Trump's Vet Rally

Much of it from his associates. Hopes he posts a list of the donors.

"Mr. Trump said he’d already raised roughly $6 million for veterans’ causes. Much of the money came from wealthy associates, several of whom Mr. Trump identified by name.

Among them were Mr. Trump himself, who said he gave $1 million, and financier Carl Icahn, who gave $500,000."
6 mIL is 6 mil. I think WW will be thankful regardless the source.

Why would Palin be there ?
Purpose ? Raise $ for Wounded Warriors which it did. 5-6 million I believe.

Well, she was going to be campaigning for him, until her statement in Oklahoma about PTSD, it blackened her eye and made the Trump campaign look bad for bringing her on board. This is probably his campaign's reasoning for making his little event a fund raiser for vets.

Well, she was going to be campaigning for him, until her statement in Oklahoma about PTSD, it blackened her eye and made the Trump campaign look bad for bringing her on board. This is probably his campaign's reasoning for making his little event a fund raiser for vets.

Don't think $ for vets us a new thing for him. He is happy for people liking him but isn't dependant on them like pols are. You need to stop trying to put him in boxes you use for pols. He fits in no mold.

Don't think $ for vets us a new thing for him. He is happy for people liking him but isn't dependant on them like pols are. You need to stop trying to put him in boxes you use for pols. He fits in no mold.

I think you will be surprised.

If Ttump had done his research he would know that the money he raised would be better donated to organizations who spent less on administrative and more on vets. Seems like a poor investment

yes he had no contact with any vet organizations pre his little event

he already made a fool of himself doing this just awhile back.

yet he didn't bother to learn form that one and get himself some REAL vet support

I think you will be surprised.

If Ttump had done his research he would know that the money he raised would be better donated to organizations who spent less on administrative and more on vets. Seems like a poor investment

I looked they were top ten. Scored 94.5 of 100.
He could have done far worse.

Love him or hate him, Trump pulls another rabbit out of his hat

The Donald J. Trump foundation, a nonprofit arm of the candidate's business empire, intends to distribute the funds among 22 organizations that support veterans causes, several of which are based in Iowa.

The receiving groups work on a variety of veterans issues, including homelessness, suicide prevention, or, like the Des Moines-based Puppy Jake Foundation, service canines for disabled vets.

Though Trump came under fire earlier this week from some veterans groups for using their cause to advance a political agenda, several organizations slated to receive money from Trump's benefit didn't have a problem with the source of the funds.

"I think everyone has a duty to care for our military veterans," Kerri Childress, Vice President of the Fisher House Foundation, told CBS News. "Mr. Trump has been a supporter in the past, and we're grateful for him then and now -- along with the many, many donors that contributed to this event last night."

The Rockville, Maryland-based organization, which provides area housing to military families while veterans are hospitalized, only learned on Friday that it had been named a recipient.

"We learned this morning off the website like everybody else," Childress said. Before Thursday's event, the group had only been contacted by Trump's people to gather more information about the organization.

Of the veterans attacks leveled at the GOP candidate for politicizing the issue, Childress waved off the criticisms.

"It's not just Donald Trump -- it's also Americans who have donated for it," she said. "And guess what? Taking care of our veterans is not a Democrat or Republican issue."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/who-are-the-veterans-groups-donald-trump-will-donate-to/

Back