Trump Has 2-in-3 Chance of Making Greatest Comeback in Modern American Politics

volsrock1

Verified User
Former President Donald Trump has about a two-in-three chance of completing the greatest political comeback in modern American politics, an Economist model forecast Wednesday.

The model gave President Joe Biden an 83 percent chance of victory in 2020 four years ago.

The model is predicated on national polling and is updated daily with economic indicators. “To work out the likely electoral-vote totals, we run over 10,000 simulations of the election,” the Economist explained.”

Trump has consistently led Biden in the forecast since March, when the Economist began the simulation.

June 12 represents the largest spread between the two candidates. Trump sits at a 66 in 100 chance of victory, while Biden’s chance is only 33 in 100.

Former President Donald Trump has about a two-in-three chance of completing the greatest political comeback in modern American politics, an Economist model forecast Wednesday.

The model gave President Joe Biden an 83 percent chance of victory in 2020 four years ago.

The model is predicated on national polling and is updated daily with economic indicators. “To work out the likely electoral-vote totals, we run over 10,000 simulations of the election,” the Economist explained.”

Trump has consistently led Biden in the forecast since March, when the Economist began the simulation.

June 12 represents the largest spread between the two candidates. Trump sits at a 66 in 100 chance of victory, while Biden’s chance is only 33 in 100.

Yeah, I read that. Economist is returning to its reactionary roots.

I do not like those odds. :nono:

1718228965141-png.1583303

Trump sits at a 66 in 100 chance of victory, while Biden’s chance is only 33 in 100.
So Biden has a one in three chance of winning, which by definition is a close race. And it is early days. That number will radically change in one direction or the other with the debate(s), and other events.

Neither of the candidates have even been nominated yet.

I see the greatest chance of movement as being towards Biden, but obviously you can disagree.

So Biden has a one in three chance of winning, which by definition is a close race. And it is early days. That number will radically change in one direction or the other with the debate(s), and other events.

Neither of the candidates have even been nominated yet.

I see the greatest chance of movement as being towards Biden, but obviously you can disagree.
I do not believe America is ready to elect someone already convicted of 34 felonies.

I do not believe America is ready to elect someone already convicted of 34 felonies.
I know it is hard to imagine, but most undecideds do not really pay attention to the news. The majority of them do not know trump was on trial.

As that sinks in, it will look worse and worse for trump. As Biden does well in debate(s), it will become clear that he is competent. My prediction is that, assuming nothing changes, Biden will win reelection.

The only real question is how violent the alt right will get.

I know it is hard to imagine, but most undecideds do not really pay attention to the news. The majority of them do not know trump was on trial.

As that sinks in, it will look worse and worse for trump. As Biden does well in debate(s), it will become clear that he is competent. My prediction is that, assuming nothing changes, Biden will win reelection.

The only real question is how violent the alt right will get.
I have no doubt Biden will win the election. My concern is the violence Trump will use.

Trump had a 1 in 100 chance the day before the 2016 election.

Yawn. I'll bet volsrock got off reading that article. Weird dude.

Trump had a 1 in 100 chance the day before the 2016 election.

Yawn. I'll bet volsrock got off reading that article. Weird dude.
It was closer to 10%, but you are correct.

It is hard to create a predictive statistical model on trump, because he is rather "unique." In fact, no political race is common enough that you can create a reliable detailed model on it.

That sounds like a reasonable prediction. Given the incomplete statistics we have, The Economist sounds reasonable too.

What does not sound sane is the idiots who say trump has already won.
I respect the Economist, great publication. The problem as I see it is that there is no comp for the upcoming election. You cannot feed a working model with the data you have and accurately predict an outcome given the large number of factors that have never occurred before. How did the economist factor in Trumps conviction? How do they factor in his position that supports an American autocracy? The answer is that they can't, and therefore there is no predictive model for this election. It is simply too unique to forecast.

It was closer to 10%, but you are correct.

It is hard to create a predictive statistical model on trump, because he is rather "unique." In fact, no political race is common enough that you can create a reliable detailed model on it.
You beat me to it. That is exactly correct, and I said it.... right after you did :)

I respect the Economist, great publication. The problem as I see it is that there is no comp for the upcoming election. You cannot feed a working model with the data you have and accurately predict an outcome given the large number of factors that have never occurred before. How did the economist factor in Trumps conviction? How do they factor in his position that supports an American autocracy? The answer is that they can't, and therefore there is no predictive model for this election. It is simply too unique to forecast.
I read the Economist as well. Unfortunately their roots are in conservatism. They always side with conservatives against liberals.

If America elects a convicted felon ,we deserve everything we sowed by that action!

Here is a question for The Economist and all others posting polling:

If you are wrong, will you refuse to ever again post stories about polling?

Why do you, and the asshole Trump, think that everything he does is the greatest of all history. The jerkoff takes a shit and declares it the greatest shit ever taken...and you morons applaud and declare that indeed, his shit was the greatest, sweetest smelling shit ever.

What a bunch of clowns celebrating the chief clown.

I guess I should, though, thank you all for providing all the entertainment you offer.

Amazing a MAGA cultist even admits that Biden has a chance of winning the election.

Most in Trumpkinville think Trump already won, he can’t lose, if somehow he didn’t carry all fifty States, the election was fixed, Trump won, they cheated, he can’t lose

Back