Unemployment is at 4.7%; will you hail Obama?

My point is that members of the largest demographic to reach retirement age are now beginning to retire and many at the upper end of he Baby Boomer demographic are simply choosing retirement over a long, protracted search for another menial job.

Which of course explains the declining labor force participation rate numbers.

That's part of it but you have the Millennials who have overtaken the Boomers as the largest generation all hitting the workforce so that takes away from the effect of Boomers retiring on the labor participation rate.

That's part of it but you have the Millennials who have overtaken the Boomers as the largest generation all hitting the workforce so that takes away from the effect of Boomers retiring on the labor participation rate.

And they get jobs, married and kids a decade later than we did. Which will stress housing formation for decades

And they get jobs, married and kids a decade later than we did. Which will stress housing formation for decades

I'm 43 and the wife is pregnant with our first child. I'm damn near going to be on S.S. by the time baby girl is in college. I saw the folks this weekend and was talking about this. My mom has me at 23. My grandparents were 50 when I was born. I'll be in a damn wheelchair by the time I become a grandfather.

I'm 43 and the wife is pregnant with our first child. I'm damn near going to be on S.S. by the time baby girl is in college. I saw the folks this weekend and was talking about this. My mom has me at 23. My grandparents were 50 when I was born. I'll be in a damn wheelchair by the time I become a grandfather.

Congrats on the kid, nothing can compare. At least you are in a job you dig.

I know, I was shocked, too, before I saw his picture, he sounds like an old geezer at times, someone way older than his years, huh cawacko ;)

When he said 30 more years I thought 30 not 43.
I have a worpt conception of everyone else wanting to retire early too!

You will go from talking about booze and chicks to baby stroller brands.
And love it!
All the best Cali man.
Oh dude, my world has already been rocked with that talk. Throw in the fact we are having a little Princess and I'm seeing all these girly thinks around me...

The wife just keeps laughing and blessing my heart. I'm in trouble!

Oh dude, my world has already been rocked with that talk. Throw in the fact we are having a little Princess and I'm seeing all these girly thinks around me...

Oh, cawacko, a Princess! that is awesome! Congrats!

Well I'm sure you will b a great Dad, and dance reviews are long. But way shorter than wrestling tournaments.

Back