Trouble in China Is Good News for American Toy Manufacturers

They are soon releasing an electric car for public use. You'll be able to buy one, if you can look past the whole slave labor thing and convince yourself it is moral to purchase such an item.

yes if congress would just pass the country of origon law so we could know where something we are buying comes from.
I think most items are labelled except for food. I think only seafood is the only food that is required to be labelled now.
I think they should be made to label the country of origin when you buy things off the internet too, but instead we get a ''Country of Origin: Imported....and don't get what country's name it is? What's with that....as if I don't know it is a good odds that it is China, but still I think they should state such....

Then when one itty bitty part of it is made in the USA it states ''Made in the USA and put together or sewn or manufactured... in Other Countries''....not much is ALL usa made anymore either....

This should swing towards more usa product with the higher fuel costs though, it may become cost prohibited, even with the cheaper labor to ship the goods from china to here with rising fuel costs?

We will see...

China's workers are making more each year. Soon they will surpass us in cars on the road.

Ahhhh, yes! Isn't China Wonderful!

The Chinese will own more cars, THANKS TO US buying THEIR GOODS, but i read there is a 28% tarrif in China on USA made cars that are imported to them...

so that GREAT and wonderful BOOM for cars in China WON'T DO SHITOLA for us....for our auto industry... ty tyvm!

China's wealth will grow soundly based on trade with us, and will will in turn export more to them. May not be as simple as fords, maybe they buy Iphone, jeans, blackberry's etc.

China's wealth will grow soundly based on trade with us, and will will in turn export more to them. May not be as simple as fords, maybe they buy Iphone, jeans, blackberry's etc.

I phones, jeans and Blackberrys are MADE IN CHINA already tops, why would they buy them from us? ;)

But i know what you are trying to say.....the reason it doesn't work though is because we do not have a FAIR and FREE Trade agreement with them....

AND We Should....

This tariff on to our products is bulloney....imho.

I am teaching grasshopper, if you opened your mind you could have made a bundle also over the last 2 yrs.

How do you define human slaves? Those that are forced to work for free? Forced to work beyond 50 hours per week? Just curious.

In China I heard a story of girl who came down with Leukemia because of her working conditions, and was immediately fired. I don't think we should import from people like that, but that's just me.

Ahhhh, yes! Isn't China Wonderful!

The Chinese will own more cars, THANKS TO US buying THEIR GOODS, but i read there is a 28% tarrif in China on USA made cars that are imported to them...

so that GREAT and wonderful BOOM for cars in China WON'T DO SHITOLA for us....for our auto industry... ty tyvm!

Trade isn't that simple. We can buy more from a lot of places because we don't spend as much money on goods because China makes them cheaply. China banning our goods doesn't help them at all, it hurts both of us. But we shouldn't shoot ourselves in the foot also just because it will hurt them too.

Trade isn't that simple. We can buy more from a lot of places because we don't spend as much money on goods because China makes them cheaply. China banning our goods doesn't help them at all, it hurts both of us. But we shouldn't shoot ourselves in the foot also just because it will hurt them too.

why should we accept a free trade agreement if our goods will have tarrifs put on them so high that it would be impossible for any kind of free trade exchange?

In China I heard a story of girl who came down with Leukemia because of her working conditions, and was immediately fired. I don't think we should import from people like that, but that's just me.
We should base all of our foreign policy on anecdotal hearsay from Watermark. That would ensure a fair and impartial, as well as assuredly moral, advantage.

We should base all of our foreign policy on anecdotal hearsay from Watermark. That would ensure a fair and impartial, as well as assuredly moral, advantage.

Nope, it should be formulated with maximum employment for americans in mind, instead of the corporate bottom line. What do you think of that? Too nationalistic and nazi like? Is it bad and evil?

Back