THREADBAN POLL 2017 (READ THREAD B4 VOTING - BANS POSSIBLE IF YOU DONT READ RULES)

What should JPP do with its threadban feature?

• I am NEUTRAL on this issue. I truly do not care one way or the other.

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • KEEP IT - There may be a few problems with it, but it is overall a positive feature for JPP

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • GET RID OF IT - It may have it have a few benefits, but it's overall a negative feature for JPP

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • KEEP IT - The threadban feature must be kept, it is awesome

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • GET RID OF IT - The threadban feature must go, it is terrible.

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
RESULTS
(For future reference):

The poll formally ended on 7/27/17
Majority clinched a day or two earlier

44 total legitimate votes

24 in favor
11 against

9 neutral
2 dumbasses that can't read the rules.
12 people that did not vote

SUMMARY

* Threadbanning is a feature that allows one to selectively ban people from threads they create.

* If you are semi-new and still don't have a fully formed opinion on the matter, you can read this thread: (https://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?82145-Threadbanning-There-will-be-a-new-poll-soon) which has a decent amount of discussion about it.

* This poll will be open for 7-14 days. I want everyone to have the opportunity to vote. Walls might be spammed O_O

* If the vast majority of people vote rather quickly it may be closed earlier.

* If the vote appears to be an obvious runaway it may be closed earlier.

* Unlike last time, VOTE WILL BE ANONYMOUS, even after votes are in. That way, if you wanna be two-faced and claim you hate threadbanning but secretly you want to support it, you will be allowed to do so. The mod team will not out you.

* We might however provide general stats if people are interested, and in the name of transparency.

RULE TIME

Rule 1 - Only those on the following list are allowed to vote -

DO NOT VOTE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT ON THE BELOW LIST, as you may be banned for an unspecified amount of time:

Amadeus
aloysious
althea
anatta
archives
Bigdog
Bill
blackascoal
Buckly J. Ewer
Cadillac Man
callinectes
Cawacko
Celtic Guy
Capt Billy
CFM
christiefan
Cypress
Damocles
Darth Omar
Domer76
evince
GazzaQueen
Getin the ring
Granule
Grind
I Love America
iolo
Jarod
leaningright
Lovebug
Micawber
Mott the Hoople
Mr.Badguy
Nomad
NOVA
postmodernprophet
Ralph
Rana
Right
Rune
Sailor
signalmankenneth
Smarterthanyou
Stretch
Text Drivers are Killers
TheDonald
Thing1
Threedee
Tom Prendergast
Trump Diva
Truth Detector
TTQ64
tsuke
usfreedom
Watermark
Yaya
ZappasGuitar

If you have multiple accounts, you don't have to vote under the specific account name listed above, but make sure you only vote once. We aren't a DNC precinct.

Rule 2 - DO NOT multi-vote

Multi-voting may lead to a ban of an unspecified length. If you end up voting twice on different names because you are a retard and can't help yourself, let us know before we find out on our own.

Sorry to make a simple vote so unnecessarily grandiose but a lot of you are idiots and really need your hand held.

Last edited:
I know this is a poll for long-termers, and I accept that.

Still, if I may, let me suggest another option: Keep the feature, but - software allowing - drop it in the War Zone. It's ridiculous.

My suggestion:

Keep it if you must, but a) limit the number of posters that can be pre-banned from a given thread and b) if it's a "call-out" thread (about a specific member) disallow banning that member so that they can respond.

My suggestion:

Keep it if you must, but a) limit the number of posters that can be pre-banned from a given thread and b) if it's a "call-out" thread (about a specific member) disallow banning that member so that they can respond.

Sorry this is a poll about keeping it or letting it go. You retards don't get to dictate terms trying to water it down.

My suggestion:

You should probably have brought this idea up in one of Grind's previous discussion threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back