Under 9 week until College Football starts again!

WinterBorn

Verified User
https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/05/01/spring-rankings-top-25-clemson-alabama-georgia

This is SI's early college football predictions.

#1 - Clemson.
Still got lots of talent, including a future Heisman caliber QB. But that front 4 on the D line was what made last years team so dangerous. 3 of them went in the first round of the draft. Yeah, they'll be in the mix at the end of the regular season.

#2 - Alabama.
Much of the offense is back, and added some new talent behind Tua. Great recruiting means there are people ready to step up. Since Saban has been in Tuscaloosa, when Bama got smacked around at the end of the previous year, they came back with a vengence.

#3 - Georgia.
#4 - Ohio State
#5 - Notre Dame
#6 - Oklahome
#7 - Michigan
#8 - Florida
#9 - Texas
#10 - Texas A&M

The Buckeyes have plenty of talent. I think the lack of distractions this year may put them in the playoffs.
We'll see...they always seem to find some "distractions" though :)....but I would be thrilled if you're right...
Football in this town is never dull;)

We'll see...they always seem to find some "distractions" though :)....but I would be thrilled if you're right...
Football in this town is never dull;)

Like Tuscaloosa, it is bad when we lose, but still exciting during the season.

Woody wouldn't pass!:palm:

Lots of coaches back in the day didn't like passing. Bear Bryant was a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" kinda coach too. It wouldn't work now. But it worked pretty well back then.

One of the Oklahoma or Nebraska coaches said "When you pass, one of 3 things will happen. And 2 of them are bad."

Lots of coaches back in the day didn't like passing. Bear Bryant was a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" kinda coach too. It wouldn't work now. But it worked pretty well back then.

One of the Oklahoma or Nebraska coaches said "When you pass, one of 3 things will happen. And 2 of them are bad."

Woody said that!Many Rose Bowls OSU went up against a team that could run and pass!And lost

Woody said that!Many Rose Bowls OSU went up against a team that could run and pass!And lost

Woody compiled a record of 238-72-10. He won 5 National Championships and 13 Big 10 Championships. He must have done something right.

But in modern football you have to be able to have a balanced attack.

Now how do you think your top ten list matches up to the top ten coaches salaries? Coaching staff salaries? Schools spending the most on college football? Etc.

Do you think there might exist there a common denominator of the more you spend the better your team is? If such, it really isn't amateur competition, but more so a race of the dollar, the more you spend, the more you win, kinda like professional football, except the State controls the purse strings

Now how do you think your top ten list matches up to the top ten coaches salaries? Coaching staff salaries? Schools spending the most on college football? Etc.

Do you think there might exist there a common denominator of the more you spend the better your team is? If such, it really isn't amateur competition, but more so a race of the dollar, the more you spend, the more you win, kinda like professional football, except the State controls the purse strings

I think the athletes should be paid something for their work. But, that aside, as long as they are not being paid, it is amateur athletics.

UAB is an amazing medical school. They pay their professors handsomely, and they attract some of the best. Their facilities are cutting edge. Consequently, they attract the cream of the crop in students. It is the same thing.

The University of Alabama pays Nick Saban very well. Not because they have the money. But because he brings home championships. Without Saban, Alabama would still be mediocre.

Also, what the coaches make and the cost of the facilities is covered by the money made by the football program.

The athletic dept at Univ of Alabama has a huge profit margin. And that effects every facet of the university, from professors to enrollment to funding all other sports.

For some reason I can't upload a picture from my phone to a wall post or PM. But, this shot from my local LA Fitness is for Cawacko:

WP_20190711_16_31_57_Pro.jpg

I guess my Windows Phone is a ND fan, also, since the photo is upside down. Well, more likely it's a UW fan.

I'm curious to see if either Notre Dame or Michigan can finish a season on top.

Both have had good teams in the last 10 or 12 years. But both seem to implode before the season ends.

I think the athletes should be paid something for their work. But, that aside, as long as they are not being paid, it is amateur athletics.

UAB is an amazing medical school. They pay their professors handsomely, and they attract some of the best. Their facilities are cutting edge. Consequently, they attract the cream of the crop in students. It is the same thing.

The University of Alabama pays Nick Saban very well. Not because they have the money. But because he brings home championships. Without Saban, Alabama would still be mediocre.

Also, what the coaches make and the cost of the facilities is covered by the money made by the football program.

The athletic dept at Univ of Alabama has a huge profit margin. And that effects every facet of the university, from professors to enrollment to funding all other sports.

Can't believe you are still that naive, it is semi-pro, the Ivy League would be amateur football, the more you spend in time the more you win, common sense, your top ten list proves it, it is all about the dollar

Can't believe you are still that naive, it is semi-pro, the Ivy League would be amateur football, the more you spend in time the more you win, common sense, your top ten list proves it, it is all about the dollar

I can't believe you are still going on about this.

The athletes are not paid. Yes, they receive scholarships ect, but unless they are paid they are amateurs.

And why is it that the top medical researchers are at Johns Hopkins or Stanford instead of smaller schools? Could it be that they pay professors better and have better facilities?

Back