truckers and the cost of diesel

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
my son and i have a friend who is a truck driver (big rig type) who gave us a heads up about a potential strike in the making

it seems that the cost of diesel fuel has gone up so fast that truckers have been hurt badly

so badly that they plan on striking (maybe as soon as tomorrow)

i expect that bush will invoke the taft-hartley act shortly after they go on strike

however, this is not just union truckers, but also independents and smaller truck drivers

the plan is to block fuel outlets and most deliveries (can we say gas stations and super markets)

i cannot say that i blame them, but oh what pain for the rest of us

oh well

I really respect truckers. I could not live the life. I hope this doesn't have to happen.

They just raise the rates to cover the increased fuel costs. It is inevitable anyway.
The increased cost of energy is filtering down to the purchasers of about everything this year.

Remember I mentioned last week about a probably truckers strike soon. I scooped the scoop.

Here's an article from 2005 where it was also "imminent"...

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46207

d

maybe it is all hyperbole but it is the talk at truck stops and on cb's

even a short strike would be a problem like the talked about strike in '05

once more the talk is about blockading fuel depots

even a strike by non-company drivers would be a greater problem than in '05 because there are more owner-operators due to insurance costs for companies with deep pockets

one thing that you can be sure of is if it happens, bush will step in as soon as possible to prevent or break a strike

with so many non-union independents, solidarity will be a problem

however, how can a trucker operate at little or no profit

a discount gas station (there are no longer many 'service stations' - there is only one within a 30 mile radius of here) ran out of gas recently for a couple of days - but the 'name' brand stations all had gas for about 20 - 30 cents per gallon more

a recent article posted on aol said that there would be no relief in the price of gas even if the price of oil dipped, unless the price dipped for a prolonged time period - between the speculators and the dropping value of the dollar, this will not happen soon

i can only hope that the dems do not shoot themselves in the foot so badly that mc wins

the cost of getting to work is going up. more tolls, gas more expensive, the food they serve is going up in price.

Us business professionals should form a union and strike.

there's no scoop, there has never been a serious trucker strike and there won't be one here. USMORON has not crystal ball, a serious complex yes!!!

there was a news article about a possible truckers strike yesterday. When they say scoop in relations to news they are not talking about ice cream Sputter.

lol you get funnier by the minute. You cut and paste something and tell us your scooping. BAHHAHAH
Why do you think we've never had a serious trucker strike, and do you know what the average trucker earns?

The husband of my daycare provider drives for UPS a 18wheeler night shift rout from MA to NJ and back and brings home around 80K per year.

trust me, nondegreed people making $80K and about $30K more in benefits are not going to strike. But the tools will run with a cut and paste because they don't know better.

lol you get funnier by the minute. You cut and paste something and tell us your scooping. BAHHAHAH
Why do you think we've never had a serious trucker strike, and do you know what the average trucker earns?

You DO have a comprehension problem. I made my statement last week and the news story came out yesterday....boy is so dumb he thinks the mexican border pays rent.

and your still an uneducated boob, I don't care when you cut and pasted it. I'm laughing loud at you for not knowing it's never happened and you think cause you read one article it's inevitable. How's that National Enquirer subscription working out.

Uscitizen.....watch out you're getting in way over your head. Topper's is truly the greater intelect.....just ask him and he'll tell you so. ;)

Crappie are biting here in willow tops by the way.

Uscitizen.....watch out you're getting in way over your head. Topper's is truly the greater intelect.....just ask him and he'll tell you so. ;)

Crappie are biting here in willow tops by the way.

Here too I think. bought some new line for my reels last night....

Ummm I can just taste that Crappie already.

On toppie, I will just read "My Pet goat" book and zoom on past him ;)

Back