truckers and the cost of diesel

They just raise the rates to cover the increased fuel costs. It is inevitable anyway.
The increased cost of energy is filtering down to the purchasers of about everything this year.

Remember I mentioned last week about a probably truckers strike soon. I scooped the scoop.

Given that the story began appearing on blogs in mid March and was all over the net last week... not really a big scoop for ya... damn glory hog...

:tongout:

Perhaps SF, I had read or seen nothing about it till this past weekend I think.

Great minds just think alike I suppose. :D

to get attention Damo. and they sure got it, Drudge had a headline up in a heartbeat ;)
Wow, and nobody else, eh?

Well, then it didn't really work. So far I've read about it here. That's it. That isn't attention, that is a few hundred people.

As it stands.

1. The planned "strike" is the 23rd to the 25th, these people are off by a few days.

2. Nobody heard about it except, it appears, a few bloggers and one semi-news guy.

I was also on the local evening news here. Ohh but that was a FOX affiliate. excuse me.
Yeah, so far we have found out that uscit reads drudge and watches FOX. And that he doesn't watch any of the others because he pretends that nobody but these two places reported this.

Wow, and nobody else, eh?

Well, then it didn't really work. So far I've read about it here. That's it. That isn't attention, that is a few hundred people.

As it stands.

1. The planned "strike" is the 23rd to the 25th, these people are off by a few days.

2. Nobody heard about it except, it appears, a few bloggers and one semi-news guy.

It was also on our local news last Friday. :)

It was also on our local news last Friday. :)
Yeah, but according to uscit, only Drudge reported it (although it is on Rueters and AP and every other news outlet that I have seen) and also FOX. So you must have been watching FOX and they were reading Drudge. That was the only way to get it.

Yeah, so far we have found out that uscit reads drudge and watches FOX. And that he doesn't watch any of the others because he pretends that nobody but these two places reported this.

I do watch some of the local Fox affiliate station for local news. I do not watch Fox network.

and where did I say no one else reported this ? Your projection apparatus is a bit fuzzy Damo.

I do watch some of the local Fox affiliate station for local news. I do not watch Fox network.

and where did I say no one else reported this ? Your projection apparatus is a bit fuzzy Damo.
Well, suggesting that Drudge was "fearmongering" gives that impression. It would mean that the story couldn't be anywhere else, because it was only Drudge that was "Fearmongering", him and Fox news (and their affiliates).

So, you would have to not read or hear any other source as they all reported this, it was on the AP and Rueters wire.

What is their objective?

hi d

my wife the sociologist says awareness and respect as well as higher freight rates

truckers transport most of the food and goods to retailers

some are company employees and will not strike (like ups and fed ex), but they are not getting pinched as their employers pay for their fuel

it is the ones that have to pay for their own fuel that are hurting and going out of business

desperate people are capable of desperate things

of course in the end it is the consumer that pays

Back