Uh oh! The planet is cooling

tinfoil

Banned
Looks like the global warmers ran out of time.
7390_large_hadcrut.jpg

http://www.dailytech.com/Temperature+Monitors+Report+Worldwide+Global+Cooling/article10866.htm

LOL I called it 2 years ago. I knew the temps had peaked in 98 and that we are trending downward. The graph proves it.

The chart is titled anomoly, you do understand what that means don't ya ? Give it time to see what happens.

Well, the chart calls the last century's warming an anomaly as well as the current cooling trend.

So, you can wait for them to call it something else, but a century's warming was described in one word by that chart.

As it stands this is strong evidence that solar activity is a far more significant factor than CO2. As well, we'd rather it not continue. Cold will cause more damage than warming will. So, if you think warming is bad...

I read it now. One winters data wipes out 100 years ? come on now.

Lets just keep on dumping stuff into the atmosphere and see what happens ?

I read it now. One winters data wipes out 100 years ? come on now.
If the rise was just a bit over half in a century, one winter clearly did wipe it out. I notice you pass over record antarctic ice, etc. as well. All over one word on a chart and a hope that nobody notices?

LOL. I wonder what it would take to get Cypress to consider that warming may not be caused as much by CO2 as he thought...

It still doesn't matter to me. I still think we should get off fossil fuels and create the next step in energy here, produce it and sell it to the waiting world...

Even if "global warming" didn't exist I'd be promoting this.

LOL. I wonder what it would take to get Cypress to consider that warming may not be caused as much by CO2 as he thought...

It still doesn't matter to me. I still think we should get off fossil fuels and create the next step in energy here, produce it and sell it to the waiting world...

Even if "global warming" didn't exist I'd be promoting this.

Your not a climate scientist and neither am I. You don't even know what your looking at, and you have no fundamental knowledge of the underlying data. It may be fun to play armchair scientist, but you have no training or education to understand all the data. This is one months data.

I'll trust what the scientific consensus is, until informed otherwise.

Your not a climate scientist and neither am I. You don't even know what your looking at, and you have no fundamental knowledge of the underlying data. It may be fun to play armchair scientist, but you have no training or education to understand all the data. This is one months data.

I'll trust what the scientific consensus is, until informed otherwise.
It is far more than one month's data. Geez. You can read a chart better than that! And it still doesn't change my underlying point. I am not married to global warming to drive what I think is the future. Whether or not "consensus" exists about global warming, using my determining factors nothing changes.

damo, do you understand all the underlying data better than the scientist who said tinfoils article totally misquoted him?

LOL

damo, do you understand all the underlying data better than the scientist who said tinfoils article totally misquoted him?

LOL
Again, did you understand that the data was over 12 months, not 1?

Why are you being so obtuse?

I don't care. I simply asked a question, I didn't suggest that this data actually does mean that there is some huge turnaround... and I don't care if it does or doesn't. It doesn't change what I think we should do for the future. Whether or not there is global warming or any consensus, whether or not it is solar activity, whether or not there is no warming at all and it was all just a bad dream nothing about what I think is good for the future changes.

Even if "global warming" didn't exist I'd be promoting this

Exactly. What is it going to take to get these "consensus" global warming individuals to focus on pollution rather than wasting so much time on who can be blamed.

Exactly. What is it going to take to get these "consensus" global warming individuals to focus on pollution rather than wasting so much time on who can be blamed.
What I fear is that if they are shown to be incorrect and that the effects of human action are not as strong as that of nature itself they will lose focus, or seek some new punishment for America rather than logically thinking it through. You don't resolve this issue with Kyoto, if every step of Kyoto was totally followed without flaw it still wouldn't have more than 1% effect on the "change" predicted.

The only way to solve this one is with real ingenuity. Not only could it solve the issue, but it can set us up for the next century all while protecting us from terrorists.

Having the resolution be punitive and exhaustive, taking much of the wind from the sails of the very people who will likely solve it is counter productive and based in revenge rather than reality.

Back