Trump quietly working with Republicans on bill making it impossible for him to be prosecuted

Guess they can't rub the last brain cell against anything to come up with anything more than "fake news"!
But I mean even in the thread about Trump wanting to unilaterally cut spending, I think it was Grok who essentially said it was a good thing instead of saying it was fake news.

They can't decide which abuses of power to cheer or which ones to pretend are fake.

Funny is you are proving me correct with your comments. Thanks

Funny how you are trolling your own thread. Perhaps it's due to your severely low IQ and utter lack of self-awareness.

There are many reasons why someone might lack self-awareness. It could be due to a mental health condition, such as schizophrenia or borderline personality disorder. It could be caused by drug abuse or alcoholism. It could be a result of trauma or a difficult upbringing. Or it could simply be that someone has never been taught how to develop self-awareness.

But I mean even in the thread about Trump wanting to unilaterally cut spending, I think it was Grok who essentially said it was a good thing instead of saying it was fake news.

They can't decide which abuses of power to cheer or which ones to pretend are fake.
There is also that issue of illiteracy that a few of them have. That could explain the lack of coherent on topic responses.

WTF does this dumb word salad even mean?

Actually, it's the left that can't decide which abuses to defend harder. Ironic and sad how stupid and dishonest leftists are becoming.

There is also that issue of illiteracy that a few of them have. That could explain the lack of coherent on topic responses.

Still trolling your own thread. We accept your unconditional surrender on the fact that the story is a pile of lie filled bullshit.

Again, from the act itself:

Summary

H.R. 2553 would allow a current or former President or Vice President to remove to federal court a civil action or criminal prosecution brought against them in a state court. Under current law, the option for removal is limited to cases where the defendant is an official of a federal agency or an officer of the legislative or judicial branch, acting in an official capacity. The legislation would apply to cases that are pending on the date of enactment, as well as those filed in state courts thereafter.

It doesn't allow the President, or anyone for that matter, from being immune from prosecution for real crimes, not imagined ones from the left.

Former President Donald Trump is reportedly laying the groundwork to make it so he can be effectively above the law if elected to a second term this November.

According to a Friday report in Rolling Stone, Trump is reaching out to Republicans in Congress and urging them to pass legislation to make it essentially impossible for local district attorneys and state attorneys general to prosecute him in court. The bill is called the "Stop Political Prosecutions Act," and would shield all former presidents from all non-federal prosecutions by allowing a president to move local and state cases to federal court.

"Even after a second term, he doesn’t think any of this is going to end,” one unnamed Republican lawmaker told Rolling Stone. “He doesn’t think Democrats are going to quit coming after him.”
No major bill will be passed without sixty senate votes thanks to Mitch McConnell's vigorous protection of the filibuster rule.
So good luck.

Gives him a layer of protection maybe but won't make it impossible to prosecute him. State charges can still be filed but the case could be heard in a federal court by a federally empaneled jury.

Back