Time for Hillary to drop out

Onceler

I've seen enough: the math simply doesn't work out for her, any way you slice it. She could win every single contest going forward, handily, & still not pull within 50 delegates. She won't; chances are excellent that Obama will have an even greater lead by summer, if it goes that far.

After yesterday's "huge win", she ended up netting about 10 delegates.

So, Hill & Wolfie & the rest, for the good of the party, and the country, and healthcare, education, stem cell research, the environment, the economy & a swift exit from Iraq, GET OUT. Your only hope lies in Superdelegates overturning the will of the voters, which would be hard to classify as a "hope," since it would ruin you in the general election, and you'll reside in history next to Mondale & Dukakis & Kerry.

Hope she's reading this....

LOL. Yeah right. She's taking this thing the distance. Why would she drop out now? Its still a close race. She'll try to pull a rabbit out of her hat, and she'll fight to the death about Michigan and Florida because she so badly wants to serve her country.

I still think that she has a chance. Don't put anything past these politicians.

Why should Hillary drop out, the market went up a bit today on the news of her wins.

That was for you spinner :clink:

You know, using that calculator Chap provided the other day.... it looks that Obama cannot get to the 2025 without Edwards delegates (assuming the supers vote along with popular vote... if supers break for Obama to respect overall popular support then obviously he can win on his own)

But you are right... the only way Hillary can win is if the supers hand it to her. Even if she were to coax Edwards delegates she would come up short.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/29/delegate.counter/index.html

I've seen enough: the math simply doesn't work out for her, any way you slice it. She could win every single contest going forward, handily, & still not pull within 50 delegates. She won't; chances are excellent that Obama will have an even greater lead by summer, if it goes that far.

So, Hill & Wolfie & the rest, for the good of the party, and the country, and healthcare, education, stem cell research, the environment, the economy & a swift exit from Iraq, GET OUT. Your only hope lies in Superdelegates overturning the will of the voters, which would be hard to classify as a "hope," since it would ruin you in the general election, and you'll reside in history next to Mondale & Dukakis & Kerry.

The math doesn't really work for either, if she sticks and neither gets the necessary delegates she may still be the nominee.

I don't care if he has a 1 vote lead on elected delegates going into the convention. If the Supers give it to Hillary, they will split the party & lose in November.

They have to know that. I just don't buy that they're going to vote against their own interests, and that of the party, just for "the Clintons".

I don't care if he has a 1 vote lead on elected delegates going into the convention. If the Supers give it to Hillary, they will split the party & lose in November.

They have to know that. I just don't buy that they're going to vote against their own interests, and that of the party, just for "the Clintons".
If they "give" it to Obama it will still cause many to create the predicted rift.

This is one interesting election year.

WTF its tied..... she basically has the same count as Obama, if it was me i wouldn't drop out.

WTF its tied..... she basically has the same count as Obama, if it was me i wouldn't drop out.

No, she doesn't. And she can't win unless superdelegates overturn the decision of the elected delegates.

Which means she can't win, period.

It's a self-defeating exercise she's about to engage in, but it's also an Obama-defeating exercise.

No, she doesn't. And she can't win unless superdelegates overturn the decision of the elected delegates.

Which means she can't win, period.

It's a self-defeating exercise she's about to engage in, but it's also an Obama-defeating exercise.

he' cant win either.... its 1436 to 1525, its essentially tied. why should she drop out? would you quit?

he' cant win either.... its 1436 to 1525, its essentially tied. why should she drop out? would you quit?

I'm not talking about reaching 2025. I'm talking about the fact that, when the convention starts, he'll have anywhere from a 70-140 delegate lead on her.

In order for her to emerge from that convention, she will need the superdelegates to over-ride the decision of elected delegates.

She loses a huge portion of the Dem electorate at that point, and can't beat McCain.

It's very simple math.

I'm not talking about reaching 2025. I'm talking about the fact that, when the convention starts, he'll have anywhere from a 70-140 delegate lead on her.

In order for her to emerge from that convention, she will need the superdelegates to over-ride the decision of elected delegates.

She loses a huge portion of the Dem electorate at that point, and can't beat McCain.

It's very simple math.

Lorax seems like one of those people your playing gin rummy with and when you start to win he throws down the cards, pouts, and runs out of the room...

To be that close to arguably the most powerful position on the planet it would be hard to walk away.
Exactly. Especially when there is a strong chance that you would be the nominee even if you were down by 70 delegates when entering the room.

Lorax seems like one of those people your playing gin rummy with and when you start to win he throws down the cards, pouts, and runs out of the room...

You have a problem with rational, realistic arguments?

Is presenting the mathematical facts "pouting & running out of the room?"

Who still plays gin rummy?

You have a problem with rational, realistic arguments?

Is presenting the mathematical facts "pouting & running out of the room?"

Who still plays gin rummy?

lorax im just joking, obviously your the man, but it would be stupid for her to walk away when its essentially tied, and actually her campaign is gaining momentum. I think the media was giving Obama a pass on all the difficult questions and shit.

Rob, I don't think he's as manly as you do but we're close. He is the epitome of the dem wuss and Obama will change that by brushing them aside.

Back