Update Regarding Thread Bans

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
After some additional discussion, we've come to decide not to do thread bannings after a thread is started. That means if you want to have anyone banned from your threads, you need to do it up front when you first create a thread. The only exception to this would probably be if someone made a sock puppet account to try and get around the ban.

The reason for this is to prevent people from deciding mid-argument to kick someone out just because they are disagreeing with them. You should know before starting the thread who are the true assholes vs. people that might just make you roll your eyes.

After some additional discussion, we've come to decide not to do thread bannings after a thread is started. That means if you want to have anyone banned from your threads, you need to do it up front when you first create a thread. The only exception to this would probably be if someone made a sock puppet account to try and get around the ban.

The reason for this is to prevent people from deciding mid-argument to kick someone out just because they are disagreeing with them. You should know before starting the thread who are the true assholes vs. people that might just make you roll your eyes.

STRIKE 1

actually i think i've only had 2 requests so far. I just feel the bulk of the purpose of it can be handled up front, and the chances of it being exploited goes up if we were to allow threadbans after thread creation.

I don't mind people disagreeing with me, I can rip them apart with my superior intelligence. It's the trolls I don't want in my threads.

I don't mind people disagreeing with me, I can rip them apart with my superior intelligence. It's the trolls I don't want in my threads.

yup, and I think most people know who the trolls are before starting the threads, which is the point... if they aren't bad enough to be on your mind at creation, they probably aren't that bad.

why is it I am banned from so many threads?

what are the RULES and what did I post that was wrong?

can I at least KNOW what post you considered too offending to be posted?

Maybe you could put certain threads titles in certain colers so People can easily tell when they enter a thread with the hieghtened moderation instantly.

I am new to all these new rules guys and I se NO definition of the hieghtened rules so that a person can tell whats required where.

every time I try to come back here you guys have something going on that makes me feel unwelcome.

if it isnt warewolf its something like this.

Maybe you could put certain threads titles in certain colers so People can easily tell when they enter a thread with the hieghtened moderation instantly.

I am new to all these new rules guys and I se NO definition of the hieghtened rules so that a person can tell whats required where.

Desh when you go into a thread you can see who, if anyone, is banned from that thread right on the very top. Of course this will be misused, and you can see it already with abusive right wing morons making laughable claims that they are banning "trolls" from their threads. But it's an interesting option for people who don't come here to have USF follow them around making obscene, sexually graphic, degrading, abusive remarks.

I don't know if it will work or last, but it's definitely not meant to shut someone like you up. I hope it doesn't work out that way and if it does, then no one will like it and the option will be gone.

every time I try to come back here you guys have something going on that makes me feel unwelcome.

if it isnt warewolf its something like this.

How the fuck does Werewolf make you feel unwelcomed around here?

Also, most of the threads from which you are banned are just gag threads, like my Vegas thread...

Desh when you go into a thread you can see who, if anyone, is banned from that thread right on the very top. Of course this will be misused, and you can see it already with abusive right wing morons making laughable claims that they are banning "trolls" from their threads. But it's an interesting option for people who don't come here to have USF follow them around making obscene, sexually graphic, degrading, abusive remarks.

I don't know if it will work or last, but it's definitely not meant to shut someone like you up. I hope it doesn't work out that way and if it does, then no one will like it and the option will be gone.

Yes it will be a disastor.

but even that one area that is MORE moderated I was banned and went back and looked and I have NO idea what it was they got pissed at me saying abnd banned me.

so in effect there are NO written rules and NO ONE told me what was the offending post.

so I get to look at all these threads Im banned from speaking in and have to keep track of where Im allowed to talk.

Very un fun type of posting .

Its going to make me come bad much less.

BTW were wolf would shut the talk down this site for days.

I would come here and NO one was here to talk to because you were all playing the games.

EVERY time I try to post here more I am made to feel unwlcome in some way.

what the fuck is with that?

but even that one area that is MORE moderated I was banned and went back and looked and I have NO idea what it was they got pissed at me saying abnd banned me.

so in effect there are NO written rules and NO ONE told me what was the offending post.

so I get to look at all these threads Im banned from speaking in and have to keep track of where Im allowed to talk.

I would come here and NO one was here to talk to because you were all playing the games.

Desh you just got banned from APP, above plain politics. And grind said that everyone knew the rules are different there, but he's wrong. You were gone for a long time, and I know you didn't know. It's a forum where you can't call any names. That's all. He should have explained it to you instead of banning you, and if you PM him and tell him that you didn't know (and I know you didn't know, too bad everyone else here is fucking clueless), I bet he will let you back on there. Hardly anyone posts in that forum anyway. You are not at all unwelcome, no way. This new thing where we can start threads and ban anyone we feel is a troll or abusive, you are the last person THAT is about. That's not about you. Don't feel that you are unwelcome, I love that you are back, Rana loves that you are back, christie, many others.

We haven't played werewolf in a long time, I'm not even playing next time, and the next time I play if I do, I will talk to you I promise. I don't want to get so wrapped up in that stupid game again, I almost killed someone the last time. A friend too!

why is it I am banned from so many threads?

what are the RULES and what did I post that was wrong?

can I at least KNOW what post you considered too offending to be posted?

It's probably just I love america's threads you are banned from Desh. The reason why it looks like so many is because he has no life and even posts around the clock on holidays, spamming the board with bullshit threads. He is bannign you from his threads just to annoy you. He's a freaking troll! Don't let him bother you.

yup, and I think most people know who the trolls are before starting the threads, which is the point... if they aren't bad enough to be on your mind at creation, they probably aren't that bad.

Desh didn't know about APP she wasn't even here when you did that. Why don't you talk to her in PM and straighten that out? Instead out of here where the old english bastard and other trolls can jump in to degrade her? I don't think that's too much to ask!

I hope you noticed I came to your defense. What's sad is that you were banned from APP for something so minor it's sad but afterwards ILA unleashed a tirade of i.sults towards you that were left there.

Back