Time for VP speculation....

PostmodernProphet

fully immersed in faith..
Who shall Romney pick as his running mate.....

I lead off the speculation by predicting....Paul Ryan.....good balance to shore up complaints that Romney is too moderate.....places focus of the campaign squarely on economic issues, permits contrast between a president who hasn't been able to come up with a budget for three years and a guy who has......

I lead off the speculation by predicting....Paul Ryan.....good balance to shore up complaints that Romney is too moderate.....places focus of the campaign squarely on economic issues, permits contrast between a president who hasn't been able to come up with a budget for three years and a guy who has......
Paul Ryan would make him very popular with the far right and unelectable nationally. Think realistically if you want to get Romney elected. The nation is not going to elect a wingnut. The pendulum has shifted and is swinging the other way. The nation does not want a far right candidate. I mean think about it. Look what selecting a right wing running mate did for McCain. Romney needs someone who will bring some swing states into play. He'd be better off with Evan Bayh. Ryan would be a sitting duck as he'd be savaged by his opponent for his extremist economic policies that would gut medicare and give healthy tax cuts to the rich at a time when we cannot afford them.

Last edited:
Paul Ryan would make him very popular with the far right and unelectable nationally. Think realistically if you want to get Romney elected. The nation is not going to elect a wingnut. The pendulum has shifted and is swinging the other way. The nation does not want a far right candidate. I mean think about it. Look what selecting a right wing running mate did for McCain. Romney needs someone who will bring some swing states into play. He'd be better off with Evan Bayh. Ryan would be a sitting duck as he'd be savaged by his opponent for his extremist economic policies that would gut medicare and give healthy tax cuts to the rich at a time when we cannot afford them.

Shhhh Mott! Why are you telling everyone this? Ixnay on the Ryanay not electable-ay. Now I really am going to start calling you Mutt! Zip it!

so we should look for a VP that the left wouldn't attack?......I hear Olbermann is looking for work again......

as for Bayh, Indiana isn't really a swing state this time around......Obama will lose all the Rust Belt states........(well, he'll probably keep Illinois).....

Um, the President has come up with budgets each of the past three years. It's relatively easy to come up with a budget. It's hard to get one through Congress, though.

Um, the President has come up with budgets each of the past three years. It's relatively easy to come up with a budget. It's hard to get one through Congress, though.

he can't even get the Democrats in the Senate to put it up for a vote and all the Democrats in the House voted against him......a great leader....

you can't filibuster budgets.....try another excuse.....

I was referring to the "do nothing" comment, not asserting that budgets can be filibustered. There is no need to come with excuses. The parties worked out the spending bills by alternative means. Budgets weren't necessary under the circumstances.

I was referring to the "do nothing" comment, not asserting that budgets can be filibustered. There is no need to come with excuses. The parties worked out the spending bills by alternative means. Budgets weren't necessary under the circumstances.

Polly is parroting the Dem talking points almost verbatim. Such a good little parrot. You deserve two crackers today.

Then by all means, show us the budget proposals put forth by the Dem led Senate.

Well, for FY2012 and 2013, the parties set the spending limits in the Budget Control Act, so top line numbers were already agreed to. The real work is on the appropriations bills. For FY2010 and FY 2011, you can look them up as well as I can.

Well, for FY2012 and 2013, the parties set the spending limits in the Budget Control Act, so top line numbers were already agreed to. The real work is on the appropriations bills. For FY2010 and FY 2011, you can look them up as well as I can.

LMAO... so again... The Dem Led Senate has provided no budget. Thanks.

IF Romney wins the nomination, I think it will be Marco Rubio. However, if Santorum manages to pull off the upset, I think he picks Mitt, ala Reagan/Bush. I think either one is a winning ticket against Obama.

Back