Update Regarding Thread Bans

Why is someone reporting violations of the board rules a problem?

he has created at least a dozen posts in several threads about it

as a board owner, he knows that moderation is done via PM, not complaining about it all over the board. his intent isn't just to remedy the rule, rather to get certain members banned.

No one really takes the feature seriously, whatever purpose it is intended to have. I'm guessing it will fail its test trial and go away. Meanwhile, I am going to continue to make silly threads where I ban everyone or the people whom they are about.

I like the feature and will start using it. It also pains me to have to agree with Darla that your joke threads are not funny and infantile.

I would like to know how she doesn't know the rules of APP, she has been here long enough!!

It doesn't matter to Darla and Howey. It is about keeping up the impression that lefties are as pure as the wind driven snow.

They can't stand that I can post at APP and Desh can't. It really messes with thier world view.

That is why Howey is stalking me looking for board infractions.

Absolutely! Love having you back, pay no heed to men who can't handle you!

thanks guys,

I will soldier on

Its actually getting kinda funny.

one poster jsut posted a thread about some guy ocvering his ears on a Fox show in an attempt to NOT listen to their stupid remarks.

He chastised the guy for not listening and then Banned me and others from posting in the thread.

I posted a thread about it and banned myself from the thread.

thanks guys,

I will soldier on

Its actually getting kinda funny.

one poster jsut posted a thread about some guy ocvering his ears on a Fox show in an attempt to NOT listen to their stupid remarks.

He chastised the guy for not listening and then Banned me and others from posting in the thread.

I posted a thread about it and banned myself from the thread.

The burdens you carry. Keep on keepin on.

After some additional discussion, we've come to decide not to do thread bannings after a thread is started. That means if you want to have anyone banned from your threads, you need to do it up front when you first create a thread. The only exception to this would probably be if someone made a sock puppet account to try and get around the ban.

The reason for this is to prevent people from deciding mid-argument to kick someone out just because they are disagreeing with them. You should know before starting the thread who are the true assholes vs. people that might just make you roll your eyes.

thank you for the interesting feature

Back