Tracing the origins of the Serpent Cult

Thanks, but isn't like there is anything you can do about it. Storms happen. These storms are the reason I had every tree that could possibly fall on my house either topped or removed before I even moved in. My neighbors who just moved here from another state were freaking out once their cell phones went into emergency alert mode with a tornado. Told them there was no need to worry because the ridge lines push tornadoes off to the west of us and sure enough that is what happened.

Saved by geography, how cool is that? Thankfully twisters aren't a thing much up here in the Frozen North. We sure had plenty of them when we lived in STL though.

That's awesome! I didn't know you are an artist! What media do you use, what's your subject matter? Were you at a gallery or art show? Can you post a pic of one of your works?

I work in Acrylics and Ink.. I paint light houses, sea scapes, elephants, cottages, jazz muscians and naked women. I am still not sure my work is good.

It was a show... We will be having another at the YMCA here to raise money for kid's lunches.

I painted as a student and hadn't done anything in decades.. I consider myself an amateur.

I work in Acrylics and Ink.. I paint light houses, sea scapes, elephants, cottages, jazz muscians and naked women. I am still not sure my work is good.
It was a show... We will be having another at the YMCA here to raise money for kid's lunches.
I painted as a student and hadn't done anything in decades.. I consider myself an amateur.

Would love to see some of your work! Maybe via PM if you're shy. ;~)

Saved by geography, how cool is that? Thankfully twisters aren't a thing much up here in the Frozen North. We sure had plenty of them when we lived in STL though.

It is comforting since that is the prevailing weather pattern. When a storm comes in from the east or north I freak out because those only happen when it is particularly violent and nasty and because there is no ridge line to protect us from them LOL. Usually only happens when hurricanes or their remnants are pushing inland from a Mid Atlantic landfall.

Love learning about this stuff. I still haven't picked my minor yet; was leaning towards biology since I have a slew of credits already in that discipline. But more and more anthropology is beckoning.

One of my favorite classes was anthropology which was taught by a world wide famous instructor. He retired shortly after that semester was completed so I count myself lucky I was able to experience his story telling of his adventures.

My two cents: Is there anything more rewarding than the adventure and pursuit of knowledge? Keep up the good work!

If any high school kid ever wants my opinion, it is to do what you like, study what interests you, pursue your dreams, and don't worry about the job market.

If there really is a thing like reincarnation, I already have my next six professional careers mapped out: historian, oceanographer, philosopher, astronomer, archeologist, and art historian.

I have been a reincarnationist for over 50 years and I have also picked what I want to do next. Either an astronaut (I would love to go into space or another planet in this life too), or a forensic archaeologist...reconstructing the faces based on the skeleton of people from antiquity just fascinates me. What cool jobs they would be. This is pretty much a rest life for me this time around. I haven't really done anything, or gone anywhere or even really lived life yet (I am 65). The average teenager has lived more life than I have. But, next round...boy, do I plan to LIVE LIFE!

I have been a reincarnationist for over 50 years and I have also picked what I want to do next. Either an astronaut (I would love to go into space or another planet in this life too), or a forensic archaeologist...reconstructing the faces based on the skeleton of people from antiquity just fascinates me. What cool jobs they would be. This is pretty much a rest life for me this time around. I haven't really done anything, or gone anywhere or even really lived life yet (I am 65). The average teenager has lived more life than I have. But, next round...boy, do I plan to LIVE LIFE!

I knew at 8 years old,I had been in the German Air Force in WW1.
Already have my wife picked out for next time.Lord willing.

One of my favorite classes was anthropology which was taught by a world wide famous instructor. He retired shortly after that semester was completed so I count myself lucky I was able to experience his story telling of his adventures.

How cool. What did you like about the subject?

How cool. What did you like about the subject?

As an atheist I was interested in creation stories from various cultures and tribes. The gods they created and believed in were similar across the board no matter how primitive they may have been. It merely enforced the presumption that we, as humans, need something to cling to and give credit/blame in order to find purpose/reasons for everything.

It was fascinating.

As an atheist I was interested in creation stories from various cultures and tribes. The gods they created and believed in were similar across the board no matter how primitive they may have been. It merely enforced the presumption that we, as humans, need something to cling to and give credit/blame in order to find purpose/reasons for everything.
It was fascinating.

That fascinates me as well.

Back