Tracking Poll, Rasmussen

Old news.

Today's is 49-47 McCain.

Obama is surging.

nothing to sneeze at though. the fact that Obama lost so much ground actually makes me worry. I mean, the woman is clearly not qualified......McCain hasn't displayed any good judgement on foreign policy affairs in decades.....but I guess its okay... Palin's 17 y/o daughter decided to keep the baby..

nothing to sneeze at though. the fact that Obama lost so much ground actually makes me worry. I mean, the woman is clearly not qualified......McCain hasn't displayed any good judgement on foreign policy affairs in decades.....but I guess its okay... Palin's 17 y/o daughter decided to keep the baby..

Obama is still seen as a risky, unknown quantity by many.

Even when he gets a lead in the polls, I always get a feeling that there is a fair-sized group of undecideds just looking for an excuse not to vote for him.

1) Palin is every bit as qualified as Obama. \

2) As for judgement... how is Obamas??? Attempting to delay troop withdrawals for his own political gain?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0915200...o_stall_gis_iraq_withdrawal_129150.htm?page=0

3) McCain was correct on the sustained surge. Obama was flat out wrong.

Obama is still seen as a risky, unknown quantity by many.

Even when he gets a lead in the polls, I always get a feeling that there is a fair-sized group of undecideds just looking for an excuse not to vote for him.

Couldn't have anything to do with his complete lack of experience... something the left continues to ironically point out in the Rep VP selection...

Couldn't have anything to do with his complete lack of experience... something the left continues to ironically point out in the Rep VP selection...

I honestly don't think experience is as big an issue as either lefties or righties are making out. As a country, we have elected some fairly inexperience people in the past.

I actually think my statement has more to do w/ the fact that some people don't trust Obama because of the "association" thing, and a lot of the propoganda about him being a real radical. By that measure, they feel like they at least know what they're going to get w/ McCain. Americans have an incredible capacity of going w/ crap just because they're familiar w/ that particualar crap.

I honestly don't think experience is as big an issue as either lefties or righties are making out. As a country, we have elected some fairly inexperience people in the past.

I actually think my statement has more to do w/ the fact that some people don't trust Obama because of the "association" thing, and a lot of the propoganda about him being a real radical. By that measure, they feel like they at least know what they're going to get w/ McCain. Americans have an incredible capacity of going w/ crap just because they're familiar w/ that particualar crap.
When speaking of "unknown quantity" then it isn't necessarily experience, but record. To many it appears as if Obama deliberately avoids a record on many of the things they find important. It makes them wary of him.

McCain has also avoided several controversial votes. Strange for a maverick.
He has a solid record that people can follow, rather than a couple years of missing votes and "present" on controversial issues. People become uncomfortable with others who want a vote but won't show their cards.

You may not like that it is that way, but it is a real issue for many voters. If Obama had a clearer record on many of the votes he avoided, as McCain does, it wouldn't be so much of an issue for him.

He has a solid record that people can follow, rather than a couple years of missing votes and "present" on controversial issues. People become uncomfortable with others who want a vote but won't show their cards.

shoot around it if you want. Yes he has a solid record of voting party line most of the time and avoiding ones that he does not want to oppose his party on.

You may not like that it is that way, but it is a real issue for many voters. If Obama had a clearer record on many of the votes he avoided, as McCain does, it wouldn't be so much of an issue for him.

May be true of some, but you're giving a lot of voters too much credit on this.

For them, it's "associations" and "he doesn't share our values." The McCain camp gets this, and are playing off of it...

May be true of some, but you're giving a lot of voters too much credit on this.

For them, it's "associations" and "he doesn't share our values." The McCain camp gets this, and are playing off of it...
Yeah, that's another cog in that wheel. They would be saying this about Edwards, et al.

1) Palin is every bit as qualified as Obama. \

2) As for judgement... how is Obamas??? Attempting to delay troop withdrawals for his own political gain?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0915200...o_stall_gis_iraq_withdrawal_129150.htm?page=0

3) McCain was correct on the sustained surge. Obama was flat out wrong.

LOL

is this the latest smearfest tactic? a nypost smear fest.

How about something a little less partisan huh?

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/06/16/1146329.aspx

He said he told Zebari that negotiations for a Status of Forces agreement or strategic framework agreement between the two countries should be done in the open and with Congress's authorization and that it was important that that there be strong bipartisan support for any agreement so that it can be sustained through a future administration. He argued it would make sense to hold off on such negotiations until the next administration.

"My concern is that the Bush administration--in a weakened state politically--ends up trying to rush an agreement that in some ways might be binding to the next administration, whether it was my administration or Sen. McCain's administration," Obama said. "The foreign minister agreed that the next administration should not be bound by an agreement that's currently made."

LOL

is this the latest smearfest tactic? a nypost smear fest.

How about something a little less partisan huh?

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/06/16/1146329.aspx

He said he told Zebari that negotiations for a Status of Forces agreement or strategic framework agreement between the two countries should be done in the open and with Congress's authorization and that it was important that that there be strong bipartisan support for any agreement so that it can be sustained through a future administration. He argued it would make sense to hold off on such negotiations until the next administration.

"My concern is that the Bush administration--in a weakened state politically--ends up trying to rush an agreement that in some ways might be binding to the next administration, whether it was my administration or Sen. McCain's administration," Obama said. "The foreign minister agreed that the next administration should not be bound by an agreement that's currently made."

ROFLMAO.... so the wording was different... but essentially OBAMA DID ask to hold off negotiations for at least 6 months... good to see he is so concerned with getting our troops out as fast as possible.

Back