To all you douchebags who call us Patriots "neocons"

Why don't you ask topspin the question he brought it up first? And I'm barely qualified to walk across the street but if you've watched a few protest training videos it's not to difficult to spot certain behavior.

You ever been out walking and roll an ankle?

It hurts like hell, and you don't hop around or stumble or even stop and try and walk it off. Most times you just DROP like a stone. Like you're a puppet and someone cut your strings.

Now imagine that happening in a crowd...feet are everywhere and you're not looking where you're walking and bingo...next thing you know you've rolled an ankle and you're on the ground.

He stepped on her shoulder and head. There was no need for it. She was on the ground and wasn't going anywhere.
I agree she wasn't going anywhere, as she was practicing the "dead weight" method of protesting. But I watched it a second time, the guy placed his foot on her shoulder then pressed down and her shoulder rotated forward so that his foot moved towards her head. It didn't look like he even made contact with her head but if he did, it was very light pressure and through two layers of her red sweatshirt.

It hurts like hell, and you don't hop around or stumble or even stop and try and walk it off. Most times you just DROP like a stone. Like you're a puppet and someone cut your strings.

Now imagine that happening in a crowd...feet are everywhere and you're not looking where you're walking and bingo...next thing you know you've rolled an ankle and you're on the ground.

Unfortunately I've rolled my ankles, torn ligaments in them and fractured one once. It sucks. I also know that when I did I yell out loud (mostly because I'm a b*tch) because it hurts. It's pretty clear the lady got tackled/taken down though.

She fell forward and it is not clear but the yellow line painted on the pavement perpendicular to her path usually indicates a curb. So it appears that she tripped on the curb, not rolled an ankle.

If you weren't obese your ankles wouldn't have a problem supporting your weight. This woman does not appear to be fat so you can't expect her ankles to behave like yours do.

I agree she wasn't going anywhere, as she was practicing the "dead weight" method of protesting. But I watched it a second time, the guy placed his foot on her shoulder then pressed down and her shoulder rotated forward so that his foot moved towards her head. It didn't look like he even made contact with her head but if he did, it was very light pressure and through two layers of her red sweatshirt.

There was zero reason to put his foot on her. None. I've had a cop bury my face into concrete for no reason claiming he was doing his job. F*ck that. The lady was on the ground and was going to be arrested. The guy in the video who was standing next to him told him to stop it to.

I really was trying so hard not to comment on this story. Though I have to say, it's a huge story today and yet I wasn't surprised not to find it posted on this male-centric, site.

I don't know how anyone can view that and not see that she was dragged and pushed to the ground, perhaps even thrown to the ground. In my view I thought she was thrown there. And positioning her that way, for a curb stomping, is very chilling.

This is just a bunch of men on this board, minimizing violence against a woman. It is sickening. Cawacko, you surprise me. The rest do not. Perhaps you have never been a woman thrown to the ground by a large man. That part is bad enough. What happened afterwards should mandate prison sentences, and may.

Now, it is breaking news that the guy who stomped on her, who thought something entitled him to commit an act of violence against a woman who was already pinned to the ground (and who told the other two men they had the right to do that even?), works for the Paul campaign.

But the sausage fest that is the Rand fans will continue, and they will continue to deny that Rand Paul is a creepy sob, with huge problems regarding women. Though, women aren't his only problem. And just by the way? Connelly is correct. It's never okay to have tied up a woman and put her in your trunk. Even though it happened in college. Only because he tied up a woman and put her in a trunk is that dismissed as a youthful indiscretion, instead of the alarm it is. If he had tied up a black male, or a child, and put them in his trunk in college, it would have disqualified him from running. But it was only a woman.

In most states, the fact that the thug who stomped on this woman, and HAD TO BE STOPPED FROM STOMPING ON HER AGAIN, works for him, would end this race today. But this is Kentucky. And I hear woman-beating is practically the state past time in those parts.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...former-bourbon-county-coordinator.php?ref=fpa

Now I'm putting this thread on ignore. I don't have to read this kind of violence-apologist shit.

But if it were your mother?

Shame. Shame.

I really was trying so hard not to comment on this story. Though I have to say, it's a huge story today and yet I wasn't surprised not to find it posted on this male-centric, site.

I don't know how anyone can view that and not see that she was dragged and pushed to the ground, perhaps even thrown to the ground. In my view I thought she was thrown there. And positioning her that way, for a curb stomping, is very chilling.

This is just a bunch of men on this board, minimizing violence against a woman. It is sickening. Cawacko, you surprise me. The rest do not. Perhaps you have never been a woman thrown to the ground by a large man. That part is bad enough. What happened afterwards should mandate prison sentences, and may.

Now, it is breaking news that the guy who stomped on her, who thought something entitled him to commit an act of violence against a woman who was already pinned to the ground (and who told the other two men they had the right to do that even?), works for the Paul campaign.

But the sausage fest that is the Rand fans will continue, and they will continue to deny that Rand Paul is a creepy sob, with huge problems regarding women. Though, women aren't his only problem. And just by the way? Connelly is correct. It's never okay to have tied up a woman and put her in your trunk. Even though it happened in college. Only because he tied up a woman and put her in a trunk is that dismissed as a youthful indiscretion, instead of the alarm it is. If he had tied up a black male, or a child, and put them in his trunk in college, it would have disqualified him from running. But it was only a woman.

In most states, the fact that the thug who stomped on this woman, and HAD TO BE STOPPED FROM STOMPING ON HER AGAIN, works for him, would end this race today. But this is Kentucky. And I hear woman-beating is practically the state past time in those parts.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...former-bourbon-county-coordinator.php?ref=fpa

Now I'm putting this thread on ignore. I don't have to read this kind of violence-apologist shit.

But if it were your mother?

Shame. Shame.

Lookie here, Darla at her best:
1. Misrepresent the facts;
2. Play the victim;
3. Claim moral high ground where none is warranted;
4. Man-hating diatribe;
5. Argue from emotion;
6. Unable to defend her position, she states that she will ignore rebuttal.
:)

What's this? Ready finally to acknowledge that this is a site for Political discussion?

Isn't it amazing what being banned for a week does to a partisan hack like DY?

Anyone want to speculate whether or not he dknocks off the fat jokes from here on out? After all, it IS a site for POLITICAL DISCUSSION, and not a site to attack the messenger.

Myself?

I don't believe he can even make it through the day without resorting to the same tired put downs.

So is it that you're tired of the putdowns directed at you, or tired of the put downs you direct at others as well?

Let's see how quickly you march in step to your own admonitions and when you take that higher road, just whistle, k? We promise to take notice.

We're not hearing anything yet, so stick it fatso!

Of course you don't. Because you're just another robotic, kool-aid drinking, automaton, too spineless to confront facts and information contrary to your preconceptions.

Like this about your Glorious Rand Paul and his supporters...they are starting to make even the NAZIS look good!

PAUL SUPPORTER STOMPS ON PROTESTERS HEAD:

An ugly scene took place outside the Kentucky Senatorial debate Monday night as what appeared to be a supporter of Republican candidate Rand Paul was captured by a local news affiliate literally stomping the head of a member of the progressive-activist organization MoveOn.org.

The MoveOn volunteer, Lauren Valle, went to the hospital after explaining what had happened to local press. As of 11:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time she remained there, according to another MoveOn official. According to a local Fox station, Valle had attempted to approach Paul before the debate took place, dressed in a blonde wig and with a "RepublicanCorp" sign mocking him as a stooge of special interests.

Attendees around Valle are heard screaming, "get the cops" as cameras captured her being dragged to the pavement by her red sweater. Once on the ground a man wearing white sneakers pushed the sole of his shoe down on her head.

The whole story here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/25/rand-paul-supporter-stomps-head_n_773857.html

tell me....what exactly did rand do to make him and all his followers look like nazis?

LOL! Watching it again she does look like she was hit with a stun gun. They must teach that kind of acting in Protest 101.

Still that guy never should have stepped on her head. However you are right in the sense if you are a protestor and run after a candidate you don't know what could happen to you.
So political discourse in America has devolved to getting physically accosted if you pursue a candidate to mock him? Or question his motivation, or past events in his life? Is this really what a person has to look forward to? If so then I am going to go pursue some candidates and pray that some thug like that steps up to assault me. I am CCW now and will hurt that sort of person.

What's this? Ready finally to acknowledge that this is a site for Political discussion?

Isn't it amazing what being banned for a week does to a partisan hack like DY?

Anyone want to speculate whether or not he dknocks off the fat jokes from here on out? After all, it IS a site for POLITICAL DISCUSSION, and not a site to attack the messenger.

Myself?

I don't believe he can even make it through the day without resorting to the same tired put downs.

funny from the guy who insults people's children and just left me an extremelyh angry message insulting me personally...but hey...its not a site to attack the messenger

:palm:

So political discourse in America has devolved to getting physically accosted if you pursue a candidate to mock him? Or question his motivation, or past events in his life? Is this really what a person has to look forward to? If so then I am going to go pursue some candidates and pray that some thug like that steps up to assault me. I am CCW now and will hurt that sort of person.

the assault and battery (alleged) does not look justified at all....i foresee criminal and civil charges coming...

Interesting now that the right on this board are trying to minimize what was done here. She has a right to protest without being assaulted. But when anyone does it to a right wing candidate like Rand or the mouthbreather in Alaska it is ok, and they should know better than trying to question a candidate about something or make a point about the candidates point of view. If I did to your wife what that guy did to this woman would you tell your wife that my foot on her head was very light pressure?

I couldn't care less if you go mock a politician and in fact I'm all for it. I'm saying these guys have crazy security and thus who knows what would happen if you run after someone.

are you defending their actions? because she should never have been touched...i have no doubt there is security there should she have been considered a real threat...from what i saw of the video, she was not a threat that justifies physical force

I couldn't care less if you go mock a politician and in fact I'm all for it. I'm saying these guys have crazy security and thus who knows what would happen if you run after someone.
Exactly! Rand Paul hired people to do this if he was "accosted". The people close to him would rather resort to violence then think that maybe their ideas trumped hers in the marketplace of ideas. Very American of them. Very patriotic.

Back