Tom Daschle - plan for a block of supers to vote in lock step with primary results

Chapdog

Abreast of the situations
think it was daily show. Daschle was saying that hes been in talks with other supers and said something to effect of we should expect a huge chunk of the supers to vote based on the primary results. seemed like he was hinting towards obama.

I read an article yesterday by I think it was Fineman. He said he talked to most of the super delegates and they for the most part said they would never vote against the publics choice because it would be the death of the party.

I read an article yesterday by I think it was Fineman. He said he talked to most of the super delegates and they for the most part said they would never vote against the publics choice because it would be the death of the party.

It sure would. I'd never vote for them again if they went against my votes.

The party does vaule its self over Hillary.
I think many of her supporters are as dedicated to her as others are dedicated to Obama and it doesn't matter if it comes down to Superdelegates, somebody will feel "cheated" and it can, probably will, create a rift even if they do "vote the way the electorate goes".

I can see people in Ohio getting hacked that their SDs voted for Obama when HillBillary won so resoundingly there, for instance.

she likely won Ohio because of the Canadian story which turned out to be from the Clinton Camp and not from the Obama camp. They may be kinda pissed at her.

I think many of her supporters are as dedicated to her as others are dedicated to Obama and it doesn't matter if it comes down to Superdelegates, somebody will feel "cheated" and it can, probably will, create a rift even if they do "vote the way the electorate goes".

I can see people in Ohio getting hacked that their SDs voted for Obama when HillBillary won so resoundingly there, for instance.

You're grasping. You're wrong on this.

The argument that the Superdelegates should over-turn the regular vote is thin at best. Daschle is right. It's a myth, and always has been, that somehow the Supers favor Hillary because she's an "insider" and knows many of them.

They favor survival, and on that count, they'll follow the elected delegates.

You're grasping. You're wrong on this.

The argument that the Superdelegates should over-turn the regular vote is thin at best. Daschle is right. It's a myth, and always has been, that somehow the Supers favor Hillary because she's an "insider" and knows many of them.

They favor survival, and on that count, they'll follow the elected delegates.
I agree that they will, I just believe that it isn't as cut and dried as you want it to be and that if the election is that close right up to the end it likely will create a rift regardless of how they vote.

I'm not "grasping" at all. It isn't like I want either of them to be President.

im not convinced that hillary clinton hasn't/wont lie/cheat/steal/bribe/blackmail as many super delegates as possible to swing her way

I don't argue that there will be a rift. Hillary & Obama supporters hate each other right now, and that's likely to only get worse.

I just don't think that it will intensify anything if superdelegates choose not to over-turn the regular vote. If Hillary supporters are gonna hate Obama, it's not like that will "put them over the top."

What's their beef on that....we want party insiders deciding the nominee going forward?

this sounds like straight up denial. i think i feel bad for you.

Don't feel bad for me. You're the most miserable, bitter person here.

You don't think Daschle is telling the truth? You don't think Superdelegates understand what they'll do to the party if they go for the Clintons in the end?

It won't happen. Sorry to disappoint you.

I don't argue that there will be a rift. Hillary & Obama supporters hate each other right now, and that's likely to only get worse.

I just don't think that it will intensify anything if superdelegates choose not to over-turn the regular vote. If Hillary supporters are gonna hate Obama, it's not like that will "put them over the top."

What's their beef on that....we want party insiders deciding the nominee going forward?
So, you say I am "grasping" for pointing out something you agree on?

What a shock.... :rolleyes:

My point is that the Superdelegate vote isn't as direct either. While your scenario may create the least rift, it is very likely the longer this goes on to create a larger one than you want regardless of how the Superdelegates will vote.

However, again. IF they are going to vote as their electorate did, Superdelegates from some places would vote for Hillary.

"So, you say I am "grasping" for pointing out something you agree on?"

No, we absolultely do not agree on the fact that a rift would be "caused" by the Superdelegates NOT over-turning the elected delegate vote. That was your contention. Don't be so dishonest about it.

"So, you say I am "grasping" for pointing out something you agree on?"

No, we absolultely do not agree on the fact that a rift would be "caused" by the Superdelegates NOT over-turning the elected delegate vote. That was your contention. Don't be so dishonest about it.
That was not my contention. That is, in fact, a silly strawman. You are purposefully misreading my remarks. Another shocker... :rolleyes:

The Hillary camp would quickly some over to the Obama side once she was out of the running. The opposite is much less likely.

The Hillary camp would quickly some over to the Obama side once she was out of the running. The opposite is much less likely.
Again, I don't believe it is as cut and dried as that. There are many who are still hacked about the apparent misogyny that has been displayed.

Don't feel bad for me. You're the most miserable, bitter person here.

You don't think Daschle is telling the truth? You don't think Superdelegates understand what they'll do to the party if they go for the Clintons in the end?

It won't happen. Sorry to disappoint you.

I don't know what to think, but what I CAN say is you sound very desperate and in straight up denial. I can just imagine you in a room, rocking back and forth:

"ooooh it'll be ok... one democrat just said that a lot of supers will vote for obama, now I feel good, because I never thought that some supers would block vote for obama before, i thought 100% would vote for either side...obama will win, yes we can.... it's going to be ok.."

Who knows what he defines as a "block"

This race is and will always be CLOSE. There will be JUST as many pissed off people if the supers swing to obama than if they swung to hillary.

But I'm sure hillary clinton doesn't know anything that any of us know, I'm sure she's just spending money and staying in the race for shits and giggles.

Oh, F off. I'm the only one who has been realistic about this. I have stated that it's killing the Dems, and will likely kill Obama, even though he'll emerge the victor. I have no illusions about where this is headed.

I just think the idea that the Supers would do anything but ratify the will of the voters & elected delegates is conservative fantasy. Hillary is ruthless & will do and say anything to win, but she's alone on that when it comes to the Supers. There is no "deal" she could make with enough of them that would be attractive enough to make them feel okay about destroying the modern Democratic Party.

Back