US no longer the worlds biggest economy

I will reply for the cons. But the euro zone is more than one country ;)

Yeah this has been coming a while and when more countries peg their currency to the euro....

Compared to the entire EU.... which has about 450,000,000 people to our 300,000,000.

They are 50% larger in population and are ahead of us by a razor thin margin... (depends on whether it takes $1.55 to buy the Euro or $1.56 as to who is ahead).

So bottom line... yea EU!!!! your 27 countries with 50% more people just equaled the US.

Last edited:
I will reply for the cons. But the euro zone is more than one country ;)

Yeah this has been coming a while and when more countries peg their currency to the euro....

Well, yeah, it has been coming. When the EU continues adding countries, they were bound to catch us as a collective sooner or later. The decline in the dollar just made it sooner. Sooner or later China and its 1.2 billion population will catch us as well.

LOL,
Did I call it or what?
Yep it is not a country but for currency/economic purposes it might as well be.

Well, yeah, it has been coming. When the EU continues adding countries, they were bound to catch us as a collective sooner or later. The decline in the dollar just made it sooner. Sooner or later China and its 1.2 billion population will catch us as well.

Yeah China's economy grew at about 4X the US pace last year I think.

I think they combined to make thier economy sort of bent that way so as to compete with the US. It appears to be working to an extent.

for now until some disagreement results in a war.. just a matter of time before there is a pissing contest between france and england.

LOL the education of an illiterate turbo-lib dem.
1. Eu zone many countries
2. It's a good thing when our trading partners do well.
3. A full 4yr college is obviously still a good investment. LOFL

I don't have the exact numbers, but I bet it was pretty close to that... you may be a tad low on the estimate. We grew about 2.2% and I think I recall seeing 9-10% for them.

Last one I saw was 12% I think SF.

but I was not absolutely certain on the figures so I went low. Did not want Damo to pick on me about my figures being wrong.

Not worried about spinner picking on me he doesn't have a clue.

it was 12% and they will surpase us in the next decade, but they will NEVER pass us on a per capita basis.
Even after the 12% the average Chineese man makes about $2,500 annually and the US Joe makes about $43,000

Not sure we will progress that far SF before we shoot ourselves back down.
That might happen on the next era of man.

Back