Tired of being quagmired

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
How do you figure?

This chart show that only 1% of our electricity is from oil;

Sources of electricity in the U.S. in 2009[SUP][2][/SUP] fossil fuel generation (mainly coal) was the largest source.

Electric cars are the fastest way to eliminate dependence on foreign oil.

Only if they are viable across the nation.

Basically you are saying our "fastest" solution is one that isn't viable in most of the nation for half of the year. We should ignore a solution that works all of the time, uses energy we have in abundance in the US, because Dune wants to believe that a non-viable technology is the "only" way to go.

The fastest solution would be to convert to LNG/Propane driven vehicles. While we do that we have a viable solution that begins NOW not when electric cars exist that are commercially viable as well as work in weather conditions that exist in most of the states.

Again, I am not against electric cars. I am for a NOW solution while we create these other solutions. It is stupid to ignore viable technologies because you really really want a different solution. We need to be doing this now. Building the infrastructure will even create actual jobs, not just government jobs.

Basically you are saying our "fastest" solution is one that isn't viable in most of the nation for half of the year. We should ignore a solution that works all of the time, uses energy we have in abundance in the US, because Dune wants to believe that a non-viable technology is the "only" way to go.

The fastest solution would be to convert to LNG/Propane driven vehicles. While we do that we have a viable solution that begins NOW not when electric cars exist that are commercially viable as well as work in weather conditions that exist in most of the states.

Again, I am not against electric cars. I am for a NOW solution while we create these other solutions. It is stupid to ignore viable technologies because you really really want a different solution. We need to be doing this now. Building the infrastructure will even create actual jobs, not just government jobs.

You live in an extreme enviroment, not the same as "most" of the population.

I am hardly opposed to any alternate source. I am in favor of all of them.

The infrastructure does not presently exist for mass conversions of gasoline vehicles to natural gas. When you converted your pickup truck, how many filling stations were conveniently located nearby?

Electric cars will work for many, infrastruture exists, and each one is a total step away from imported energy.

We should ignore a solution that works all of the time, uses energy we have in abundance in the US, because Dune wants to believe that a non-viable technology is the "only" way to go.

This is just total B.S.

1. Electric cars are not "non-viable"
2. How much do you really know about compressed natural gas? Do you realize that the energy density of CNG is approximately 1/4 less than that of gasoline?
That the unit price of each is presently comparable, hence the cost to run a CNG propelled vehicle is 25% higher than a gasoline vehicle?
That the demand for natural gas is presently skyrocketing as pressure to utilise this clean fuel is exploding?

The solution to our energy crisis is a mixture of all available technology, there is no one magic bullet.

You live in an extreme enviroment, not the same as "most" of the population.

I am hardly opposed to any alternate source. I am in favor of all of them.

The infrastructure does not presently exist for mass conversions of gasoline vehicles to natural gas. When you converted your pickup truck, how many filling stations were conveniently located nearby?

Electric cars will work for many, infrastruture exists, and each one is a total step away from imported energy.

Most of the nation has a winter with freezing temperatures. It is silly to ignore the problems and the fact that they simply haven't been able to even manufacture enough to make them commercially viable, they are too expensive, on and on...

Better to use technology that exists and works while they work out the kinks, not only that it works right now, not in seventy years when we finally get enough people to buy the electric cars.

I'm not against electric vehicles. I am against ideologues that will not look at current viable solutions because they think if they just "believe" hard enough it is viable now. It isn't. We absolutely need to look at every viable option to get off foreign energy now while we work towards that "green economy" that so many think we need. We can do both, make a difference, and we can do it fast. All of which will actually create those jobs that we need.

Time to stop being ideologues and start being Americans.

Most of the nation has a winter with freezing temperatures. It is silly to ignore the problems and the fact that they simply haven't been able to even manufacture enough to make them commercially viable, they are too expensive, on and on...

Better to use technology that exists and works while they work out the kinks, not only that it works right now, not in seventy years when we finally get enough people to buy the electric cars.

I'm not against electric vehicles. I am against ideologues that will not look at current viable solutions because they think if they just "believe" hard enough it is viable now. It isn't. We absolutely need to look at every viable option to get off foreign energy now while we work towards that "green economy" that so many think we need. We can do both, make a difference, and we can do it fast. All of which will actually create those jobs that we need.

Time to stop being ideologues and start being Americans.

I like the last line.

I like the last line.

Too bad the GOP Tea-rorists in Congress don't.

Or is their do-nothing obstructionism not really ideological?

Maybe the Republicans in Congress are simply fulfilling their obligations to their corporate masters.

Too bad the GOP Tea-rorists in Congress don't.

Or is their do-nothing obstructionism not really ideological?

Maybe the Republicans in Congress are simply fulfilling their obligations to their corporate masters.

It's like you ignore reality to simply attack like an idiot ideologue. You are one of the useful idiots, a true ideologue willing to say or do anything to protect the Democrats.

The democrats owned both houses of congress and the WH for two years with Obama in office and all they did was pass nonsense and give money to "green" companies doomed to failure and all you have for us is it is the republicans in Congress? Are you deliberately retarded or did somebody hurt you as a child?

It's like you ignore reality to simply attack like an idiot ideologue. You are one of the useful idiots, a true ideologue willing to say or do anything to protect the Democrats.

Ironic, since I'm not defending Democrats....but you think that attacking my accurate statement somehow validates you?

Ironic, since I'm not defending Democrats....but you think that attacking my accurate statement somehow validates you?

um.. Yes, you are defending the democrats. The attempt to distract and blame "others" is a defense.

Your statement is inaccurate in that it distracts from the issue and attempts to blame people who do not have control over nearly as much of the government as the ones you try to defend. It repeats oversimplified talking points and ignores the near absolute control over the legislative and executive that the democrats held for 730 days of the Obama Administration.

Again, useful idiots tend to repeat the talking points, distract and blame. It is what you are doing here... The democrats have offered no useful solution, and only the ideologues and useful idiots try to blame republicans for that.

And before you try to say, 'um... you too!' please re-read the posts in this thread, you will find I have no more love for the stupid policies of the republicans than I do for the stupid policies of the democrats.

um.. Yes, you are defending the democrats. The attempt to distract and blame "others" is a defense. Your statement is inaccurate in that it oversimplifies and blames people who do not have control over nearly as much of the government as the ones you try to defend. Again, useful idiots tend to repeat the talking points, distract and blame. It is what you are doing here... The democrats have offered no useful solution, and only the ideologues and useful idiots try to blame republicans for that. And before you try to say, 'um... you too!' please re-read the posts in this thread, you will find I have no more love for the stupid policies of the republicans than I do for the stupid policies of the democrats.

You are mistaken.

My post was a comment on Ranas response to the last line of your preceding post.

...Time to stop being ideologues and start being Americans.

I like the last line.

Are you claiming the Republicans in Congress have done much except oppose, obstruct and stonewall?

You are mistaken.

My post was a comment on Ranas response to the last line of your preceding post.

Are you claiming the Republicans in Congress have done much except oppose, obstruct and stonewall?

What was the last line of my post that she spoke about?

Ideologue much?

What was the last line of my post that she spoke about? Ideologue much?

Pain medication affecting your vision? I quoted it in post 33.

Yeah, are you?

Back