US dollar is worth half of what it was in 2000

Damo the price of milk paid to the farmer is up from about 12.50 a hundredweight in 2000 to about $20 a hundred weight in 2007. Add increased retail and transport costs in and you have nearly 100% increase.
I did not say everything doubled. Spin and distort huh ?

Damo the price of milk paid to the farmer is up from about 12.50 a hundredweight in 2000 to about $20 a hundred weight in 2007. Add increased retail and transport costs in and you have nearly 100% increase.
I did not say everything doubled. Spin and distort huh ?
You said it doubled. It hasn't.

Seriously. 1 gallon of 2% 7 years ago cost me about $2.89, it now costs about $3.29 tell me how that is "doubled" and then you can explain to Dixie how 1/3 doesn't exist, because you are both in the magic math arena at that point.

This is total rubbish. Total magical crapola rubbish you attempt to use to desperately pretend that you were right. The fact is you were wrong, the numbers do not correlate. Period. Even the numbers you use to tell me that milk doubled when I know it hasn't are faked to pretend you were right for some reason. The dollar index is not a correlation to its purchasing power, you are making yourself look even more foolish than usual in this one.

You said it doubled. It hasn't.

Seriously. 1 gallon of 2% 7 years ago cost me about $2.89, it now costs about $3.29 tell me how that is "doubled" and then you can explain to Dixie how 1/3 doesn't exist, because you are both in the magic math arena at that point.

This is total rubbish. Total magical crapola rubbish you attempt to use to desperately pretend that you were right. The fact is you were wrong, the numbers do not correlate. Period. Even the numbers you use to tell me that milk doubled when I know it hasn't are faked to pretend you were right for some reason. The dollar index is not a correlation to its purchasing power, you are making yourself look even more foolish than usual in this one.

The dollar drop is pretty much a direct inverse correlation to the price of oil now.

And food is waay up over the 2000 prices. Milk has doubled in price here since 2000.
You just enjoy that liberal haven of CO.

The dollar drop is pretty much a direct inverse correlation to the price of oil now.

And food is waay up over the 2000 prices. Milk has doubled in price here since 2000.
You just enjoy that liberal haven of CO.
Duh. That is because the price of oil is attached to the value of the dollar.

"waaay" up. Or "doubled" as would HAVE to be the case of the index value correlated with purchase price? You use milk as if it is the only one. Your own story suggests that in a few areas we have had increases of 25% to 50%, but even that story didn't suggest that EVERYTHING doubled as it would have to if your original assertion was correct. The numbers do not correlate, Mr. McCain contemporary. Attempting to use the dollar index to suggest what you did was based in ignorance and you get so embarrassed you use any port in a storm to attempt to protect your silly behind...

It isn't hard to just say, "Oh, okay. I didn't realize that there wasn't much correlation between that number and what I was talking about." and move on. Instead you are all "But, but, but... MILK!"

it's going to be funny watching you cry GED with things actually do get bad.
Here's a tip, a couple % negative GDP is bad, slow growth is not.

Damo and topper ? Ahh the economy is fine good ol boys. :D
Who said that?

Strawman alert! WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP! Strawman alert!

I said:

The Dollar index does not correlate to an equal drop in purchasing power. Then I proceeded to prove it so strongly you desperately cling to milk prices even when they don't correlate in actual cost to value of the index drop.

Then you attempt to distract with, "You said the economy is great!"

I have made no such assertion in this thread. I have simply pointed out that your original assertion was based on a false assumption of correlation that does not exist.

I also did not say there was a direct corelation between the dollar dropping by half and everything going up by the corresponding amount.
Just that the impact was more than your minimaliszing spin of it indicated.

Back