Trump is legally disqualified from holding office

Makes sense. Now how to enforce it.

A citizen or citizen group would have to sue based on it, and then get it up to the SC to rule.

All citizens are arguably the party with Standing here but ones who voted for Joe Biden would make the most sense since it was there votes that Trump and co were attempting to steal.

Fri, August 11, 2023
Two conservative law professors who are active members of the Federalist Society have determined that, "If the public record is accurate, the case is not even close. [Donald Trump] is no longer eligible to the office of Presidency, or any other state or federal office covered by the Constitution."

https://news.yahoo.com/conservative-lawyers-argue-trump-legally-005015816.html

Really?

Fourteenth Amendment, Section 3:​

"No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability."

There was no rebellion. There was no insurrection. Saying so is lunatic and makes you look like a moron.

A citizen or citizen group would have to sue based on it, and then get it up to the SC to rule.

All citizens are arguably the party with Standing here but ones who voted for Joe Biden would make the most sense since it was there votes that Trump and co were attempting to steal.

Dumber than dumb. :palm:

Nobody hates Trump more than I do, but absent actual convictions, how is he disqualified?

As of now, the pigfucker is still presumed innocent in the eyes of the law.

Nobody hates Trump more than I do, but absent actual convictions, how is he disqualified?

As of now, the pigfucker is still presumed innocent in the eyes of the law.
^^^I agree with this.

I think if people sued and the SC heard the case, they would say without a legal finding of Insurrection, since that is available thru the courts, this cannot apply to any individual as it would then be subject to partisan abuse.

It matters little, as we all know, Trump could actually shoot that guy on 5th Avenue and a third of the country, plus a political party and major news network, would defend him, legalities and the law mean little to these people

It matters little, as we all know, Trump could actually shoot that guy on 5th Avenue and a third of the country, plus a political party and major news network, would defend him, legalities and the law mean little to these people

It is what Trump calls "winning".

Fri, August 11, 2023
Two conservative law professors who are active members of the Federalist Society have determined that, "If the public record is accurate, the case is not even close. [Donald Trump] is no longer eligible to the office of Presidency, or any other state or federal office covered by the Constitution."

Probably accurate but it'll be contested in court. Maybe even SCOTUS.

Makes sense. Now how to enforce it.
Typical stupid comment from you. Trump still meets all requirements to hold office. This is just another stupid guno thread but, of course, you had to add to the stupidity.

Whoa, the gravity of this just hit me; we now have a new category of "stupid", i.e. guno + BidenPresident stupid! Wow, now I know why this thread is sucking the life force out of my brain from half-a-room away. It burns! It BURNS!

Let's check the Constitution, shall we? [ yes, we shall!]

Article II, Section 1: No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.
Trump still meets all the requirements. Then there is this:

Article I, Section 3: Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.
Trump no longer holds office so he cannot be impeached in order to disqualify him from further office-holding. Sorry.

00e435e00cb8312fc3e23aa3212118ca.png

Fri, August 11, 2023

Oooh, that's a got to be a butt burner for the "intellectual" GOP politicians and think tank boys!

Oh well, there's another log on the "traitor" fire for the Orange Oaf to rail about in his next media post. :awesome:

Back