Trump: States rights, except Arizona!

Jarod

Contributor
Seriously, people, on Monday Trump comes out screaming states rights on abortion.

Then Arizona outlaws even Abortion for rape incest, or a dead fetus.

The next day, Trump comes out, condemning Arizona for exercising The right he gave the state.

In Trump’s home state of Florida, the Trump backed governor, pushed a six week ban, and got it.

A woman doesn’t even even know she’s pregnant most of the time within six weeks.

Seriously, people, on Monday Trump comes out screaming states rights on abortion.

The next day, Trump comes out, condemning Arizona for exercising The right he gave the state.

It's what you do when you have zero principles or ethics, but desperately need to get elected to stay out of bankruptcy court and prison.

In Trump’s home state of Florida, the Trump backed governor, pushed a six week ban, and got it.

A woman doesn’t even even know she’s pregnant most of the time within six weeks.

You're right. It means that you've missed a period by 10-13 days. If your cycle is irregular, that happens often. Per the Planned Parenthood site, a pregnancy test should be done as soon as you've missed a period. That only gives you TWO WEEKS to find out you're pregnant, call your physician or a clinic, and either receive the oral medication or schedule and complete an abortion procedure. Two weeks. In reality, it is less time than that since few ppl start their cycle exactly 28-30 days apart.

They set that time deliberately, of course, to make sure that most women can't meet the six-weeks deadline. Thankfully for the women of Florida, abortion is on the ballot in November. What do you want to bet that they vote to preserve reproductive freedom?

You're right. It means that you've missed a period by 10-13 days. If your cycle is irregular, that happens often. Per the Planned Parenthood site, a pregnancy test should be done as soon as you've missed a period. That only gives you TWO WEEKS to find out you're pregnant, call your physician or a clinic, and either receive the oral medication or schedule and complete an abortion procedure. Two weeks. In reality, it is less time than that since few ppl start their cycle exactly 28-30 days apart.

They set that time deliberately, of course, to make sure that most women can't meet the six-weeks deadline. Thankfully for the women of Florida, abortion is on the ballot in November. What do you want to bet that they vote to preserve reproductive freedom?

That's one reason why I'm a partition guy and not a Tenth Amendment guy.

Not being afflicted with true-believerism,

I recognize that certain parts of the current republic will ALWAYS loathe one another.

iu

It's what you do when you have zero principles or ethics, but desperately need to get elected to stay out of bankruptcy court and prison.

I think its backfiring. Seven months is a long time away, but its shaping up to be advantage, Biden.

Gov. DeSantis, he has backed off of that now, but only after he got the bill passed when he was trying to get the Republican nomination.

Gov. DeSantis, he has backed off of that now, but only after he got the bill passed when he was trying to get the Republican nomination.

Too bad. He shot himself in the foot with his pandering. Having reproductive freedom on the ballot is going to drive a surge -- perhaps even a blue tsunami -- of voters to the polls in Nov. And we all know what happens to (R)s when voter turn out is large, don't we?

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Too bad. He shot himself in the foot with his pandering. Having reproductive freedom on the ballot is going to drive a surge -- perhaps even a blue tsunami -- of voters to the polls in Nov. And we all know what happens to (R)s when voter turn out is large, don't we?

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I am superstitious, be careful about saying 'blue tsunami'.

I think you can believe that states should be allowed to set their own policy on abortion AND have an opinion on what is/isn't a reasonable policy.

Now, excuse me while I go take a shower after defending Trump.

I think you can believe that states should be allowed to set their own policy on abortion AND have an opinion on what is/isn't a reasonable policy.

Now, excuse me while I go take a shower after defending Trump.

Of course you can. The problem with #TRE45ON is his lack of any moral compass. He changes his position depending on which way the wind is blowing and for what's good for Trump. He has stated that he is pro-choice, back before he switched to the (R) side. He has also advocated a national ban on abortion, and for punishing women who get one. Biden is right. If the (R)s put a bill banning the procedure in front of #TRE45ON, he'll sign it.

Trump Backtracks On Comments About Abortion And 'Punishment' For Women

The problem with #TRE45ON is his lack of any moral compass.

Do we still believe in a moral compass, Owl,

or have we finally reached the point where,

among purveyors of situational and transactional ethics,

we choose the one who best suits our purposes?

I'm afraid that if I EVER had a trace of true believerism in me,
it certainly didn't survive into adulthood.

Trump has been for it before he was against it and for it again on scores of issues, the rest, he just lies about, not the most principled individual in the room

Of course you can. The problem with #TRE45ON is his lack of any moral compass. He changes his position depending on which way the wind is blowing and for what's good for Trump. He has stated that he is pro-choice, back before he switched to the (R) side. He has also advocated a national ban on abortion, and for punishing women who get one. Biden is right. If the (R)s put a bill banning the procedure in front of #TRE45ON, he'll sign it.

Trump Backtracks On Comments About Abortion And 'Punishment' For Women

I don't think it's uncommon for politicians to change their minds...or at least pretend to change their minds for political benefit. Clinton and Obama were both openly anti-same sex marriage. Trump has no true direction, so he just says whatever sounds good at the moment and sometimes changes contradicts himself within the same speech!

I disagree about a federal abortion ban. First, Republicans know that even creating such a bill would damage the party for decades. Signing the bill would end the party.

I don't think it's uncommon for politicians to change their minds...or at least pretend to change their minds for political benefit. Clinton and Obama were both openly anti-same sex marriage. Trump has no true direction, so he just says whatever sounds good at the moment and sometimes changes contradicts himself within the same speech!

I disagree about a federal abortion ban. First, Republicans know that even creating such a bill would damage the party for decades. Signing the bill would end the party.

Biden, as a faithful Catholic, is against abortion. However, he is not willing to make his personal beliefs the law of the land. Trump will if there's something in it for Trump.

Agree with you that a national ban likely won't happen. Funny anecdote: One of my sisters-in-law is an evangelist and a one-issue voter: abortion. She said in 2016 that she didn't much like Trump but voted for him in the hopes that he would stack the Supreme Court and they'd get rid of Roe v Wade. She got her wish. But because the universe likes to keep things in balance, her state (Kansas) voted to protect reproductive rights and now she lives where abortion is legal. I haven't asked her about this election cycle, but I imagine she's not happy with Trump for not favoring a national ban. Bet she'll vote for the sleaze anyways.

Trump mocks evangelical Christians behind their backs.

Biden, as a faithful Catholic, is against abortion..

I, as a lapsed Catholic by the age of puberty,
am against all human procreation
in times where life for future generations
seems destined to be so abysmal.

Thanks to a combination of digital technology and trumpanzees,
an Earth destroying asteroid strike
is as comforting an imaginative thought
as a sane person could have today.:thinking:

Back