Three deciding factors for voting!

Battleborne

Terminator
Most if not all people vote for a candidate who aligns with their three most important issues...since no one candidate can agree with all of one persons issues...it always boils down to the most important three!

Please list the three most important issues you vote on and the candidate you believe most fits with your agenda!

Starting off with my three most important issues:
(1) Fair Trade not Free trade...return jobs to USworkers
(2) Illegal Immigration...Border Security
(3) War on Terrorism

Candidate of choice...Duncan Hunter

Last edited:
(1) Environmental protections
(2) Economy (must be pragmatic about easing the cost of globalization)
(3) War on Terror (must be against it)

In This Order:

1) Ending the Drug War
2) Ending the War in Iraq and curtailing the broader War on Terror
3) Cutting Spending Equal to the 2003 Tax Cuts, and Making the Tax Cuts Permanent

1) Economy.... we need to have someone in charge that will take charge and work to reduce our debt. That would strengthen the dollar and the economy.

2) Alternate Energy.... need someone who will push hard to reduce our exposure to foreign energy. For national security reasons and for environmental reasons alike. Enough trying to find out who is to blame and more action to solve the problems.

3) Healthcare.... like energy, quit pointing fingers and try to find out the root cause of the ever escalating healthcare costs and then do something to reverse that trend. Don't care to see more of the.... "the government should play a bigger role in healthcare" crap or the feeble attempts to act as though costs would go down due to more government involvement (given that Medicare and Medicaid are already heading for bankruptcy)

As far as a candidate that will best meet my expectations on the above... I have always liked McCain in the past, but over the past few months have soured on that prospect. If I HAD to choose from one of the current crop it would probably be a nose held for Romney. His business background would make him the most viable to do the above in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind seeing a someone like Bloomberg jump in as an Independent.

End the Goat Screw in Iraq

Agree to sign any bill that repeals the
Patriot Act

Revamp the Tax Code

Stays out of Consentual
Adult Relationships

Appoints Justices that believe
the 9th Amendment is as important
as the 2nd.

I guess I am staying home on election day.

Amazing...only

Four people had the Kahunas to express their opinion and selection...albeit I do not agree with you I must say Kudos...for the rest ya are wimps...talk the game but lack the intestinal fortitude to express your real thoughts...shame on you!

1)Foreign policy (as in a complete reversal from our current practices)
2)Protecting (and returning) civil liberties
3)Environmental protection (which often means getting gov't out of the way of the market)

These three are always at the top of my list. Health care is probably next; this is why Ron Paul gets my vote.

1. Ending the war in Iraq

2. Reducing dependence on imported oil.

3. Economy

If you do 1 and 2 you will have a start on 3.

Libertarian Motto...

Vote for anyone who will legalize MJ...return civil liberties...like they have been taken away...lol...not true y'all can do anything as long as you don't violate the laws of the land!

I now understand why I have a problem understanding the Libertarian view...My Step Dad was a John Birch supporter(Akin to libertarians of today)...he was a Retired Naval Commander(Pilot)...We had alot of arguments on his political views...and he was a real jerk...thats why I went Army and my older brother went AF then my younger brother followed me and went Army too!...:D

Last edited:
Vote for anyone who will legalize MJ...return civil liberties...like they have been taken away...lol...not true y'all can do anything as long as you don't violate the laws of the land!

it just so happens that many laws of the land that protect our liberites are not inforced, and laws that ake it away are. But you did not know it is actually a felony to ask one of us for a SSN number--did you?---a answer to your quote above--it got sutck in here.

I now understand why I have a problem understanding the Libertarian view...My Step Dad was a John Birch supporter(Akin to libertarians of today)...he was a Retired Naval Commander(Pilot)...We had alot of arguments on his political views...and he was a real jerk...thats why I went Army and my older brother went AF then my younger brother followed me and went Army too!...:D

I thank you for your service--but today--we are not really fighting for our people often--are we?

my three top issues for electing any elected official.

1st and for most by far. I will elect anybody, no matter what side of the fence they are on, if they chnage the way we have to vote so we don't have to vote for the guy who has to be rich to have a shot of winning. I am convienced that if we can elect sharp epople from the whole population, instead of just the elite few, that most of these issues from war to immergration will solve themselfs--because the peole will it.

2nd--I will vote for the guy who wants to make America the most free market sopciety in the world--with less government that the people can't afford, and making the people able to keep the most money they earn. This would also happen naturally, IMO, if we did not have to elect rich c-suckers that did not care about us as much as themselfs.

3rd---hmmm I will vote for the giuy that actually has a agenda to inforce the constitutional laws that are on the books, instead of making new laws that have a alternative agenda that is not told to us. Laws are made to protect the community--not rape it. I think that will also happen if we did not have to elect rich c-suckers that do not care about us first.

Did you know it was libertairian philosophies that made this country the most prosperous in the world in a short 130 years? Why would anybody want to change that to other philosophies that have not worked in any country as well?--and are some of the philosphies our founding fathers came across the ocean to get away from.

THATS RIGHT!!

Last edited:
Agreed--why vote when they are all on the same team and just trying to decide who will start on Sunday. Screw the elitists.

Here is one for you. Have you ever had to sign a piece of paper for a employeer who wnat you to take a drug test to start working for him, to help his chances of wealth--not yours? Have you ever been asked to do a random drug test for a employeer--just brecause you showed up to work to do your job, to support your family?

Yea--we all now think that is OK. We have been conditioned well. I even heard a employeer say that they suspect everybody working on their manufacturing floor to be intoxicated at work--so they have the right to search them all with a random drug test. Boy, I am glad our police department does not think we are all guilty or suspect with no probably cause, or we would have a more corrupt police force than Mexico.

Now, a hot employeer topic is stoping their employees for getting on line at home and saying anything about the comapny. I can see the need to curb the defamers, beut we are talking about freedom of speach here.

employeers alone, make you sign a piece of paper, that voids you of your right to privacy (searching your body, with no probable cause--next is your home sir), and now of your right to free speach. it is legal, becuae you sign it. But if you did not sign it, you could be unemployed. Do you get the ultimatum here? You must give up yopur constitutional rights to work for us, so we have a chance of getting rich, while your scrapping by to pay the bills. How about treating our employees like free people--that work for you so you can have a chance at wealth?

I don't believe a employeer should have the right to ask a private citizan to give up their constitutional rights---just to work for them. The only way any citizen should lose their constitutional rights is if they are under arrest--of which they become a ward of the state. But having a job with many of these employeers, is like being under arrest--isn't it?

Your an ostriadge with your head in the sand and your butt in the air if you believe we have lost no liberity and constitutional rights---that are suppose to be protected by law.

But a good thread you thought of. Thanks.

Last edited:
Here is one for you. Have you ever had to sign a piece of paper for a employeer who wnat you to take a drug test to start working for him, to help his chances of wealth--not yours? Have you ever been asked to do a random drug test for a employeer--just brecause you showed up to work to do your job, to support your family?

Yea--we all now think that is OK. We have been conditioned well. I even heard a employeer say that they suspect everybody working on their manufacturing floor to be intoxicated at work--so they have the right to search them all with a random drug test. Boy, I am glad our police department does not think we are all guilty or suspect with no probably cause, or we would have a more corrupt police force than Mexico.

Now, a hot employeer topic is stoping their employees for getting on line at home and saying anything about the comapny. I can see the need to curb the defamers, beut we are talking about freedom of speach here.

employeers alone, make you sign a piece of paper, that voids you of your right to privacy (searching your body, with no probable cause--next is your home sir), and now of your right to free speach. it is legal, becuae you sign it. But if you did not sign it, you could be unemployed. Do you get the ultimatum here? You must give up yopur constitutional rights to work for us, so we have a chance of getting rich, while your scrapping by to pay the bills. How about treating our employees like free people--that work for you so you can have a chance at wealth?

I don't believe a employeer should have the right to ask a private citizan to give up their constitutional rights---just to work for them.

Your an ostriadge with your head in the sand and your butt in the air if you believe we have lost no liberity and constitutional rights---that are suppose to be protected by law.

Hire illegals----they dont even know or care what they're signing. You think they will be happy picking veggies forever?

Well....

I don't believe a employeer should have the right to ask a private citizan to give up their constitutional rights---just to work for them. The only way any citizen should lose their constitutional rights is if they are under arrest--of which they become a ward of the state. But having a job with many of these employeers, is like being under arrest--isn't it?

But a good thread you thought of. Thanks.

I was a LE Officer...and I agree in the sense that one should only be subjected to testing if there is 'Probable Cause'...On the employment application it should be noted...subject to drug and alcohol testing if probable cause is shown...ie:acting under the influence or in a accident in a company vehicle!

Back