US slips down development index

Yep SF, but my point is that it attracts those with a different mindset that gets passed on to the offspring. I fist learned of thei when I moved to orygun many years ago. Just a different type of people there, even the ones that had been there for generations. but then their ancestors had the drive to go to orygun in the first place.

It is in attitude that gets passed on thru upbringing, environemnt and genetics.

That's so true, and though in terms of miles we aren't very far from you, in climate terms we're a world away. I'm beginning to find the summers really oppressive; luckily we have a pool and I can do laps at least. But in the winter we'd have to travel a fair distance to get in any cross country skiing (yes, I optimistically brought my skis! :( ) so it doesn't happen. I'm getting some more exercise trying to keep up with my border collie in the Agility ring.

yeah, climate is a big factor. When I visit my parents in FL, I tend to get lathargic... I am a wuss when it comes to humidity now. :)

Not sure what state you live in, but that sucks to have to drive a long way to get to an activity you like... especially one as good for you as CC skiing. I just bought a pair of snowshoes and look forward to trying them out this winter. Of course that means I have to give up some of my ski days, but I shall have strive to persevere in such a drastic dillema.

Yep SF, but my point is that it attracts those with a different mindset that gets passed on to the offspring. I fist learned of thei when I moved to orygun many years ago. Just a different type of people there, even the ones that had been there for generations. but then their ancestors had the drive to go to orygun in the first place.

It is in attitude that gets passed on thru upbringing, environemnt and genetics.

Agreed. Which is why the mindset of the good ole KY boys of eating so much fatty foods needs to change... that way you can train your southern neighbors who are even worse.

Agreed. Which is why the mindset of the good ole KY boys of eating so much fatty foods needs to change... that way you can train your southern neighbors who are even worse.

I an't gonna train those rednecks!

btw my cholesterol is fine and I weigh about 175. Not bad for 4 ft tall ?

That's so true, and though in terms of miles we aren't very far from you, in climate terms we're a world away. I'm beginning to find the summers really oppressive; luckily we have a pool and I can do laps at least. But in the winter we'd have to travel a fair distance to get in any cross country skiing (yes, I optimistically brought my skis! :( ) so it doesn't happen. I'm getting some more exercise trying to keep up with my border collie in the Agility ring.
Come on up. We have all the skiing you would want.

Back