Tom Daschle - plan for a block of supers to vote in lock step with primary results

it wont destroy the democratic party, you are just being overly sensationalist. 4 years of mccain or something and you guys will be right back where you were this time around saying "ok this time we realllly have to stick together and just get a democrat in, for serious this time"

Oh, F off. I'm the only one who has been realistic about this. I have stated that it's killing the Dems, and will likely kill Obama, even though he'll emerge the victor. I have no illusions about where this is headed.

I just think the idea that the Supers would do anything but ratify the will of the voters & elected delegates is conservative fantasy. Hillary is ruthless & will do and say anything to win, but she's alone on that when it comes to the Supers. There is no "deal" she could make with enough of them that would be attractive enough to make them feel okay about destroying the modern Democratic Party.
What part of "I agree with you that the SDs will vote that way" but think that "this" could happen regardless means that I was unrealistic?

You can say "F off" as much as you want, but you are being disingenuous and deliberately misreading my statements. It's a CK move and beneath you.

What part of "I agree with you that the SDs will vote that way" but think that "this" could happen regardless means that I was unrealistic?

You can say "F off" as much as you want, but you are being disingenuous and deliberately misreading my statements. It's a CK move and beneath you.

he was responding to me

You really don't know what hearsay means, do you?

If he says that somebody else says something it is hearsay. Now, as for the memo, it is real as well as hearsay.

Just days ago, a government memo said a top Barack Obama adviser told Canadian officials the Illinois senator's own NAFTA comments were for "political positioning."

Some Democrats, as well as Canadian opposition parties, accuse Harper's Conservative government of meddling in the U.S. primary elections.

From your article.

oncey said:
I just think the idea that the Supers would do anything but ratify the will of the voters & elected delegates is conservative fantasy.

The dems will have no claim on being the party of the people any longer if this happens. Soon the two parties will unify into the american internationalist fascist party and if your views are outside that you will be considered an enemy of the state. We're watching it happen in slow motion.

Basically it shows to me that they are both playing "politics as usual" which should be unusual for the "candidate of change".

The dems will have no claim on being the party of the people any longer if this happens. Soon the two parties will unify into the american internationalist fascist party and if your views are outside that you will be considered an enemy of the state. We're watching it happen in slow motion.

you beat me to it, i was just about to say that

You're grasping. You're wrong on this.

The argument that the Superdelegates should over-turn the regular vote is thin at best. Daschle is right. It's a myth, and always has been, that somehow the Supers favor Hillary because she's an "insider" and knows many of them.

They favor survival, and on that count, they'll follow the elected delegates.

I have a hypo for you....

Hillary gains momentum, swings within 50 delegates, MI and FL redo their primaries and she picks up another 30 between the two. Supers vote according to pop vote but both Clinton and Obama remain under 2025.

Do you think Edwards 26 go to Obama or Clinton?

You're grasping. You're wrong on this.

The argument that the Superdelegates should over-turn the regular vote is thin at best. Daschle is right. It's a myth, and always has been, that somehow the Supers favor Hillary because she's an "insider" and knows many of them.

They favor survival, and on that count, they'll follow the elected delegates.

If that is the case... then why even have the supers?

I have a hypo for you....

Hillary gains momentum, swings within 50 delegates, MI and FL redo their primaries and she picks up another 30 between the two. Supers vote according to pop vote but both Clinton and Obama remain under 2025.

Do you think Edwards 26 go to Obama or Clinton?

In that instance, it's plausible that she might be able to do something to get those 26.

This is an exceedingly unlikely scenario, though, unless Obama implodes. I have seen some projections that aren't overly optimistic that have him with even more of a delegate lead than he has now when they reach the convention; and that's with Hillary taking PA by a decent margin.

AHZ said:

you beat me to it, i was just about to say that

That puts you in the AHZ Certified Genius Club. Your t-shirt and mug are in the mail.

Last edited:
Back