh_9py0AYsipjglpAD9244NV00

The timeframe depends on the state legislature. This is designed to get the two parties to get a budget done quickly.

Your solution to everything is to raise taxes... how the hell is THAT going to help the employees?

i dont have details of what transpired for him to take such desperate actions but I could guess.

i dont have details of what transpired for him to take such desperate actions but I could guess.

Read the AP article I posted....

He is trying to get the idiots in the two parties to get a budget passed. This threat is to get them to see the urgency. If a budget isn't in place by the 1st then the state has to begin taking out loans to cover the short term expenditures.

The Dems of course are proposing over $8 billion in tax increases. The Reps want to cut spending.

Very few, if any, people in California own homes on an $8.00 an hour salary. Desh is just making crap up. So a salary drop to $6.55 an hour is not going to cost anyone their homes.

The reason Arnold proposed this is because the legislature cannot agree on a budget and the state only has cash to pay its bill through August or part of September. So until the legislature does something this is the approach Arnold took to cut costs so the state doesn't run out of cash.

Of course Desh's recommendation is to raise taxes. Go figure.

Very few, if any, people in California own homes on an $8.00 an hour salary. Desh is just making crap up. So a salary drop to $6.55 an hour is not going to cost anyone their homes.

The reason Arnold proposed this is because the legislature cannot agree on a budget and the state only has cash to pay its bill through August or part of September. So until the legislature does something this is the approach Arnold took to cut costs so the state doesn't run out of cash.

Of course Desh's recommendation is to raise taxes. Go figure.

No i totally get that.. I was just playing dumb. I love what he is doing. Bravo. now i wish we had a gutsy enough president in the white house that did the same thing to congress members. Sick of them bickering instead of getting the alt energy bill passed.

Desh.. Ahead of time.. right now in 2008. I predict that we will have an alt energy boom market within the next few years liken it to the late 90's run. Yes Obama will be president, and yes likely there will be a tax increase (or at least the sunset of the bush cut). So in 2015 I dont wanna here you calling it a result of the 2010 omnibus tax increase. Like what we had in 1993.. Its already gonna happen with or without it ;)

Why didn't he pay the legislature minimum wage? Why use the little guy to put the screws to the big shots? It makes no sense. I hope Arnie gets the boot for this. What a fucking cowardly move to use powerless people and their votes to make asshole politians do their job.

Why didn't he pay the legislature minimum wage? Why use the little guy to put the screws to the big shots? It makes no sense. I hope Arnie gets the boot for this. What a fucking cowardly move to use powerless people and their votes to make asshole politians do their job.

Well when the legislature doesn't pass a budget and the state runs out of cash and the "little guy" gets zero money in thier paycheck who will you blame then?

Read the AP article I posted....

He is trying to get the idiots in the two parties to get a budget passed. This threat is to get them to see the urgency. If a budget isn't in place by the 1st then the state has to begin taking out loans to cover the short term expenditures.

The Dems of course are proposing over $8 billion in tax increases. The Reps want to cut spending.

Yes, he's using workers as pwns in his political game. How noble.

Uh go get the post you lying fucking piece of shit.

I have NEVER backed Arnie for anything you troll.

You talk about wanting Republicans to change well Arnie is the ultimate liberal Republican and yet you go out of your way to say that you would never back Arnie on anything???

You have a budget shortfall.

You have services you must provide.

You raise the fucking money to provide the services.

Because that idea involves the word taxes you guys freak the fuck out?

If you have bills and not enough money then you need to make more money or decrease your bills.

If you can not decrease your bills enough then you make more money.

When will you people learn that taxes have to be raised at times.

If you have bills and not enough money then you need to make more money or decrease your bills.

The taxes have been gong up.. as inflation goes up if you have a tax %.. then obviously the amount of tax you collect goes up.

LMAO.... when will YOU learn that raising taxes is not always the best solution. It leads the idiots in politics to believe they can keep spending whatever they like because they can just raise taxes to cover their spending.

Taxes hurt the little people too Desh. Even in situations where you attempt to tax "just the rich" to make up for shortfalls. The little people still can get hurt.

I do not know CA's case in particular, but who wants to be there is a ton of wasteful spending in their current budget?

Back