Turkey and Saudi Arabia's new rendezvous with – Reawakening, Reformation an

Said1

A hotel for women only in Saudi Arabia? Could we see the birth of the Muslim Feminazi in one of the most oppressive, patriarchal theocracies in the world? Seriously, the significance of this is quite promising, although I'm left wondering about the level of freedom and privacy women staying at the hotel are afforded. In any event, it's quite a leap for Muslim women, however small.

The op-ed brings up other points with respect to reformation, good read - albeit long.

Saudi Arabia is a land of predicament for Saudi women seeking opportunities but facing constraints. They are neither allowed to drive nor vote, but some good news has emerged. They can now stay at an all-woman’s hotel. Saudi Arabia recently opened its first hotel for females only. It is big news in a country where sensitivities about having male guides are so predominant that last year two Saudi clerics issued a fatwa forbidding women from accessing the Internet without the presence of a male guide. The hotel offers luxurious accommodation with a full-range of health and beauty care for ladies to indulge themselves in. It provides Saudi females a sanctuary from the prying eyes of males. Saudi Arabia goes to great lengths to ensure segregation between unrelated men and women. Uninterested, unemployed youth are opened to alien cultural influences via satellite and the web but are told in mosques that this influence is decadent.

On the other hand, as Saudi Arabia opens a women-only facility to maintain the segregation, rather, make it a part of the norm, the basis of 'jurisprudence' that calls for this segregation is being revisited by the Turk Islamists. Islamic-established theology faces challenges in Saudi Arabia and Turkey. Saudis consider segregation as an integral part of society, as ordained by Islam. The justification for such male domination is said to root in the interpretations of Islamic traditions.

A slight diversion is important so as to highlight the root cause of this new intellectual freedom and enquiry within the course of Islam. What has been the catalyst, and why now?

Continued here: http://iqballatif.newsvine.com/_new...wakening-reformation-and-retraining-of-minds-

This kind of change could well backfire in the aspect of stability of the countries mentioned.
I am for any gains in equality, but then I am not an arab male either.

This kind of change could well backfire in the aspect of stability of the countries mentioned.
I am for any gains in equality, but then I am not an arab male either.

It's sad when one countries idea of a protest consists of a small group of women driving a car down a public street.

Change has to be implemented in small increments. The state CAN change laws, but most of the men and religious clerics within their societies need to be reprogrammed as well. Unfortunately society determines what is and isn't acceptable before it becomes the norm.

It's sad when one countries idea of a protest consists of a small group of women driving a car down a public street.

Change has to be implemented in small increments. The state CAN change laws, but most of the men and religious clerics within their societies need to be reprogrammed as well. Unfortunately society determines what is and isn't acceptable before it becomes the norm.

That IS true conservatism at work.

Im not sure gender segregation is any kind of step forward.

I can see how someone might think that.

It's a hotel. A public place for women to meet (or to be alone) for whatever reason, without being surveiled by male authority (husbands, fathers etc). I would venture a guess and say they need a written note of consent to stay their though.

I can see how someone might think that.

It's a hotel. A public place for women to meet (or to be alone) for whatever reason, without being surveiled by male authority (husbands, fathers etc). I would venture a guess and say they need a written note of consent to stay their though.

It's still pretty fucked up, and it's gender discrimination against men. I think this kind of bizarro form of muslim women empowerment is a stealth form of discrimination against men.

It's still pretty fucked up, and it's gender discrimination against men. I think this kind of bizarro form of muslim women empowerment is a stealth form of discrimination against men.

Of course you do. I thought there would be someone that would take this highly superficial offering of advancement as discriminatory to Saudi Arabian men. I mean really, who's gonna cook dinner while the women are off at their 'for women only' hotel. No wonder they get beaten.

Just like we can not free the Iraqi people From themselves we also can not free the saudi women from their own father ,brothers and sons.

Of course you do. I thought there would be someone that would take this highly superficial offering of advancement as discriminatory to Saudi Arabian men. I mean really, who's gonna cook dinner while the women are off at their 'for women only' hotel. No wonder they get beaten.

What it is is the institutionalization of the fears of muslim men that other men are going to gain access to their women.
The hotel agrees to keep other men away for them, so they can relax, knowing that their pussy is safely under lock and key.

It's actually a further embrace of muslim male paranoia.

Last edited:
What it is is the institutionalization of the fears of muslim men that other men are going to gain access to their women.
The hotel agrees to keep other men away for them, so they can relax, knowing that their pussy is safely under lock and key.

Hence my assumption about a note of consent. A quick get-a-way for wife #1. Cause she deserves the best!

I still think it's a good idea.

Hence my assumption about a note of consent. A quick get-a-way for wife #1. Cause she deserves the best!

I still think it's a good idea.

I think it's bad. It's an institutionalization and embrace of muslim male paranoia. So NOT a step forward.

Why do you see institutionalizing the fears of muslim men as a step forward?

I see women being able to congregate in a public place without a male relative as a step forward.

Placating their fears is probably a necessary evil until they get used to the idea.

I wish you guys were as concerned gbout our female personal in Iraq as you are with the Saudi women.

I see women being able to congregate in a public place without a male relative as a step forward.

Placating their fears is probably a necessary evil until they get used to the idea.

I see institutionalizing the fears of muslim men in the name of empowerment as a dangerous retrogade notion. What's next? all woman companies? This is discrimination. You cannot fight paranoia with further injustice and gender discrimination.

A step forward would be women being allowed to go where they want with whom they want. Creating little MALE FREE zones is bunch of hooey.

Last edited:
Back